Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Can it be? Amazon shipped pre-order...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-01, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Friday the 21st, I received an email from Amazon saying my order for Total Recall and Terminator had shipped, and sure enough it arrived on Wednesday the 26th. To my surprise, Terminator isn't due out until Oct. 2nd, and Amazon usually never ships pre-orders early.

Did anyone else get their's early?
Old 09-27-01, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amazon shipped my Terminator Pre-Order today.
Old 09-27-01, 08:02 PM

Me too!

Got my Terminator SE today along with my order of Basic Instinct SE.

Thanks Amazon!

videoking
Old 09-27-01, 08:14 PM

Me too. Got Terminator:SE and Cape Fear:SE today also. I thinks that's the first time any pre-order from Amazon has gotten to me before the street date, let alone being shipped before street date. Wish they would do it more often.
Old 09-27-01, 09:34 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Me too. Amazon shipped my Terminator SE yesterday.

It can be either amazon mistaking this week as the release date or their resolution on shipping preorders in general
Old 09-27-01, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They shipped my Terminator last Saturday but sent it UPS, so it won't arrive until tomorrow. I can't complain because it's still beats the official street date by several days. This is the second order in about a month that Amazon shipped early for me. Maybe next they will ship my Godfather and Phantom Menace order early.
Old 09-28-01, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Got my Terminator and French Connection I and II yesterday.

-Steve
Old 09-28-01, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DDD shipped my pre-order of Brannigan yesterday. It's release date is 10/02 as well. Maybe there's a pattern here.
Old 09-28-01, 09:39 AM

They did the opposite to me. I had a combined order of the French Connection set, and Terminator Special Edition, with a $10.00 anniversary coupon of $50.00 or more. They shipped the French Connection set, and charged me full price plus shipping, and did not apply the coupon.

On another order for Citizen Kane, Blood Simple, and Simpsons, combined to use a $10.00 coupon and reduce shipping costs, they charge me full price, and did not credit the coupon which shows on the order on their site. They charged me two days before shipping the order. I called a phone rep. who agreed to refund $10.00 to my charge card. Next day I emailed them since nothing had been done. I got an email response yesterday saying that they will refund my $10.00 before my next billing cycle.
I have had previous charge problems with Amazon, but when I contacted them, the were able to rectify them within a 12 hour period. So it seems to me that their service is actually getting worse. Could the early shipments and the early charging, and slow refunding, which I have experienced be indicators of a company trying to collect funds as fast as possible due to a cash flow problem? The way that the are handling my account is making me leery of them.
Old 09-28-01, 10:17 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by net results
They did the opposite to me. I had a combined order of the French Connection set, and Terminator Special Edition, with a $10.00 anniversary coupon of $50.00 or more. They shipped the French Connection set, and charged me full price plus shipping, and did not apply the coupon.

On another order for Citizen Kane, Blood Simple, and Simpsons, combined to use a $10.00 coupon and reduce shipping costs, they charge me full price, and did not credit the coupon which shows on the order on their site. They charged me two days before shipping the order. I called a phone rep. who agreed to refund $10.00 to my charge card. Next day I emailed them since nothing had been done. I got an email response yesterday saying that they will refund my $10.00 before my next billing cycle.
I have had previous charge problems with Amazon, but when I contacted them, the were able to rectify them within a 12 hour period. So it seems to me that their service is actually getting worse. Could the early shipments and the early charging, and slow refunding, which I have experienced be indicators of a company trying to collect funds as fast as possible due to a cash flow problem? The way that the are handling my account is making me leery of them.
I read from another thread that amazon is upgrading their computer systems and some coupons and gift certificates didn't move correctly as a result of it.
Old 09-28-01, 11:09 AM

Originally posted by eau

I read from another thread that amazon is upgrading their computer systems and some coupons and gift certificates didn't move correctly as a result of it.
That still does not explain why they charged full price two days before shipping, and are delaying the refund credit, something which a customer rep has done instantly in the past.

How many times have Amazon mishandled technical upgrades in the past, where the customer gets inconvenienced!.

Customers are what it is all about. Keep on making it difficult for us to do business and a company is done for. What I am saying is with previous upgrade experiences in their history, should't they by now have a plan in place not to to disrupt their lifeblood.(Customers)!
Old 09-28-01, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

terminator came today.

btw

a seperate order came today, photoimpact 6 (free shipping and 45$ back from rebate) and heathers dvd. i had 8.80 gc left over from the terminator and a 10 off 50 coupon. my total was 42.66. however when the last order shipped the email said they charged me 62 dollars. i emailed and complained and the CSR said they would credit my card 42.66. it looks like they where giving me the order for free since they screwed up, however if they charged me 62 and only credit 42, i'm still losing 20 bucks. so should i demand a credit of 62 and not 42, or should i just be happy that i'm already coming out ahead from all this? thanks.
Old 09-28-01, 08:52 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Gsuscryst
terminator came today.

btw

a seperate order came today, photoimpact 6 (free shipping and 45$ back from rebate) and heathers dvd. i had 8.80 gc left over from the terminator and a 10 off 50 coupon. my total was 42.66. however when the last order shipped the email said they charged me 62 dollars. i emailed and complained and the CSR said they would credit my card 42.66. it looks like they where giving me the order for free since they screwed up, however if they charged me 62 and only credit 42, i'm still losing 20 bucks. so should i demand a credit of 62 and not 42, or should i just be happy that i'm already coming out ahead from all this? thanks.
Let me get this straight. Amazon charged you 62 while your order total was 42. So they overcharged you 20. Now the CSR has credited you 42 (instead of 20), so your final out-of-pocket total is $20, for all the stuff in your order (which has a $45 mail-in rebate to boost).

So you are like $22 ahead, and you are asking amazon to refund another 20 so that you get all the stuff for free ??? Am I lost in your numbers or you are asking too much

Old 09-28-01, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by eau

...or you are asking too much

i don't think of it as asking too much