International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Baby Cart

Old 06-25-01, 12:08 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know where to get the baby cart series (Lone Wolf and Cub) in R1 and with english subtitles? Pokerindustries has them but it is either R2 or chinese subtitles only. Any help is appreciated!
Old 06-25-01, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Okay, heres the final word. Animeigo has the rights to the series and did a great job releasing them on video a few years back, uncut, letterbox, with good subtitles, and informative liner notes. They are releasing the series on DVD, however the process has been slow going since DVD enhances any flaws in the source print, they have delayed the films several times because they are trying to get the cleanest and shaprest prints possible (not too easy since basically they made the films fast and cheap, six films in roughly three years). Last word was hopefully end of this year or begin-mid of 2002 is when we should see the first two films, with the others to follow later.

From what I've read, the HK release isnt that hot picturewise, so that sort of confirms Animeigos slow going getting a good US release together. Plus, the lack of Eng subs, completley nixes it for me anyway; I'll wait for Animeigo. In addition to Lone Wolf and Cub, they plan on releasing all of their Samurai Cinema titles, Zatoichi, The Razor, Lady Snowblood, and Sleepy Eyes of Death. At the rate they are going though, they'd better hurry before those rights expire.

I cant wait, some people cry out for the Godfather, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones, but I want Ogami Ito.

[Edited by iaido on 06-25-01 at 02:47 PM]
Old 06-25-01, 07:20 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the info, guess I'll file that under the top ten most wanted.
Old 06-26-01, 02:22 PM

"Lone Wolf..." and the other titles mentioned above are available (or on the way) in the UK on Region 2 PAL DVD. However the quality is pretty poor - watchable but only just. More info can be found at Artsmagic Samurai Page.