Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review: American Werewolf

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-01, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
American Werewolf Ups & Downs

Watched all of the new "American Werewolf in London" disc last night and was pretty disappointed with the grainy, soft transfer. However, I was pleasantly surprised by a few things:

1) Anyone else notice that the cab driver is a young Alan Ford (Bricktop from "Snatch")?

2) On the commentary, Griffin Dunne provides a hilarious impression of John Landis, and Dunne and David Naughton joke endlessly about their crush on Jenny Agutter.

3) Full-frontal "See You Next Wednesday" nudity in the Outtakes!
Old 09-23-01, 07:02 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I too was impressed with the disc. Haven't listened to all the commentary yet, but what I have listened to has been entertaining. The outtakes were good too. However, I wish there were deleted scenes included. Landis said that he was forced to cut a handful of scenes due to violence and nudity. I'll have to pop it in again though to get a good look at bricktop.
Old 09-25-01, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After reading all the reviews about the heavy grain and softness, I was pleasantly surprised with this disc. Sharpness and detail were better than average, there was a missing frame in the Slaughtered Lamb and a few nicks here and there, but nothing that detracts from this great little film. I had the original release and this transfer is quite superior. If you are a fan of this film run out and get it now.