Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

More boken street dates

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

More boken street dates

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-01, 01:42 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More boken street dates

For all those in and around the NYC area...
...i went down to Union Square this afternoon to shop at the Green Market they set up there (i needed spinach for tonight's salad), and i decided to stop in to The Wiz to check their price on "Citizen Kane." While looking at the new releases i noticed that they had "Hell Up in Harlem," "Across 110th Street," "Bucktown," "Cornbread, Earl, and Me," and the new MGM release of "Robocop" for sale. I thought it odd, as i was sure the street dates weren't until next month (the titles in the "Soul Cinema" series aren't supposed to be out until 10/16/01). So, if anyone wants them, they are for sale--the Soul Cinema titles are $9.98, and "Robocop" is $14.98. I just have one favor to ask: leave a copy of "Hell Up in Harlem" for me---i only had enough $$ on me for dinner supplies!!
Old 09-28-01, 02:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i hate that crap, this local sam goody breaks street dates all the time, and every time i go there, the movie i want that has had the street date broken, is sold out!! pisses me off sumtimes!!
most recently they had THE MUMMY RETURNS sold out, asked the guy if he had any in the back, nope, so i figured id ask him if he had any of the special edition of THE TERMINATOR that also streets on oct 2, and his exact reply to me was "umm that doesnt come out until tuesday"!! i felt like bitch slapping him!!! i didnt waste my time and explain to him thqat mummy retunrs alos comes out on tuesday, so i just said, "ok" and left!!