Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Just Watched From Dusk Till Dawn

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 08-22-01, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. What a great movie I've been missing out on for a long time! I really loved it. What did you think?
Old 08-22-01, 08:58 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a modern classic if you ask me. Have a look at Part 3 for more fun. They're in different leagues, but if you're a fan you'll most like enjoy the ride. Part 2 is a real stinker, though, even by my tolerances.
Old 08-24-01, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by noelgross
It's a modern classic if you ask me. Have a look at Part 3 for more fun. They're in different leagues, but if you're a fan you'll most like enjoy the ride. Part 2 is a real stinker, though, even by my tolerances.
I agree with you, part 2 added very little if anything to the story as a whole. It didn't even seem like a side story at all. Part 3 was great (I thought). Part 3 - The Hangman's Daughter was a prequel to the first 2 and it really did a great job of explaining the history of the whole story.

Definately worth a rental.

XEON
Old 09-12-01, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just finished watching this movie. Liked it so much, I watched the extras as well. I've owned this dvd for several months now and can not believe I've been missing out on a great movie.

I was going to ask about Pt. 2, but it seems you guys have answered my Q.

Definitely going to check out Pt. 3 though.

If you haven't seen it, check it out!!

My. 03
Old 09-12-01, 01:26 PM

I agree with everyone so far, a modern classic without a doubt.
Old 09-12-01, 07:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How were the extras? I haven't gotten to them yet.
Old 09-13-01, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Full Tilt Boogie is one of the best extra features released on the DVD format. (I'm assuming we're referring to the Collector's Edition here.) I really liked the use of surrounds in the sound mix. When the bats swarm around outside the bar, it just sounds great.
Old 09-13-01, 08:50 AM

I have to say that I've heard a lot of good things about part 3 but I did NOT enjoy it very much. It seemed like the typical B horror movie but not as fun as the classic B horror films.
Old 09-14-01, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Fun film, but the sequels are sh*t - typical straight-to-video nonsense with zero likeable characters, terrible acting, ridiculous plotting and poor special effects. And not a single new idea.

It was obvious to me that in part 2 the makers tried to hide their lack of knowledge about effective filmmaking by using far too much self-aware, over-the-top camera trickery that would make even Sam Raimi cringe.
Old 09-14-01, 04:18 PM

Guess I'll have to check out #3, as well as the extras on #1. I saw the first one in the theater and loved it but was severely disappointed by #2. I wasn't expecting greatness - even mediocrity would have been fine! But no, only non-stop lameness was to be found.

It will also be nice to see #1 again but without the annoying comments supplied by the stupid girl behind me in the theater. "Ooh, this is scary. Oh God, I hate snakes," etc.
Old 09-15-01, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As much as I loved the original I just didn't think part 2 & 3 were neccessary or fun. BUT i did buy the box set. Why? No clue really. I just like having films in sets.

Full Tilt Boogie is great and I'm so glad it wasn't left behind at release like I heard it was going to be. I sweated it out that Tuesday cause seemed like 50% of the sites said the set included it and 50% said that it wasn't there. Great documentary!!