Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Persona 4

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-13, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Persona 4

Synopsis: When Yu Narukami moves to the country town of Inaba to stay with his uncle and cousin, he's expecting a lot more peace and quiet than he's used to in the big city. What he isn't expecting is for his uncle's job as a police detective to spill over into his own life, or for the murders that are occurring across town to be somehow linked to Yu's own strange experiences, odd local weather patterns, and a mysterious TV show world that seems to be attempting to get Yu to enter it!

Now, together with a new group of friends, Yu must plunge into a bizarre alternate reality where he gains unique abilities that will either help him solve the riddle of the mystery killer... or lead him to his doom.

Persona 4 Blu-ray Collection 1 (D)

Persona 4 DVD Collection 1 (Hyb)

Via Rightstuf:

Contains episodes: 1-12.

Blu-ray Special Features: Director's Cut Episode 1, Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation.
Dvd Special Features: Director's Cut Episode 1, Japanese Commentaries, Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation.

Blu-ray Spoken Languages: English.
Dvd Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

Synopsis:The mystery of the murders seems to have been solved, but the riddle of the Velvet Room and the lethal Midnight Channel is an enigma that Yu and the other students who form the Investigation Team have yet to crack. That's to say nothing of the question of how their powers of Persona work in the first place, and how the fictional Teddie can exist in the real world. As conundrums wrap in conundrums and the school year burns inexorably towards a blistering summer, the team must prepare for the most deadly challenge yet while still pretending to lead normal high school lives.

Unfortunately, that won't be easy under the evil eye of their new homeroom teacher. And when Detective Shirogane reenters the game with new information about irregularities in the police investigation and clues that may lead to an entirely different conclusion, both team and detective find themselves playing the role of prey once more! The body count is on the rise, the Shadows attack and new Persona are about to ascend as the Midnight Channel launches the ultimate cancellation program!

Persona 4 Blu-ray Collection 2 (D)

Persona 4 DVD Collection 2 (Hyb)

Via Rightstuf:

Contains episodes: 13-26.

Blu-ray Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation.
Dvd Special Features: Person 4's Mr. Experiment; The Unlucky Ninja, Mr. Experiment; The Unlucky Gentleman, Mr. Experiment; The Unlucky Ninja, Mr. Experiment ~ Final Episode; The Unlucky Ninja, Experiment Girl; A Brief lesson on Izanagi & Izanami, Japanese Promos, TV Spots, Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation.

Blu-ray Spoken Languages: English.
Dvd Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

Last edited by chrisc31; 04-07-14 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-05-13, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Re: Persona 4

dub-only blu kills this release for me. I understand why they did it, but it doesn't matter.
Old 02-05-13, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Explain it to me then because to have the japanese and english tracks on DVD but not on Blu Ray is a head scratcher to me.
Old 02-05-13, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
Explain it to me then because to have the japanese and english tracks on DVD but not on Blu Ray is a head scratcher to me.
Japan and North America use the same region on blu-rays. The japanese companies don't want the american blu-rays imported into Japan, becouse this anime on blu-ray probably costs $700+ in Japan.

Its the same reson why other animes did the same thing like "Kurokami: The Animation", it is also why we have to wait till june to buy "Heaven's Lost Property" season 2 on blu-ray, and why some other animes are only released on dvds.

Last edited by chrisc31; 02-05-13 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-05-13, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Ah, it makes sense but if Japan doesn't want the N/A version imported, they could make their prices competitive (though I know they'll never do that).

I love the game and played the N/A version so the English dub wouldn't bother me if they're using the same actors, but I hate the fact that I don't have the choice if I want to watch it in Japanese.
Old 01-13-23, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable will be coming to consoles and Game Pass on the 19th. You can buy them for $19.99 each. I’ll definitely play Persona 4 on my PC with Game Pass.