Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Has anyone had a Playcentric preorder arrive on time?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-01, 11:24 AM
mmj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see lots of complaints about Playcentric and most seem to apply to preorders. I know that some people received Playcentric shipments in a timely fashion but were any of those preorders? I am concerned because I ordered Simpson's boxset and I don't want to be waiting weeks to get it (if I get it at all as some might suggest).
Old 09-20-01, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've had a couple of people flame me, sayign they've had nothing but good experiences, and timely deliveries from Playcentric... But i only recall two people doing that.

By the way this belongs in the store forum.
Old 09-20-01, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll put my complaint in...

I ordered the Die Hard Ult Collection, High Fidelity and The Storm Riders using Sprite's 20% coupon.

I was really excited when my package showed up yesterday from Playcentric... thinking I was privileged since most people don't even get they're order.

Die Hard Collection... its there. High Fidelity... yep.

Storm Riders dubbed pan and scan version.... #$%&!!

Well I got 2/3 of my order and a coaster for my Smirnoff Ice. Hopefully they'll respond with some suggestion as to how they're going to remedy this situation.
Old 09-20-01, 03:09 PM

I got a letter today from Playcentric, from someone who actually looked up my orders today. They told me that part of my order was shipped in the middle of Aug. and the backorders were shipped last week. I still haven't recieved anything, but atleast I got a response. They told me that air mail is moving slowly by surface mail and surface mail isn't moving at all until they get all the air mail moved. I can understand the backorders taking forever, because of the planes, but the first part of my order was shipped almost a month before this happened. It seems like I would have gotten them by now.
Old 09-20-01, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by catsmeow
I got a letter today from Playcentric, from someone who actually looked up my orders today. They told me that part of my order was shipped in the middle of Aug. and the backorders were shipped last week. I still haven't recieved anything, but atleast I got a response. They told me that air mail is moving slowly by surface mail and surface mail isn't moving at all until they get all the air mail moved. I can understand the backorders taking forever, because of the planes, but the first part of my order was shipped almost a month before this happened. It seems like I would have gotten them by now.
Um... what an excuse. They ship from michigan... GROUND.... unless you spring for the extra air shipping. Besides if they shipped it in mid august that still would have given them a month to get it here before Air travel began slowing...

This place is horrible.
Old 09-20-01, 04:01 PM
mmj

I just looked at their rating sheet on bizrate.com. While they had a fairly high rating for delivery time (6.9 out of 10) several things made me suspicious. There is no telephone or fax number listed and the business is based in Barbados. I know that all of these bits of info had been mentioned here before, but I don't know if they had ever been verified. I am starting to really regret my Simpsons pre-order. Luckily if there are problems I can just have my credit card company dispute the charge.
Old 09-20-01, 04:11 PM

Playcentric is terrible. I ordered 3 POTA Evolution sets about a month and a half ago. Received one set a few weeks ago, and have been trying to get the other 2 I was charged for immediately. It is virtually impossible to get an answer from anyone at their company, I will not buy anything else in the future from them. It isn't worth the hassle to save a few bucks.
Old 09-20-01, 04:29 PM

Originally posted by mmj
I just looked at their rating sheet on bizrate.com. While they had a fairly high rating for delivery time (6.9 out of 10) several things made me suspicious. There is no telephone or fax number listed and the business is based in Barbados. I know that all of these bits of info had been mentioned here before, but I don't know if they had ever been verified. I am starting to really regret my Simpsons pre-order. Luckily if there are problems I can just have my credit card company dispute the charge.
I just noticed that too!!! Also..is anyone else having problems emailing them? I keep getting an error back to me stating "invaild address"....anyone else confirm?
Old 09-20-01, 04:47 PM

No.
Old 09-20-01, 04:48 PM

Surprised to see this thread - I just happened to receive an email from Playcentric yesterday. They apologize, but "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World" - ordered September 1 - is backordered and they don't know when it will be in stock.

The other six "in stock" items I ordered at the same time did ship and were received about 10 days after ordered.

Still - it is aggravating they only now tell me now the item is backordered. Especially when they charged my card for the entrie amount of the order when they shipped the "in stock" items.

Is that legitimate? Should I report this to my credit card company?
Old 09-20-01, 07:13 PM
Suspended

I ordered Simpsons season 1 two months ago and now it shows as backordered on the order history. I'd e-mail them but it seems their response time is very slow. Oh well, just wait and see.
Old 09-20-01, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Here is their address for product returns:

166 Norseman Street
Toronto, ON M8Z 2R4, Canada

I don't know if this is where they ship from. There is so much speculation about this merchant's physical address.

