Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Nasty Clerks

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-01, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to the highway robbery store Suncoast to seeif they hd Big Trouble in Little China, they didn't but when I asked the clerk she got nasty with me...it went something like this:

Me: Hey, did BTILCcome ou on DVD?
Clerk: Yeah but were sold out
Me: Really!?..****...oh well
Clerk: *sigh* you know how we preorder things, well in a small store like this. Well not small store in size, but small in how we don't do a lot of buisness when we say pre order (in a snotty tone only girls and gay guy have) you really should...ok!
Me: uh huh

I was what was that?!? I'm always in here buying DVDs and you just said how this store doesn't do good business so why be a total bitch, with your "Oh I'm in Jersey and work in a video store, so Randal from clerks is how I should act" attudue driving business away to say the Wiz where I did get BTILC for like 10 bean cheaper and Yojimbo again for 10 Beans cheaper and Grave of the Fire Flies for 1/2 what suncoast was selling it.
Old 05-23-01, 09:49 PM

My only question is why in the world are you buying movies at SunCoast?? Do you enjoy paying the MSRP??
Old 05-23-01, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
which is why SunCoast is my LAST resort when it comes to looking for movies
Old 05-23-01, 09:53 PM

I only go cause it's close to my job and I can get there and back at lunch. Yeah they're super expensive. F it now, One time in Conneticut a Suncast Clerk kept my CC when I went ack for it thy acted dumb.
Old 05-26-01, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by c76x
One time in Conneticut a Suncast Clerk kept my CC when I went ack for it thy acted dumb.
Heh, was it the one in Crystal Mall in Waterford? I used to work there
Old 05-26-01, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I go into Suncoast everytime I go to the mall because they have such a good selection. However, I've yet to ever buy anything there.
Old 05-26-01, 11:20 AM

Stay away from suncoasts in CT, they are eeeeevil.
Old 05-26-01, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Suncoast is aimed at consumers who don't realize you can find dvds cheaper almost anywhere. Same way that record stores in the mall sell new cds for 20$. Complaining about the service is superfluous.
Old 05-26-01, 12:35 PM

As a last resort I had to go to Suncoast to get Big Trouble In Little China and to my surprise it only cost me 20.99. Most of the time they are so exspensive that I start laughing when I browse the isles. Everything is the MSRP price or more. Funny you should mention the presale thing because as I was buying BTILC the clerk tried to get me to buy a presale for Traffic and Crouching Tiger. Yeah right...
Old 05-26-01, 02:35 PM

I'm a clerk just like the villain of the piece, but I've been doing it for years. Sounds like he really hasn't figured it out yet. The secret to pissin' people off is to first make sure you work in the one place that sells DVD's cheaper than anyone else for miles around.
Then you can use artistic license and become a regular feature that people will actually enjoy being driven crazy by.
Old 05-26-01, 03:38 PM

"only cost my 20.99"? I consider that an awfully high price. And as for expecting good service, for what they charge Suncoast should employ people with master's degrees in film history.
Old 05-26-01, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by dfriend
"only cost my 20.99"? I consider that an awfully high price. And as for expecting good service, for what they charge Suncoast should employ people with master's degrees in film history.
Not really, Best Buy had it at 19.99...
Old 05-26-01, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
No kidding I picked it up at Sam Goody same company as Suncoast which is owned by Best Buy. A dollar is not worth driving out of your way to save.
Old 05-26-01, 07:54 PM

I admit 20.99 isn't the best price ever, but it was the best I could find around town. I did go to Best Buy first for the movie but they had already been cleaned out by early afternoon(On Tues. When it came out). And for some reason Best Buy had only one small section marked for it and looked as though they only recieved a few copies. Come to think of it I think this is the first movie I have ever bought from Suncoast and I will only do so again if I'm desperate and they have a DECENT price.(Like 20.99)
Old 05-26-01, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Am I the only person that had trouble understanding the first post?
Old 05-27-01, 05:10 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Thunderball
which is why SunCoast is my LAST resort when it comes to looking for movies
Last resort? I would rather f*****g wait for other stores to restock than buy anything at $uncoast.
Old 05-28-01, 08:14 AM

Suncoast Morgue

I have never had a single positive shopping experience at a Suncoast. All of their merchandise is at MSRP or higher. The last time I bought two marked down DVDs on sale, only to find out later, that both had their MSRPs reduced, and that I overpaid for them! I now refuse to enter their mall stores, unless I am in a mood to get f***ed! In my mall, the Suncoast is like a morgue with more clerks and pissed-off manager than customers. Screw these vampires!
Old 06-01-01, 12:52 PM

A few months back, Best Buy actually bought Musicland Group stores which includes Suncoast, Sam Goody and Media Play among others.

I had suspected that Best Buy might change the pricing structure of all of the above stores to be more competetitive with Best Buy, but it has not happened yet.

Anyone who works with Best Buy know what's going to happen with their new acquisitions?
Old 06-01-01, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by MrBEAViS
Am I the only person that had trouble understanding the first post?
No, you're not the only one.
Old 06-02-01, 02:04 PM

c76x,

Wow, you managed to get in a dig at women, gays, and people from New Jersey all in a single post. Kudos! [/sarcasm]

You call it "the highway robbery store", yet you say you're "always in here buying DVDs." I'm not exactly overflowing with sympathy for you (or anyone who shops at Suncoast, for that matter).
Old 06-02-01, 07:04 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Thunderball
Originally posted by dfriend
Not really, Best Buy had it at 19.99...
I remember it was like $13.88 at Fry's. But that place has the worst customer service in terms of making you wait in line twice (paying and exiting).
Old 06-19-01, 10:07 PM

After reading this thread, I had to visit Suncoast!

Went to the mall for some other stuff and made a point to visit them. I was the only customer in the store and everything I looked at was at MSRP. The clerk was just standing there behind the register gazing into outer space.

You would think the clerk would put on a smile and ask me if I needed any help. Is that too much to ask for when they are charging MSRP for most of there stuff?