Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Frieren Blu-rays/DVDs in other countries?

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-24, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
I've asked on different forums, and I have not received any answers and I wish to have some. So I wish to purchase Frieren on Blu-ray. It'll be my first anime I'll purchase ever. I know it's in Japan. Some of the volumes are anyway. I was just wondering when new anime gets released in other countries.
This is because I don't know if the Japanese version has English subtitles or dubbed and I'm not fluent in Japanese unfortunately, so it'd be a waste of money.
I appreciate the helpful replies!
Old 03-24-24, 10:42 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 528 Likes on 465 Posts
Re: Frieren Blu-rays/DVDs in other countries?

Crunchyroll has rights to the series. Series also just finished its simulcast https://www.crunchyroll.com/frieren-beyond-journeys-end. When it comes Blu-ray, it's Crunchyroll or no one else. It's also one of the highest rated series in recent years, so I think there is a good chance Crunchyroll will release it on Blu-ray.
Old 03-24-24, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

The good news is Madhouse created it and Crunchyroll licensed it here in the United States. That usually means an American Blu-ray release down the line but may not come out until late 2024/early 2025 here if I had to guess.
Old 03-25-24, 04:26 PM

All newer anime have a Blu-ray release and it's already available in Japan. And yeah it's very popular and highly rated (as it should in my opinion), and I do know that it finished airing in Japan and Crunchyroll. It finished last Friday. I just want to buy the Blu-rays or DVDs when it comes available.
Old 03-25-24, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The good news is Madhouse created it and Crunchyroll licensed it here in the United States. That usually means an American Blu-ray release down the line but may not come out until late 2024/early 2025 here if I had to guess.
True. Crunchyroll licensed it here in the UK as well. I really hope it's late 2024. Christmas and everything you know? But we'll have to wait and see!
Old 04-07-24, 10:05 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 528 Likes on 465 Posts

It will be released on home video in Germany via Crunchyroll. It's planned for winter release.

https://crunchyroll-shop.de/news/art...-vor-der-reise