Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How to get amazon reinstate stl account?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 08-22-01, 03:16 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any experience or advice to help fellow dvdtalkers?
Old 08-22-01, 07:43 AM

Why were you cut off?
Old 08-22-01, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by ElNino
Why were you cut off?
Amazon also shut down my STL account, but they never gave me a reason why. So I just opened another account and STL works fine in the new account.
Old 08-22-01, 12:25 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Amazon sent me a canned reply:

"Our records indicate that you have not used this program as it was intended; instead, you opened multiple accounts in order to obtain a discount, placed an order using the discount as the payment method, and canceled the original order. Therefore, you accounts have been removed from participation in our Share the Love program."

I do have a few accounts but never sent stl to myself and obtain discount that way. I think their software simply shuts down customers with multiple accounts.

I have sent another email to contest it. Why wouldn't they just look at my order history and see that I didn't sent stl to myself???
Old 08-22-01, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

still no response from them.. all my orders are legit.. they just don't want to give me my credit for sharing is what I believe.
Old 08-22-01, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by matchpenalty
still no response from them.. all my orders are legit.. they just don't want to give me my credit for sharing is what I believe.
EXACTLY! Even if they reinstate your STL the Software WILL Ban you again and you'll have to reinstate again and again
Old 08-22-01, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

two words: BOMBARD THEM

I had my account shut down. Then they told me I used it against its rules. After lying to me, I got in their face and got my account reinstated (and a $20 promo to boot). Then it was shut down again. Needless to say, I informed them again about the problem, and they fixed it more quickly. Either way, it took about 2 weeks till it worked for good. It's worked fine for about a month now.

I suggest emailing [email protected] if you want to accomplish anything. Otherwise, you'll wait even longer for another CSR to just transfer what you write to the Communities people.

Good luck. Be persistent.
Old 08-22-01, 10:33 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by jiggyblau
two words: BOMBARD THEM

I had my account shut down. Then they told me I used it against its rules. After lying to me, I got in their face and got my account reinstated (and a $20 promo to boot). Then it was shut down again. Needless to say, I informed them again about the problem, and they fixed it more quickly. Either way, it took about 2 weeks till it worked for good. It's worked fine for about a month now.

I suggest emailing [email protected] if you want to accomplish anything. Otherwise, you'll wait even longer for another CSR to just transfer what you write to the Communities people.

Good luck. Be persistent.
Thanks jiggyblau, I first emailed [email protected] and received the canned reply above. I just emailed them again to ask them to check their records.

I do have a few accounts but I never sent stl to myself. All my stl were coming from the generous dvdtalkers here. They could have checked my order history including any canceled order, in all my accounts. I doubt they actually checked their records before sending out the canned reply.

Their accusation is false and shuting down my stl is unfair. I was expecting stl credit on the Hannibal/Silence sent out this week. I am going to be persistent until they fix it!

Jiggyblau, did they give you back any credit that you would have earned during the problem resolution?

Last edited by eau; 08-22-01 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-23-01, 11:39 AM

Originally posted by eau
Jiggyblau, did they give you back any credit that you would have earned during the problem resolution?
Nope, but as I said, they gave me a $20 promo, which made up for it enough for me to not bother asking for more. Be stern and honest with them, and they should offer you some compensation as well. If not, make them do it. They owe you something for not being able to use your account due to their error. Good luck.
Old 08-27-01, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wrote amazon a nice clear letter asking for my Stl account to be reinstated. That was 4 days ago, they didn't respond to me (I didn't even get the canned reply).
Oh well, without stl, I can usually get DVDs cheaper elsewhere, so I won't be shopping at amazon much anymore.
Old 09-02-01, 02:11 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finally, amazon admitted to their mistake and reinstated my STL. They gave me a $10 promo to make up for my trouble, plus I had received the credits from 'friends' purchases.

So if you really didn't break the program rules, your persistence may pay off
Old 09-02-01, 04:23 PM

Originally posted by eau
Finally, amazon admitted to their mistake and reinstated my STL. They gave me a $10 promo to make up for my trouble, plus I had received the credits from 'friends' purchases.

So if you really didn't break the program rules, your persistence may pay off
Good job! See, if you tell them it was their fault and it was, they'll fix it. Almost every time. Still the best service around if you ask me.