Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

hivizone 4th anniversary sale

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-01, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got an e-mail from Hivizone...to celebrate their 4th anniversary, customers who order 4 dvds or more will get a 12% discount. I think the deal starts Sept 1 and ends Sept 14. I am not sure if is separate from teh discount returning customers get (10% if I recall correctly) . If you could combine the two, it would be a pretty sweet deal of 22% off. If anyone gets the info please post. Either which way, I am overdue for an order....thinking of getting Purple Storm, Gen-X Cops, Hit Team, and Blood of the Leopard. I have only seen Gen-x....either of the others something I shoudl stay away from ??
Old 08-30-01, 11:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: hivizone 4th anniversary sale

Originally posted by JHosk
thinking of getting Purple Storm, Gen-X Cops, Hit Team, and Blood of the Leopard. I have only seen Gen-x....either of the others something I shoudl stay away from ??
I'm not familar w/ Blood... so I can't comment on that. Purple Storm and Hit Team are great movies though. The first is a modern day techno/thriller and the other is a decent police drama/action. The only recommendation I would have is that if you have access to a R2 player the HKL version of Purple Storm is supposed to be much better than the "standard" R0.
Old 08-30-01, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it's only a 12% discount straight across the board, no combos. I asked. When they had the 13% off sale last year, the same thing happened.

I believe that DDDHouse will match the 12% discount if you ask, but don't quote me on this.

All 4 of the movies you mentioned are pretty good.
Old 08-30-01, 04:58 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Ever since I bought a 16x9 HDTV, I cannot bring myself to buy non-anamorphic DVDs and that includes Asian imports. When are those studios going to realize that anamorphic is just a damned flick of a switch on the telecine machine?!!
Old 08-30-01, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would heartily recommend "Blood of the Leopard". Wild wire-fu, but a very serious story of loyaly and friendship---the performance by the short-tempered monk is really great. I'm usually more of an old-school fan, but this was one new-wave movie I really enjoyed---and the DVD print is fine.
Old 09-15-01, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone had Hivizone problems lately? I just tried to place an order hoping to get in on the anniversary sale (not sure how time zones affect this). I had a cart of 19 discs & checked out. I didn't see a 12% discount - only the 10% off - but continued anyway & asked about the sale in the remarks section. When I hit submit, it took me to another page that says, "The following error was encountered : This transaction has been declined." but it doesn't say WHY it was declined. Everything looks right to me when I go back. I thought maybe it was because Dr. Wai was out of stock so I took it out & replaced it with something else but the same thing happened. Anyone else?