Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Playcentric backorders

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Playcentric backorders

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-01, 09:10 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playcentric backorders

Just wondering if anyone else has been waiting (and waiting) for backorders from Playcentric?

I placed the order a month ago (Sex & the City Season 2), my credit card was charged, and the order status has been listed as backorder (with no ETA) ever since.

Anyone know - is this usual for Playcentric?
Old 09-05-01, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think i have a vendetta against this place now... I posted my experience, in more detail than anyone cares to know....

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=134374

and limited info in this thread...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=139414

Best of luck, i think you'll need it.
Old 09-06-01, 01:04 AM
mvc

I hope you picked the air mail shipping.... I placed an order 2 months ago with one in stock DVD and a few preorders... The in stock DVD took over 3 weeks to arrive to my place in CA. I'm still awaiting another DVD that was released over 2 weeks ago.... To top that off, Playcentric's CS doesn't really respond, at least to my emails. =\

If you want your DVD's fast (and maybe to some extent, if you just want your DVD's ) I would recommend looking elsewhere. Try OrderBox.... It has been working great for me and others on this forum.
Old 09-06-01, 03:24 PM
Cool New Member

Another Thing

I have had trouble getting any response from thier customer service. Try emailing Harmit Kamboe directly with questions about already sent orders.

Send me a message if you want the email addy (or do a search on Google groups for playcentric postings).

The reason I won't put it here is that if I need it I don't want them to ignore direct emails.

Sam
Old 09-06-01, 10:37 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
I think i have a vendetta against this place now... I posted my experience, in more detail than anyone cares to know....

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=134374

and limited info in this thread...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=139414

Best of luck, i think you'll need it.
I've read extensively all your bad raps on this store and I have to say that what I have read is a story of someone who tried to manipulate their system from the outset by insisting that more than one discount be applied which they did, even though they don't normally do it.
You have also been given further discount for your troubles which are partially of your own making by continually emailing them and challenging the order which in itself would have caused delays trying to sort out all these discounts before shipment.

You have admitted sending multiple emails (some threatening)which have overlapped action they have already taken to complete your order. You also said you have sent 16 emails, and in all this you have still recieved a back ordered item in approxamately 22 days at a price very few others did.

In short I see nothing for you to complain about and consider you have been treated more than fairly for your impatience, and manipulation of their already generous discounts. Your "Vendetta" as I see it is unjustified.

I've used this store several times now and I have had one problem with a back order but a polite email after giving them time to find out the problem had them going out of their way to get the item to me ASAP
Old 09-06-01, 10:55 PM

K, thanks.

(check the other threads.. you'll see 5 or 6 other people right now with the same problems i had. Some of them taking my advice after feeling they've been jerked around by customer service. And the thing that gets me is alot of these playcentric orders are preordrs, so we're yet to see how much trouble that will cause. Congrats with your orders, IMO you lucked out. I'll not shop with them again. I was just pointing those threads out to the 2 people in here having troubles with playcentric. Maybe they'll find it helpful. None of my emails were "threatening" so you might want to check your facts next time you attack someones post. Thanks for bashing me, have a nice day)
Old 09-07-01, 02:14 AM
Cool New Member

K, thanks.

None of my emails were "threatening" so you might want to check your facts next time you attack someones post. Thanks for bashing me, have a nice day)
You really should take the time to re-read your own threads

You know what.... No more Mr. nice guy...

If they dont' post my 2.00 and 5.00 credits IN the next Two days, i'm denying the whole charge to my credit card company. I'm fed up.

I just sent a huge Bitch-Out letter to them demanding that ALL credits be placed on my card immediatly, as well as my shipping costs refunded to me, Or i will deny the charges on my card and report them as fraudulent charges..
Sounds threatening to me.

I just fired off a really pissed email to them.
I'm sure that helped too.

My response was not meant as an attack and I don't think I've bashed you either I think as at least one other member does that your complaints are over the top considering you got your discounts. And considering that you sent "16 emails" over the course of an order that appears to of only taken 22 days to fulfill that it was a bit much and undoubtoubly delayed your order trying to sort out all your complaints, emails, and SPECIAL requirements given you had various discounts to apply that were NOT part of the offer. If you have given advice for others to follow your methods of obtaining more than one discount I'm not surprised others are also having difficulties. However out of the thousands of orders that do go right I think you should cut them some slack and stop dissing them so much for problems some of which you gave them with your multiple discount pursuit.

