Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

OOP SOTL CC (stash) found - buy them?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

OOP SOTL CC (stash) found - buy them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-01, 11:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found a very small stash of Citerion Collection Silence of the Lambs. I know this is about to be re-released on a (possibly) 2-disc set with a boatload of extras but I also know there are lots of Criterion completists and apparently the commentaries on the CC might not make it to the new SE version. So, at $39.99, do you all think I should just pick these up?

-skipper
Old 06-14-01, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There have been literally hundreds of posts here on this. If you search you can read all kinds of opinions. Btw, these are still available from several online retailers and many, many B&Ms.
Old 06-14-01, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I don't see much resale value in these. The "completionists" you describe undoubtedly have their copy already. Anybody else who just wants to have the movie (such as myself) would rather just wait for the new version. Not only will it be half the price of the Criterion, but it sounds like the transfer will be even better (anamorphic, for one), and a bunch of new extras. If the commentary doesn't make it to the new disc, oh well.
Old 06-14-01, 10:09 AM
Banned

Originally posted by reverb
There have been literally hundreds of posts here on this. If you search you can read all kinds of opinions.
i did search for "silence lambs" and really didn't find much. perhaps those threads you are thinking of dropped off the end for being old?

Originally posted by reverb
Btw, these are still available from several online retailers and many, many B&Ms.
oh, i didn't know that. very few b&m stores near me have it so i figured it was pretty scarce. thanks.

-skipper
Old 06-14-01, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by skipperdee
oh, i didn't know that. very few b&m stores near me have it so i figured it was pretty scarce. thanks.
Of course there are no doubt many areas where they are harder to find. They are apparently still in the distribution channels as I see them reappearing regularly at several Borders and Best Buy stores.

If the forum still displayed the location of the poster it would be helpful.