I've sent numerous e-mails regarding their:

Hours of Operation
Business Contact Name and Telephone Number
Current Business Practices (shipping times, credit card charges
etc.)

Their response:

"At this time we only serve customers through email. You can
reach us any time
via email".

BOTTOM LINE: I will no longer place orders with this merchant.
Old 09-20-01, 09:38 PM

Here's a direct number to Playcentric. Was hell getting it, and the guy is located in Barbados, so don't talk to long! Good luck. Tim

441-293-7122.
Ed Sylvester
Playcentric International Corp.
Old 09-20-01, 09:44 PM

Add me to the list of people suddenly worried about their order. The way this thread is going, I think Sprite should be the one running the "Up Yours" campaign.
Old 09-20-01, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Does anyone know who is Harmit Kamboe and how he/she is affiliated with this merchant?
Old 09-21-01, 12:52 AM
mmj

Originally posted by timarnold1
Here's a direct number to Playcentric. Was hell getting it, and the guy is located in Barbados, so don't talk to long! Good luck. Tim

441-293-7122.
Ed Sylvester
Playcentric International Corp.
Thanks for getting that number. Despite the cost of the call, that may come in handy for a lot of people here. How did you find it?
Old 09-21-01, 12:55 AM
mmj

Originally posted by neilio
I ordered Simpsons season 1 two months ago and now it shows as backordered on the order history. I'd e-mail them but it seems their response time is very slow. Oh well, just wait and see.
I'm certainly not trying to defend Playcentric, but I think I can explain the backorder. I appears that they do not distinguish between out of stock (back ordered) and a preorder and therefore both are listed as the same. At least they obviously don't make any distinction when it comes to charging your credit card.
Old 09-21-01, 01:00 AM
mmj

Originally posted by TennisBum
They apologize, but "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World" - ordered September 1 - is backordered and they don't know when it will be in stock.

That seems like Bulls***t to me. Especially since on their Web site they claim that they charge you immediately for preorders in order to be certain that they are in stock at the time of shipping. (all of this is based on my thoughts that It's a mad mad, etc. was released last week. If that is not the case just ignore this post)
Old 09-21-01, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by mmj

That seems like Bulls***t to me. Especially since on their Web site they claim that they charge you immediately for preorders in order to be certain that they are in stock at the time of shipping. (all of this is based on my thoughts that It's a mad mad, etc. was released last week. If that is not the case just ignore this post)
Actually, you are correct - the release date wa sover a week ago, and every other site I've checked indicates they have this DVD in stock - ships within 24 hrs.

I tried a nice email, but if no reply I think I'll go to my CC company.
Old 09-21-01, 04:55 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by mmj

I'm certainly not trying to defend Playcentric, but I think I can explain the backorder. I appears that they do not distinguish between out of stock (back ordered) and a preorder and therefore both are listed as the same. At least they obviously don't make any distinction when it comes to charging your credit card.
That's true, but what I can't understand is that certain folks who get pre-orders get theirs shipped while other show as backordered.
Old 09-23-01, 11:21 AM
mmj

I checked my order history on Playcentric and it claims that my simpsons season 1 preorder was shipped 21 Sept by air mail. It includes an "air bill receipt" number also. I won't get too excited though until it is actually in my hands.
Old 09-24-01, 01:23 AM

Now I'm really worried. I posted earlier that part of my order was supposed to have been shipped in the middle of Aug. and my two backordered dvd's were shipped last week. I got my two backordered dvd's yesterday, 9 days after they were said to be shipped. The ones that were said to have been shipped over a month ago, I still have not gotten. If I never get them, Is there anything I can do? If so, how much longer should I wait? The part I haven't received are the 6 expensive dvd's. The two cheap ones came through, that figures.
Old 09-24-01, 08:39 AM

Ugh, can we make some sort of official Anti-Playcentric policy. I can't even count the number of negative posts about it. Seems like people like Flooz and cyverrebate more than playcentric.
Old 09-24-01, 03:55 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
More like cduniverse. heh.

I got my Lord of the Rings btw, it took a few weeks but it came.
Old 09-25-01, 09:26 PM

I placed one order for 9 dvd with different release dates assuming they would ship as released as their policy states.

All my preodorders go to backorder as soon as thier release date passes. Has anyone actually had a order ship before all items on the order were released?

I have emailed them numerous times and only received vague or generic responses.

Has the use of that telephone number been sucessfull iterms finding out what the f*** is going on with your order????

Thank You

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.