And yes it's a lovely day I have had.
Old 09-10-01, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i will admit to buying into some of this anti-playcentric sentiment whilst waiting for my die hard box and having already been charged.

came today...little under 2 weeks

$40.75

where's the problem? try to keep in mind that they are shipping from canada.

and no, i didn't call and whine about the 2 bucks.

regards,
-chess
Old 09-13-01, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by chess
i will admit to buying into some of this anti-playcentric sentiment whilst waiting for my die hard box and having already been charged.

came today...little under 2 weeks

$40.75

where's the problem? try to keep in mind that they are shipping from canada.

and no, i didn't call and whine about the 2 bucks.

regards,
-chess
These boys appear to be located in the Bahamas, not Canada. Not sure if shipping to the USA is similar to Air Mail shipping from Canada.
Old 09-13-01, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Preacher

These boys appear to be located in the Bahamas, not Canada. Not sure if shipping to the USA is similar to Air Mail shipping from Canada.
could have sworn the return address on mine was in canada, but you're probably right...

anyway, the point still stands. sure, it took some time, but nothing too absurd.
Old 09-13-01, 04:14 PM
Cool New Member

Bahamas

HQ is in Bahamas but all operations are in canada. Something to do with taxes and such I believe.
Old 09-13-01, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I preordered Benny Hill Golden Greats 2 pk with them when they had the misprice and all (around August 27). My order was not cancelled and I finally got an email back saying that their backorders are usually filled within 2-3 weeks. I sent back a strongly worded email telling them to give me a more concrete timeframe. Suffice it to say, this will be the last time I shop with them.
Old 09-24-01, 05:38 PM

I ordered the following on 9/6/01:
Pink Floyd The Wall LE $14.75
Wicker Man LE $23.98
Evil Dead 2 LE Tin $16.65

I received them today all in excellent shape.
Old 09-25-01, 10:00 AM

Here's the response I got today from an email I sent them on the 20th...

"Dear Customer ,

I apologize, you should have received an email stating that
"Stars wars, Dumbo, Mummy returns and Along came a spider" is currently on back order. While we don't have a concrete ETA, our back orders usually take 2-3 weeks to come in. Would you like to cancel it?

Julia Holburn
Customer Service Representative
Playcentric.com"

I haven't decided yet if I want to cancel....another item I ordered, that was in stock, has yet to arive. I placed my order on 9/6/01.
Old 09-25-01, 11:24 PM
Cool New Member

Re: Playcentric backorders

Originally posted by flukiegrrl
Just wondering if anyone else has been waiting (and waiting) for backorders from Playcentric?

Yes, I'm still waiting...

I sent an inquiry a few weeks ago and received an email back stating that their system doesn't take into account whether or not an item is in stock when your credit card gets charged. Alrighty...

They also informed me that my "Sex & the City" set still has no ETA at the moment.

I've got the charge on my VISA bill, but NO DVD in my player....ggrrrrrrrr! I've waited this long, guess a few more weeks won't hurt.
Old 09-27-01, 10:38 PM

Anyone know how to use the tracking number on their shipments? Looks like my Simpsons boxset has shipped. I, too, will not complain if it takes a few more days, as I ordered the Simpsons and the Godfather sets for less than $75 total.
Old 09-27-01, 10:58 PM

It's an Airbill# ... which is basically them hitting the keyboard 9 times for the purpose of their own inventory... no way to track it...

On a lighter note, they sent me an email notifying me of October backo.. er, i mean Preorder's. I'm thinking of emailing them back just laughing...
Old 09-28-01, 08:33 AM
mmj

My simpsons preorder arrived yesterday (thursday), two days after the release date.
Old 09-28-01, 01:05 PM
Cool New Member

I ordered Princess Bride: SE back in August and it showed up today. The only problem is that they sent me the orginal bare-bones edition and not the special edition. Has this happened to anybody else? Has anyone actually be able to return anything to this place?
Old 09-28-01, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Still have my Benny hill: Golden greats on backorder with them from aug. 27. Of course since it was mispriced, I only paid $6.31 for it, but still, they've charged my card and not delivered. And I know it's not being held up 'cuz of the misprice, because others who got in on it have gotten theirs.
Old 09-28-01, 01:57 PM

FYI - my Godfather and Simpsons preorders showed up today. Simpsons a few days after release, Godfather very early.
Old 09-28-01, 02:19 PM

WOW, godfather already!? playcentic makes so sensetric
Old 09-28-01, 05:01 PM
Banned

My Simpsons set arrived today from Playcentric. Shipped on 9/20/01.
Old 09-28-01, 05:05 PM

WOW, godfather already!? playcentic makes so sensetric
Yeah, I know -- I wait a month for an IN STOCK title... but my Godfather collection comes almost 2 weeks early!
Old 10-15-01, 09:38 PM
Cool New Member

My Sex and the City set FINALLY arrived last Friday. Glad to have it in my little hot hands.

Won't be doing business with Playcentric in the future, though. Two months is a little long to wait...even for a bargain.