Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Switchouse "Guarantee"

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Switchouse "Guarantee"

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-01, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone else had trouble with getting these guys to HONOR their "guarantee" (they will re-imburse you if you get ripped off by someone provided you are verified and you traded with someone with "positive" feedback.)

I submitted a claim in early March and keep getting the run-around.
Old 05-01-01, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was able to get refunded twice when I was still part of the program. They didn't hassle me at all. I'm not sure I agreed with the amount they sent me, but it was better than nothing.

I have left because I grew tired of the rude people who swapped there.
Old 05-01-01, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Switchouse's guarantee is a joke. I got ripped off by two different people on Dreamcast game trades. It took over two months to get them to honor the guarantee and they gave me $24 total for Marvel VS Capcom 2 and Quake III Arena. This was a couple of months ago when both games were selling for $40 each. I couldn't even replace one game with what they gave me. I stopped using their site because of all the scam artists using multiple accounts and fake feedback.
Old 05-01-01, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well, I finally got through to them today and they said they sent me a refund 2 weeks ago via PayPal, which of course, never really made it there.

In addition, as you guys hinted, I only received $10 back for my Hollow Man: SE DVD that retails for $24.95.

As far as the site itself, I actually rather like it - I just learned the hard way that you have to be very careful and only trade with people having very good (and multiple)feedback.