Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

IS ANY of HK movies avaliable with English speach?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

IS ANY of HK movies avaliable with English speach?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-01, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if somebody know,please let me know. is any HK movies avaliable with English speach and not just with subtitles .
I want to buy same HK DVD probably J Chan etc.. so I was wondering may be there is beter deal that reading subtitles from DVD from dddhouse.com, may be those DVD avaliable with english speach

thanks

[Edited by Alexop on 07-03-01 at 04:40 PM]
Old 07-03-01, 07:56 PM

English dubs

Megastar features english dubs on some of their titles, unfortunately I couldn't tell you all of the titles that do, though Iron Monkey, Beast Cops, and Heroes Shed No Tears jump to mind. Taiseng also provides english dubs on some of their domestic releases (ie: their non-imported titles that they resell).
Old 07-03-01, 08:20 PM

If you can play Region 2 DVDs you should like the HKL DVDs. They've got lots of Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Jet Li, and more. Almost all of them have English dubs. Check out their site here: http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk . They make some of the best DVDs I own.
Old 07-06-01, 05:15 AM

English Language - YES!

Actually, there are several HK DVDs with English language audio tracks. Among them are:

Enter The Eagles [~90% English Audio]
Heroes Shed No Tears
Iron Monkey
Last Hurrah For Chivalry
Lunch With Charles
Magnificent Butcher
Mr. Vampire
The Story Of Ricky
Wheels On Meals [Uncut Version]
Who Am I?

You can see a list of all films with English Audio at HKFlix HERE.
Old 07-07-01, 12:15 AM

Tai Seng's version of The Heroic Trio has an English dialogue track, as does its new release, The Duel. Most Columbia TriStar releases of HK movies have at least a Cantonese and English dialogue track. Meltdown (formerly HIgh Risk) only has an English track. Some HK movies have very bad English dubbing. Gorgeous is a good example.
If Muldoon ever changes his mind and restarts his asiandvdguide.com website, you will all the infomation you need in one site. As previously posted, Hong Kong Legends produces the best versions of HK DVDs, but their DVDs are R2 and PAL.