Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

BestBuy.com request for feedback

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

BestBuy.com request for feedback

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-01, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On June 12, BestBuy.com will observe the one-year anniversary of its re-launch. We want to continue getting better. Tell us what you think. Whether your feedback concerns prices, merchandising, product availability, site navigation and function, store pick-up, customer service or anything else, we want to know what we can do to better serve you.

Thank you,
BestBuy.com
Old 06-06-01, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bestbuy.com started off really bad...promised us all gift certificates that took months (>8 iirc) to come. But once I got them it was okay. Your site usually has a lot of graphics which sucks on a slow connection. I tried to order some cdrs when they were on sale but couldnt because the site was too slow and the csr wasn't much help. They said they place orders thru the same system we do so he couldnt do any better. Haven't had much other experience with them cuz the prices don't seem to beat the store prices.
Old 06-06-01, 11:55 AM

Had good experiences, good prices. Would like to see more promotional coupons, even if it's just $5 off, to occasionally cancel out the service charge and the tax I get charged since there's one in my state, albeit about 2 hours away...
Old 06-06-01, 12:17 PM

Overall, I've had good experiences, however the search engine on the site is pretty poor. It's quite slow and does a poor job matching items it should find.

Greg
Old 06-06-01, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have a sale put the sale price ON THE ITEM. I don't know who thought up this "put the item in your cart to see our sale price" scam - but they should be shot. This is easily the worst "feature" I have ever seen on any site. I have a 56k connection. The Best Buy site is usually very slow. Do you really believe I want to load two or three extra pages just to see the sale price? I quit visiting the Best Buy site because of this "feature".
Old 06-06-01, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i gotta agree with Easy, that is a terrible "feature"
Old 06-06-01, 03:35 PM

Also for in store pickup, do something to improve the system! I ordered Sum 41's All Killer, No Filler album online for instore pickup, and 2 days later I get an email saying it is not available in store, but I go to the store a little later in the day and there are a whole bunch of the CDs there. I do like the fact that you do ship for free though if in store pickup is selected, but not available. And like someone else said in a previous post, why not make a less graphics intensive site for dial-up users? All in all I really like Best Buy, you can see so from this post http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=114240 That price match thing you do is the best!
Old 06-06-01, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Easy
If you have a sale put the sale price ON THE ITEM. I don't know who thought up this "put the item in your cart to see our sale price" scam - but they should be shot. This is easily the worst "feature" I have ever seen on any site. I have a 56k connection. The Best Buy site is usually very slow. Do you really believe I want to load two or three extra pages just to see the sale price? I quit visiting the Best Buy site because of this "feature".
agreed
Old 06-15-01, 07:35 PM

Please carry DVD-Audio and surround sound music titles in the future. This is becoming a bigger and bigger piece of the music market and I believe that some stores are already carrying a few titles, but I would to see the website and more stores carry them..

My Site: A Guide To Current DVD
Old 06-15-01, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by Easy
Add another me too to this comment. It's a pain to have to add the item to the cart, then look in the cart to see what your sale price is. Please just post it up front.
Old 06-17-01, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You guys are lucky you got your $20 gift cert from last year. I never got mine and no one responded to my e-mails for months. Oh well life goes on

I agree that putting a item in the cart to see the sale price neeeds to be fixed.

Capt
Old 06-17-01, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This must be a Best Buy employee. No response in 12 days.

Old 06-17-01, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've got to agree that the non posted price untill someone puts the item in their cart is a waste of the consumers time. As soon as i see something like that i tend to go to another store that has it's prices up front. Same reason i don't shop at J&R musicworld anymore, they do the exact same marketing ploy.
Old 06-17-01, 06:57 PM

This must be a Best Buy employee. No response in 12 days.
Yep, this pretty well sums up one of the problems doesn't it?
Old 06-22-01, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
Figure out a way to accept gift cards online. It's cool that I can order something online with an AMEX and return it to the B&M and get all my shipping charges refunded and the payment switched over to the gift card, but it's a pain nevertheless.

Rex
Old 06-22-01, 02:54 PM

Best Buy response to initial feedback

Thank you for your responses. We chose to wait until a reasonable number of individuals had the opportunity to respond before we posted any replies. The following should address some of your initial feedback:

 Pricing part I: We’d like to explain the reasoning for the “see our price” function. As many of you may know, MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) is a standard price set by the studios on a title by title basis. When a retailer chooses to overtly advertise a price that falls below that title’s MAP, they may not be eligible to receive studio funding for advertising. Some studios define simply displaying a price online as advertising. Since what we do online can have an effect on our B&M stores, we have chosen to follow MAP policies to the best of our ability.
 Pricing part II: It is our intent to deliver a consistent experience for our customers both online and in stores. Common pricing is an integral element in maintaining that experience. The good news is that when our B&M stores advertise blazing hot deals, those offers will, in most cases, be available to you online as well – even if you had pre-ordered at a higher price.
 Pricing part III: From time to time, we make the decision to diverge on price as in the case of our recent $8.99 catalog promotion and our recent sale on Collector Sets. You can likely expect more of those events to occur in the future.
 Load times: We do understand the importance of this issue. Currently, our total rendered file size or “byte count” (html, images and rich media as delivered to the customer) does exceed our targets. Our development team is actively working to improve upon this. We are confident that soon we will be able to strike the right balance between offering quick load times and providing the best in site features and functionality.
 Digital coupons: We will continue to offer promotional coupons on occasion. The best advice I can give customers is to opt-in to requests from BestBuy.com to receive promotional offers via email. We tap into those databases when we extend these kinds of offers. Here’s the link to that page: http://www.bestbuy.com/HomePage/comingSoon.asp

Again, we thank you for your feedback. That feedback is helping us to better serve your needs. As time allows, we will continue to read and respond to your postings.

Sincerely,
BestBuy.com