Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Poll: Deep Discount DVD: reliable, safe?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.
View Poll Results: Deep Discount DVD usually offers the cheapest price plus free S&H, is it reliable??
Deep Discount is great! The S&H IS indeed free and I got my titles fairly quickly.
65.17%
Deep Discount is fair, they get you what you ordered, and at the advertised price, but it takes awhile
31.46%
Deep Discount is good, but the free S&H is bull.
1.12%
Stay away from Deep Discount, they are very unreliable!
2.25%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-01, 07:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How has everyone's experiences been with DDDVD? They seem to list the cheapest of everyone and they have free S&H...is it for real?
Old 08-08-01, 10:12 PM

DeepDiscountDVD is great. Their prices are unbeatable, if they aren't then they will sell that DVD for less than the other person (including shipping). They are for real, and I have not heard anyone have any problem from them besides how long shipping takes. It only takes 2-3 days for me though, and I live somewhat close.

They have never messed up and order, they always ship promptly, their site is secure, and they are absolutely great.

I've only heard tons of good things about them, except for shipping, which I guess takes some people a week or a week and a half, but I think that's for very few people.

Oh well, I think they're great, and the shipping delay for some people would definitely be worth it for their prices on most products.
Old 08-08-01, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I figure shipping is free, so it's their choice to put it on a slow boat to china. If I want, I can pay 3.95 there OR anywhere to get it fast.

So, yeah, they's cool
Old 08-09-01, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Depends...

Shipping is free (but as stated the Media Rate they ship at is slow, so you get what you didn't pay for)...

Depending on the title/distributor, sometime they will ship way before street date...

They don't carry everything under the sun including recent pre-orders...

There are some good deals on some stuff (A&E discs), but not on others... Sometimes I've noticed with DVDEmpire's new media rate shipping, you can still come away with a better deal there than DDD.

It's a mixed bag, but with an edge to the positive.
Old 08-09-01, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I've done the free shipping from DD they seem to ship the order semi-quickly and it arrives pretty quickly. I've made the mistake of paying for Priority shipping, and I'll never do that again. It took them 4 days to send it out, and so basically it arrived at the same time it would've if I hadn't paid!

For free shipping, their prices can't be beat.
Old 08-10-01, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It takes me close to 2 weeks to get a dvd here in sacramento. however it is still a good deal on titles i am willing to wait on.
Old 08-10-01, 08:18 PM

I think DDD i pretty good. They don't carry everything, but they will carry more if you call or send an e-mail to them; and they will price match with other etailers. I like them alot.
Old 08-11-01, 10:17 AM

My very first order from DDD was last week for "Scars of Dracula." Got shipping notice 8/1 but so far no sign of disc.

Postscript:

"Scars of Dracula" finally arrived today, 8/14. However, my order for "Blood from the Mummy' Tomb" for which I got shipping notice on 8/7, I received on 8/11.

Last edited by serse; 08-14-01 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-11-01, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

These guys are the best especially for international. Their flat rate shipping is, on it’s own, the best deal on the net but when you back that up with some of the keenest prices and the best customer service anywhere, I’d say they’re unbeatable. They are always happy to hear of titles not listed on their site and sometimes have them up to order in a couple of days so at last I can say goodbye to CDLater.

Up there with Reel *sniff* in terms of quality.
Old 08-12-01, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Reliable + Safe

DDD wins out on price and convenience but they have a relatively crappy selection... It's difficult to get stuff that's not mainstream (a lot of Criterion titles), but for big releases, I can't think of a better place. I've ordered 'Three Amigos' from them Priority and the A&E Prisoner box set (free shipping on a 10-disc set!).
Old 08-13-01, 03:07 AM

Yeah, their prices are totally unbeatable, especially in this day and age. Got "Yi Yi" for only $14.95 shipped, nobody else came close. The order took about a week to arrive.

If you need it ASAP, go to a B&M.
Old 08-14-01, 03:11 PM

I ordered Scars of Dracula on 8/7, got it 8/13.
Reasonably quick, gret price, confirmation and shipping emails.
I'd order from them again.
I got charged tax though, WTF????
Anybody know where they're located?
Old 08-14-01, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by digitalboy
Everything I've gotten from them has been from Itasca, IL.
Old 08-15-01, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by digitalboy
...I got charged tax though, WTF????
Yes, they are located in Itasca, Illinois. Everybody who lives in Illinois (including you and me) pay sales tax at this site.

