Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone order from EzyDVD?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Anyone order from EzyDVD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-01, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wondering, before I make a first purchase from them.
Old 04-29-01, 12:05 AM

I've placed 3 or 4 orders with them (one of which was a preorder), with no problems whatsoever. The preorder even arrived closer to the actual release date than most of my amazon.com orders.?!

One tip I have from shopping there - If you don't live in region 4, let them know that you're aware that you're ordering dvds from that region on the 'comments' section of the order form. If you don't, they will follow up after you order to confirm that this is ok, and will wait to ship your order until you reply.
Old 04-29-01, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with Spungeeman. They are quite good. I ordered
Region 4 Terminator SE when it was released and they sent be a friendly email asking me if I knew that I was ordering an
R4 PAL disc, which though unnecessary, was nice of them to do. Discs get to the U.S. so much faster than they do from chaosmusic that EZYDVD has all my region 4 business.
In fact I was sure that Australia relocated to Nebraska, USA
as that would appear, on first glance, to be the only logical explanation as to why the discs arrive so d*mn quick! Right now the exchange rate is also good.
Approx 2 to 1 Aus to U.S $$$
Old 04-29-01, 03:25 AM

The only thing I've ever ordered from them was a DTS cinema plaque, but I got it cheap and it arrived _fast_, within a week (Netherlands), which is faster than other e-tailers I've used.

Prutser.
Old 04-29-01, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also had a good experience. Try them out.
Old 04-29-01, 10:24 AM

I also highly recommend them. They have some of the best customer service around. I've placed several orders with them recently and they always arrive within a week. They deserve a big !!!
Old 04-29-01, 11:51 AM

My favourite Oz retailer. They even stuff a small piece of bubble wrap in single disk cases ( at least those going to the UK ) to prevent the disk coming off the hub.
Old 04-29-01, 05:29 PM

Originally posted by Peter.R
My favourite Oz retailer. They even stuff a small piece of bubble wrap in single disk cases ( at least those going to the UK ) to prevent the disk coming off the hub.
Oh yes, forgot to mention that...they do this for discs sent to the US as well. It's a nice touch, and none of my discs from them have ever arrived 'loose'.
Old 04-30-01, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Definitely good retailers. Snatch 2 disc set for around $16 (with the exchange rate), Buffy season 2 for around $75.

Gotta be happy with that.
Old 05-02-01, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I order from them all the time and haven't had any issues to date.
Old 05-02-01, 02:50 AM
tcw
Cool New Member

Excellent service, they will ship instock titles out within the same day. Highly recommended and one of the best etailers I have ever come across.
Old 05-03-01, 05:50 AM

They have the almost the cheapest prices anywherer (for internationl customers). The delivery is quick (much quicker then the higher priced Amazon). No problem what so ever. Highly recommended.
Old 05-04-01, 06:52 PM

They are one of the biggest R4 companies but what more people should be aware of is that the Australian dollar is currently ridiculously undervalued. It's only a little bit above an all time low and I think 30% below what it was a year ago.

Check out:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/cgi-bin/esh...d&page=promo15

There are some great bargains if you look for them. Eg. Lawrence of Arabia RETAILS for $39.95 in both countries, which makes the Aussie version half the US price, before shipping of course. Both verions are nearly identical, see: http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Reviews...eOfArabia.html for some detailed discussion.

Friends discs at US$13.50 each is also as cheap as you are going to be able to find anywhere.

And no I don't work for ezydvd. Check out http://www.dvdplaza.com.au/ if you're interested in finding out about all the australian vendors.
Old 05-04-01, 11:51 PM

Originally posted by naughty jonny
Buffy season 2 for around $75.

Gotta be happy with that.
Yeah I just received the first season DVD set from them for only $43.90 shipped! I plan on ordering season two soon.
Old 05-05-01, 05:57 PM

Well, I went ahead and ordered T1 on Monday, and it arrived today (Saturday). As fast as something UPS'ed from the east coast.
Old 05-07-01, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you're after really cheap DVDs and have a region modified player, then EzyDVD (and Australia in general) is by far the best option. Dirt cheap DVDs with the exchange rate, and also EzyDVD are pretty good to deal with.

Buy R4 - you won't regret it...and your bank balance will thank you for it . Seriously though, you do need a region modified player, but if you look at the UK (reg 2) versus region 4, region 4 *is* by far cheaper for 95% of items.

Cheers,
Jon.