Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Anime Film: A Silent Voice

Old 04-09-19, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anime Film: A Silent Voice

I think this is the best animated film ever, I watched it about 4+ times in the past week and i'm not sick of it yet. I highly recommend getting the manga, a lot is explained whats going on in the film.

Synopsis
: A deaf elementary school girl named Shoko Nishimiya transfers to a new school and meets a boy named Shoya Ishida. Shoya leads the school in bullying Shoko over her disability until she transfers to another school. Immediately, the class bully Shoya for having bullied Shoko. Shoya loses contact with Shoko, and for years he suffers the consequences of his guilt. Upon entering high school, Shoya finally decides he must find Shoko, determined to make amends for what he did in elementary school and to become Shoko's friend. Along the way, he meets new and old faces, and struggles with many complicated relationships and feelings.

A Silent Voice Blu-Ray/DVD

A Silent Voice Manga Box Set

A Silent Voice Limited Edition Blu-Ray Release Date: Nov 26 2019 ~ Only available at Rightstuf

Last edited by chrisc31; 04-14-19 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-09-19, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Anime Film: A Silent Voice

For Limited Time get A Silent Voice Pin only at Rightstuf

Celebrate Kodansha's 10th Anniversary Of Publishing In The U.S.!
While Supplies Last ~ Purchase any of these titles from Yoshitoki Oima & receive an exclusive pin!

https://www.rightstufanime.com/searc...haAnniversary4
Old 04-09-19, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Have heard nothing but gushing praise for this one. Grabbed the Blu-Ray from Wal-Mart, the in-store price was $16, YMMV.

Last edited by Maxflier; 04-10-19 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-11-19, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought I would write a real review.

This is the best animated film I have seen, right after I finished the film I rewatched it. I have an extensive list of animated films I bought from Shout Factory, GKids, Studio Ghibli, Funimation and others, some of the films I really did enjoy watching but this film feels like it belongs in its own category. The characters in the film are very realistic who learn the consequences of their selfish actions when they were kids. The dubbed voice for Shoko, is voiced by a deaf voice actress who nailed the part perfectly. I never watched the Japanese dub yet so I can’t compare.

Not many animated films lasts over 2 hours but it feels so short for this film. I watched this film with my 6 year old niece who really liked it. For anyone that likes the film I highly recommend reading the manga after, so much stuff what is going on in the film would be missed. I watched the movie about 4 times so far and every time I notice something new in the background.

I also wanted to say this is my first real review I made for a film and I don't ever read reviews. I always thought a movie ether looks good or it doesn’t, and everyone has different tastes in what they like but “A Silent Voice” would be the top movie I would recommend for most people that like animated films.
Old 04-12-19, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked it well enough, but never felt the desire to re-watch it. I probably likely won't.
Old 05-12-19, 12:04 PM

Sounds good but can you recommend a good romantic one? I am planning to watch on next weekend.
Old 05-12-19, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MeridithHartt View Post
Sounds good but can you recommend a good romantic one? I am planning to watch on next weekend.
Spice and Wolf. It's a tragedy we'll never get a third season of the beloved show.