Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

best dvd picture&sound and best tv picture

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

best dvd picture&sound and best tv picture

Old 05-20-01, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best dvd player-best hdtv set!

hello fellow dvdrs: i purchased my hdtv and dvd player at the same time in march of this year. if you know me, i checked out everything on the market, that was in the top of my price range. plasmas were out of sight price wise. after reading components, tech manuals, i decided on the one hdtv model that wont be obsolete in 5 years. the iqb64w10w zenith set with 9 inch crts(cathode ray tubes ) 29 jack inputs. flat screen with protector great stereo sound and it comes on casters. weighing in at about 400lbs. my 9 year old grandson can move it. it blew away the pioneer 710 and the 65 inch sony xbr. the main reason? 9 inch crts. the only other set that has them is the phillips new model. the dvd player is also a zenith 2200 series, moderatly priced. i will probably be paying for it, for the next year and a half, but my family and i are enjoying every minute of it. dvds are as if your at the movies. the sharpest being the astranauts wife with johnny depp put out by new line. it seemed almost 3 dimentional. one thing though, you have to have at least a 18 ft room, which i have in my florida room down here in florida. the zenith 64w is not cheap, but it is well worth the extra money to have something that will still be in vogue 5 years from now.at 60 years old and disabled tomorrow is today! with respect(sasheegm) joe rinando of florida.