Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Blockbuster B&M really really suck....

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Blockbuster B&M really really suck....

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-01, 06:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I habe more DVD in my collections than what they have on sale.
Old 04-28-01, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Awww, he changed what he said....

...to something even worse. How many DVDs do you have? You could have 2000, would they still be bad? Besides, Blockbuster is not a B&M, they are a RENTAL store.
Old 04-28-01, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by MrBEAViS

...to something even worse. How many DVDs do you have? You could have 2000, would they still be bad? Besides, Blockbuster is not a B&M, they are a RENTAL store.

I don't understand why you waste time posting here if you don't like the fact that BlockBuster sucks? Yes, they are bad and yes if they had 2000 titles they would still be bad.

And last time I checked, they do SELL DVDs.
Old 04-28-01, 12:33 PM

Yeah, Blockbuster has DVD's but why would you buy there? They are priced at retail. People come to buy DVD's there and I send them across the street to Best Buy. I hate to see people get ripped off.
Old 04-28-01, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by dablueguy
Originally posted by MrBEAViS

I don't understand why you waste time posting here if you don't like the fact that BlockBuster sucks? Yes, they are bad and yes if they had 2000 titles they would still be bad.

And last time I checked, they do SELL DVDs.
I agree that Blockbuster does suck. But the reasons he gave were terrible. He says that Blockbuster doesn't even has his DVD amount. I know it was intended as a clever way of saying it, but it is not a complaint. If he had 10 DVDs, it would be. If he had 2000 DVDs, it would not. He doesn't specify. Then, in the title, he calls it a B&M, and later complains about the DVDs they are SELLLING, not the ones they are renting. He calls them a B&M, as if they should be selling as many DVDs as Best Buy or something. They are a rental service, and they sell a few of the more popular titles on the side. I totally agree that Blockbuster sucks, but for different reasons.

Why are you wasting your time complaining to me?
Old 04-29-01, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just didn't have anything better to do.
Old 04-29-01, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Hippie
Yeah, Blockbuster has DVD's but why would you buy there? They are priced at retail. People come to buy DVD's there and I send them across the street to Best Buy. I hate to see people get ripped off.
actually, you can find good deals there if you look hard enough... I picked up the Clerks Animated DVD there for about $20 (new, not previously viewed)

you can rip blockbuster for a lot of things, but there are a few good deals there
Old 04-29-01, 02:39 AM

I agree with applejack. I live in Canada and i think the Blockbuster B&M does have some good deals. I picked up Office Space for 19.99 CAN when i couldnt find it ANYWHERE for less then 29.99.
Old 04-30-01, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by Applejack
Originally posted by Hippie
actually, you can find good deals there if you look hard enough... I picked up the Clerks Animated DVD there for about $20 (new, not previously viewed)

you can rip blockbuster for a lot of things, but there are a few good deals there
We didn't offer that DVD at my store, and the price in the computer is considerably higher, but that was the price offered at Best Buy. It seems that our new DVD's are always overpriced or at retail, but some stores may misprice things. If you frequent one of those stores, I envy you.