Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVDEMPIRE=Bad

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-01, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVDEMPIRE=Bad

How long does it take for a DVD to be on "ON ORDER" to "IN STOCK" because on 7/31 i placed an order and when i placed it everything that i orderd: Sugar & Spice, American Pie UE, Avia were all in stock. Then when i was finished ordering American Pie UE was out of stock!!!! SO i wait until today and said screw it and cancled the american pie purchase because i saw it at costco for the same price. But then I noticed that Avia was now out of stock as well. I'm QUEEN of bad luck. Does anyone know how long it takes for DVD EMPIRE to get stock of a title again. Such as Avia? Thanks
Old 08-05-01, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered some DVDs that were out of stock and it took about a week to restock those titles. If you are in a rush to get the particular DVD mentioned you might consider getting it elsewhere, and cancel your order.
Old 08-06-01, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
Re: DVDEMPIRE=Bad

Originally posted by Karli
How long does it take for a DVD to be on "ON ORDER" to "IN STOCK" because on 7/31 i placed an order and when i placed it everything that i orderd: Sugar & Spice, American Pie UE, Avia were all in stock. Then when i was finished ordering American Pie UE was out of stock!!!! SO i wait until today and said screw it and cancled the american pie purchase because i saw it at costco for the same price. But then I noticed that Avia was now out of stock as well. I'm QUEEN of bad luck. Does anyone know how long it takes for DVD EMPIRE to get stock of a title again. Such as Avia? Thanks
I know what you mean. This happens to many.
Old 08-06-01, 11:56 AM

DVD EMPIRE WEB SITE STATUS

I just got an email from dvd empire saying my order was shipped well only Avia and Sugar & Spice because i'm getting AMerincan Pie at Costco. But I went to there site and they still haven't updated the Avia information page it still says ON ORDER but I just got mine in stock.. So they should have American Pie IN STOCK as well because it is a popular DVD.
Old 08-06-01, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Heh, I made my first DVDEmpire order on 2JUL...for Dark Star at $7.99. At the time it said On order, will ship when stock arrives.

Still waiting. No changes.

Old 08-06-01, 02:46 PM

If it's a old title it must be hard to get and that's the problem. More deman then availability. But when it does come in you will be one of the first to get it most likely.
Old 08-07-01, 10:36 PM

you might want to check your order on DARK STAR because I ordered it early July and my order says filled. I bet yours is too.

As far as DVD Empire being bad, I don't agree. They do go out of stock on some items, but they get them in within a week or so. I don't think thats too long to wait. Plus I think dark star was hard to find because I couldn't get it anywhere in town.

The final thing I have to say is I loved the fact I was able to cancel my Willy Wonka (another issue entirely) easily because of their prebook manager.

These days, no internet retailer is perfect, but I stand by these guys as my favorite., and please correct me if I'm wrong, but is it really fair to post a subject like DVD EMPIRE: BAD when they are really just guilty of not having an item in stock? That just seems a little bit harsh.
Old 08-07-01, 10:42 PM

It was just my opinoion at the time you are entiled to your opinion as well.
Old 08-08-01, 06:52 AM
Banned

same thing happened to me too when I Placed an order on

The Body then added Gran Turismo 3 and it was out of stock 5 days and everything was in stock actually they don't suck but their customers r flooding on placing orders
Old 08-09-01, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Its been like a year since i started ordering 95% of my dvd's froM DVD empire with no problems at all and ive ordered a lot. Only time something on mine was on order was when i preordered a farscape dvd late , but got it withen a week

capt
Old 08-09-01, 05:28 PM
Red

Sometimes I think DVDEmpire has terrible inventory control. I've encountered several instances where I would order a title that originally showed "In Stock" and have it turn into "On Order" after I place the order.

Just last week I received an order from DVDEmpire where one of the DVDs I ordered was missing. Apparently, they had an inventory count error where they were really out of the movie. But, since their computer printed the packing slip anyway because the computer thought the movie was "In Stock", they had to ship whatever was available.

The thing that really bugged me was that they charged me for the missing disk. And, if I hadn't e-mailed them about the problem, it would have gone unnoticed and unfixed! They did promptly issue me a credit for the missing disk after my e-mail, but not for the shipping charge that was also applied. So now I have to send more e-mail to get them to credit me the shipping.

And just four weeks ago, they shipped me the wrong movie.

Last edited by Red; 08-09-01 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-11-01, 05:00 PM

Originally posted by Red
since their computer printed the packing slip anyway because the computer thought the movie was "In Stock", they had to ship whatever was available.

The thing that really bugged me was that they charged me for the missing disk. And, if I hadn't e-mailed them about the problem, it would have gone unnoticed and unfixed! They did promptly issue me a credit for the missing disk after my e-mail
maybe you should just be happy that they did refund the money. In all my purchases online, dvdempire is one of the most responsive to problems. I have sent well over 5 emails, and numerous minutes on the phone with csr from amazon and (what used to be) express.... and i'm still waiting for my credit from express... maybe i'll hold my breath
Old 08-12-01, 10:48 AM

DVDEmpire=Ridiculous

I agreed,

My last order with them did not ship as I suspected for 2 days.
Called in and informed that CC address validation was not successful.
It was the same CC that used in 2 previous orders within 2 months.
Though, still received no communications from them til I called in.
Good, I bring & brought my business some where else.

Added them to a list of online vendors that would no longer receive any business from me.

:-)
VPhan
Old 08-12-01, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
I never have a problem with DVD Empire.If you order something and it turns out that it's not in stock,cancel the order and order it somewhere else.I order from them on a weekday and within an hour it's being shipped if it's in stock.Who else ships that fast?