Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

This $%#! site keeps crashing my Netscape

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

This $%#! site keeps crashing my Netscape

Old 04-16-01, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Hey, I love it here, but ever since those "ad bars" were put at the top of the forum pages I keep having the site crash my Netscape program. I know it's this site only because I never have problems anywhere else – I'm on an iMac with Netscape 4.6. The problem is happening at both my home and work iMacs (not that I surf here on my WORK imac ) Anyone else having this problem or am i the only one? The crashes don't happen ALL the time but too often lately, it's making me not want to come to this site until the problem is hashed out. Anyone?? Thanks!
Old 04-16-01, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/
Old 04-16-01, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Matthew
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/
What he said.
Old 04-16-01, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Internet Explorer nuf said
Old 04-16-01, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I refuse to patronize anything from the Antichrist Bill Gates, sorry!
Old 04-16-01, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ditto^4.

I want to use Netscape, or Opera, or anything else... I <i>really, really do</i>... but IE is more stable. Whether that's because the Netscape development team can't code a stable product or the Windows standards change so frequently it undermines Netscape's development, I'll leave for you to decide. (Hint: I tend toward the latter.)

- David Stein
Old 04-17-01, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts
Well, it works all right with Netscape on my Mac. However, I would suggest downloading and installing the latest (non-6) Netscape, which is 4.7.7. I've found that sometimes the Netscape application can become corrupting, so installing an new app is necessary.
Old 04-17-01, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This new ad server is a joke!!!!!!

Here we go again.......
Old 04-17-01, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
I refuse to patronize anything from the Antichrist Bill Gates, sorry!
You are so ignorant.

Bill Gates have given millions of his money for researcher to help out millions of people in the United States. Bill Gates is not a bad man like people think all because he is a smart individual, who we all benefit from. Have you meet him to insult him in this ignorant way?

Seriously, he has a good heart and when he passes away, like he said, all that money he made goes back to the people and not the government.
Old 04-17-01, 08:44 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by sfsdfd
Ditto^4.

I want to use Netscape, or Opera, or anything else... I <i>really, really do</i>... but IE is more stable. Whether that's because the Netscape development team can't code a stable product or the Windows standards change so frequently it undermines Netscape's development, I'll leave for you to decide. (Hint: I tend toward the latter.)

- David Stein
I don't know if you realize it, but these problems aren't really a Netscape issue. The problem is with the ad server not responding correctly. IE acts differently and will allow you to "work around" the problem, which helps. But, what really needs to be done isn't having people change to IE, it's fixing the ad server.
Old 04-17-01, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sonic
You are so ignorant.

Bill Gates have given millions of his money for researcher to help out millions of people in the United States. Bill Gates is not a bad man like people think all because he is a smart individual, who we all benefit from. Have you meet him to insult him in this ignorant way?
Well, it was meant as a joke but in hindsight I suppose it wouldn't necessarily read this way. Got nothing against Mr. gates personaly but I can't stand Microsoft and PC platforms. I am a 100% Mac devotee and will be until I die, and I've tried IE but frankly find Netscape a LOT easier to use (except for Netscape 6 in which they attempted to become IE and created one crappy program). Diffr'nt strokes for diffr'nt folks. Anyway I was not ASKING for different programs to use, I want to have this site work on the program I already use. Surely I can't be the only Netscape user here?
Old 04-17-01, 02:43 PM
sck

I have the same problem at home with Netscape Navigator 4.7. I'll come to the forums, and everything will freeze as it is loading the ads up. Sometimes only the links will stop working, or I’ll just exit the site and everything will be fine.

I use IE here at work, and I'll switch to IE at home when visiting the site. Often with IE I will see error messages where the ads should be.

Regardless of what causes the problem, it is annoying to have this happen.

It seems lately that if it's not ads that feeze your browser or slow a site down, it's popup ads that keep coming up. I guess this is just a sign of the times.

[Edited by sck on 04-17-01 at 12:45 PM]