Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

HK Flix

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-01, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am planning to spend a fair bit at HK Flix - has anyone shop there before? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Peter
Old 05-24-01, 12:44 AM

Buying movies at HK Flix

I guess my first reaction is "why?"

I have nothing against HKFlix, as I haven't used them, but if you're planning on spending a lot there, you are much better off importing directly from HK yourself. http://www.dddhouse.com is a very reliable site. You will definitely save a lot of money if you're going to get a bunch of movies. I just ordered 7 more DVDs from them, and including shipping it worked out to be about $56 (after converting it from HK dollars).

If you need to stay with domestic (U.S.) sites, I've also used pokerindustries.com and asiafilm.com and have been happy with both of them.
Old 05-24-01, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I 2nd dddhouse.com It's always cheaper to buy them directly from HK yourself, and that's the best site, cheapest all around and best service too. Movies you get there that cost $8 after currency exchange will cost as much as $30-40 at a US retailer specializing in imports.
Old 05-25-01, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the only reasons to buy from a domestic place such as HKFlix is if you want to buy domestic releases of HK movies, which there are only a handful. I've suggested this before, but the two suggestions I can offer is to 1) do a search on the word 'DDDHouse' in the Bargains section of DVDTalk, and 2) get to know The Asian DVD Guide in order to get more tech specs on what you are buying. The site is at http://www.asiandvdguide.com.

Old 05-28-01, 09:34 PM

i won a couple of dvd auctions on ebay from HK Flix. they shipped fast, no problems.
Old 05-31-01, 05:02 PM

I ordered Jackie Chan's Police Story from dddhouse.com on a recommendation from this board. HK Flix had it, but was 34.99. With shipping from dddhouse, it came to 206 HK Dollars, a little over 26 bucks! Plus, it only took 5 days to get from Hong Kong to California. I'm a confirmed dddhouse fan!!!!!