Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDBoxoffice ..... PAH!!!!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-14-01, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely useless.
Ordered a title from them that they, apparently, had in stock. It took them over a week to process and ship it and now over three weeks later it still hasn't arrived.
A blind man on a donkey would've got it to me quicker !!
I'll never order from these guy's again.

Fever.

(PS. No offence intended to any near-sighted delivery people who uses four-legged animals as a means of transport)

Last edited by Fever Dawg; 09-14-01 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-15-01, 03:14 AM

Yea, I ordered Black Christmas last friday. Got a email confirming the order and they said they would send another email when it shipped. I still haven't received a email telling me it shipped, for a title that they say is in stock they are treating it more like a backorder.
Old 09-18-01, 02:25 PM
Cool New Member

DVD BOXOFFICE does not show you if something is in stock. So I don't really understand what you people mean about them treating the titles like back orders. If your movie didn't ship the day after you ordered it, then it was a back order. Did they charge your card before they dispatched the film? Because as far as I know, they may not have everything in stock when you order it, but they won't take your money until they are ready to ship the item, so I don't really get where any of you are missing out or losing out on anything?
Old 09-18-01, 04:01 PM

I wouldn't have a problem waiting, considering some of their low prices. What I have a problem with is their lack of communication. When I ordered Black Christmas on the 8 of this month, they sent me an invoice for it right away but didn't tell me it was backordered. If they would of sent me notice to that effect I wouldn't have had a problem. But it's going on 10 days now with no word from them. I just canceled my order with them and am just waiting for conformation before I place an order with a company that has a better customer service policy.
Old 09-18-01, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmmm... interesting. In the past year or two I've placed about 6 orders with them. All of them have arrived promptly and I've received e-mail confirmation that they shipped (just like any other online store).

Apparently, others have definitely had issues, but I just wanted to chime in with my experiences. I always go there first if there's a Canadian disc I want because of the great prices, free shipping, and (for me) timely delivery.
Old 09-19-01, 03:24 AM

Well sometimes shipments do get lost.. happened to me... very horrid of times for me.. I'm ok now

Anyways you got to remember that nothing is perfect and shipments do vanish now & then... that part you can't blame the etailer for. Most places often do ship out replacements, not that I ever shopped at boxoffice.. prices are WAAAAAAY to high.
Old 09-21-01, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by batjann
DVD BOXOFFICE does not show you if something is in stock.
I know ... and that is surely a bad thing, is it not? I'd never used them before and presumed that because the title I was ordering was under their 'New Arrivals' heading that they had it in stock. How naive of me, eh?
How difficult would it be for them to just put 'Temporarily out of stock' under the title like virtually every other retailer ?
Anyway ... I've received my order now so I'm a lot happier - took four weeks in total - I still won't be using them again though.