Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Looking for name of weird 70's/80's Japanese or HK film

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-18, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the name of a movie title for a very weird and goofy fantasy/comedy that I believe is from Japan. I also think it is based off a Japanese manga or comic, as the copy I was given had an advertisement for an animated version of the story.

I did not understand the plot fully, but the intro involved a man dressed in a blue costume that looked like a blue chicken with 4 legs (he also will appear with huge teeth), and he was standing up on top of a building making noises. There is a red sun that is smiling as well. The film then movies to a young boy and girl, and their strange adventures, mostly involving the boy. In one scene, he accidentally strangles himself with a rope that is tied to a ferris wheel, but the bird man rescues him. In another, he bites down on a woman's breast (which is clearly a balloon) and the woman starts making funny faces (this happens near the end as well). Other strange things happen such as dolls turning into humans and the boy and girl being taken to a restaurant or building with topless ladies. At the end, the bird man is seen kicking and tearing the ending credits.

Does this at all sound familiar? It seemed to be from the 70's or 80's, and kind of a fantasy/comedy with some light pinku elements to it. The tone of the film is extremely wacky and would almost seem like a children's film if not for the bursts of nudity. The film seems to run around 84 minutes. It has been driving me crazy trying to figure out what the title is, or who stars in it. I have even spent hours searching online with no results. I am pretty sure this was on dvd as the copy i was given shows a menu screen. I do have some screenshots, which i can attach.

Anyways, any help would be beyond amazing and thank you for taking the time to even read this!

Cheers!

Last edited by shanethemain; 08-06-18 at 04:30 PM. Reason: spacing