As for the original questin, I placed an order a couple of weeks ago, received it with no problems. They say that their method of shipping will take 5 to 10 days, I received it in 4 (of course, I am in the same state).
Old 08-16-01, 10:37 AM
Banned

well i finally ordered from DDD last night at 10pm EST.
i got predator DTS widescreen($14.59) and Jaws dolby digital widescreen ($20.39). anyway, they sent me an immediate email saying i would get a confirmation number within 24 hours. well i still haven't gotten the confirmation email yet, but it has only been 13 hours or so.

i hope to get the titles in working order in the 5-10 business days they advertise.

the thing that makes DDD a deal is not just its low prices (which are matched elsewhere), but its the FREE S&H!!!!! awesome! i will post how my order turns out! thanks, dave
Old 08-17-01, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've ordered from them a bunch of times and never had a sinlge problem.
Old 08-17-01, 04:15 PM
Banned

well, i got another email form them saying that jaws had shipped today! [talk about good communtication]. i live in ma, so if it moves over the weekend i expect to get it between monday -wed sometimes.

my other order, predator dts was back ordered but they told me in an email it would ship 8/26. and i was only billed for jaws so far.

so far i am impressed.....will post how things turn out asap. dave
Old 08-18-01, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I had two separate packages sent to me recently. One shipped out on 8/8 and got her on 8/15. The other shipped on 8/7 and still has not arrived. I'm getting a little nervous because the package shipped a day later already got here a few days ago.
Old 08-18-01, 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally posted by serse

"Scars of Dracula" finally arrived today, 8/14. However, my order for "Blood from the Mummy' Tomb" for which I got shipping notice on 8/7, I received on 8/11.

That isn't DD's fault that is our wonderful US Snail Mail's fault.
Old 08-19-01, 12:33 AM
Banned

WTF??? Cannot Authorize charges

That's the message I got from Deep discount. I use my Web Certificate to pay for stuff in the past and never experience this before. Anyone? And yes, I do have suffucient amount in my account. I still love you DDDVD.
Old 08-19-01, 11:22 AM

I love dddvd. I live in TN so I get my titles within 3-5 days. I recently ordered 2 movies from them. One title was in stock and the other was a pre-order for Hannibal. I never received a shipping confirm on the in stock title, but I received it Monday. What a surprise!! I assumed that they were going to ship them together when Hannibal was available. I received a shipping confirm for Hannibal Thursday (I believe) and I am hoping to have it by Monday. ILOVE DDDVD. The one thing I have learned in over 3 years of buying dvd's online is that (personally) I can wait an extra couple of days if I can save an extra couple of dollars. Hell....I was thinking of buying the recent "MGM Midnite Movies" releases of "The Beast Within" and "Invaders From Mars" and they were only $9.96 a piece from DDDVD. Best Buy had them for $9.99 + Tax. I don't have to pay tax at DDDVD, and I don't mind waiting an extra couple of days for the disc's when I usually have to wait a week or more to find time to watch them anyway. ILOVEDEEPDISCOUNTDVD
Old 08-19-01, 11:30 AM

(Sorry, but I could not get the poll to work.) Also, I have used Webcertificates at DDDVD on 2 seperate occasions and never had a problem. I did Email them about Webcertificates, before hand, and they told me that they did not have the capability to accept them. Which is complete BS seeing as how a webcertificate is just a cc # and an expiration date. Sorry I can't help.
Old 08-21-01, 10:14 PM

I was wondering what the deal is with the different shipping methods they offer, if I make a huge order and have it shipped overnight will I only be charged $12.95 for it. How does this apply to out of stock itmes or pre orders.
Old 08-22-01, 05:50 PM

Simple solution to the slowness of the free shipping: Don't use it!

The trick is to pay the $3.95 for shipping, but place a huge order that spans many weeks. You will only be charged the $3.95 once, but all DVD's are shipped that way (Priority) when they are released...

I have done this with my last 5 preorders and ALL have arrived on the SATURDAY before street date!

In short, I am VERY impressed with DDD!
Old 08-22-01, 06:00 PM

Originally posted by packaok
Simple solution to the slowness of the free shipping: Don't use it!

The trick is to pay the $3.95 for shipping, but place a huge order that spans many weeks. You will only be charged the $3.95 once, but all DVD's are shipped that way (Priority) when they are released...

I have done this with my last 5 preorders and ALL have arrived on the SATURDAY before street date!

In short, I am VERY impressed with DDD!
really? it says on the website that the priority shipping will only apply to the first order.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.