Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Chris Issak Show: A whole lotta fun ...

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Chris Issak Show: A whole lotta fun ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-01, 12:44 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I too have caught a couple episodes of this show. I thought it was pretty funny. I never really listened to his music, but am pleasantly surprised at his acting capabilities. I thought the funnier episode was when they were shooting a music video. They had hired a well-known video director who turned out to be some little kid. It was funny stuff.
Old 04-17-01, 01:08 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've caught three episodes of The Chris Issak Show on Showtime and I have to say I highly recommend it. I'm not particularly a fan of his music, but the show itself is quirky and cool. Sometimes it feels a little like Seinfeld or It's Gary Shandling's Show. My favorite so far has been the episode where his stalker goes missing.

If you haven't watched, give it a chance, you'll likely be pleasantly surprised. I was.
Old 04-17-01, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i am a fan of his music...and his humor. i don't get showtime, but am dying to catch an episode.

good 'ol internet....hehe...

cranky.
Old 04-18-01, 05:28 PM

Great show. What's the deal with Mona, the naked woman on the rotating bed? I missed the first couple of episodes--is there some explanation of what exactly her role is?
Old 04-18-01, 05:52 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally posted by Michael D
Great show. What's the deal with Mona, the naked woman on the rotating bed? I missed the first couple of episodes--is there some explanation of what exactly her role is?
I missed the first few episodes also. I think she's his conscience. They usually zoom into the fish tank and go through this winding MST3K/Get Smart type passage before getting to her on the lazy susan. This week she actually SAT UP. Yowzers.