Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Crunchyroll Members Get KDrama Free

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-14, 08:54 AM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Crunchyroll All Access Members get KDrama FREE for the rest of the year (no credit card required). CR Anime/Manga subscribers get a 90-day trial and registered CR users get a 60-day trial (requires credit card).

SIGNUP HERE - https://www.kdrama.com/en/trial/cr

I'm a CR All Access Member, so sign-up was easy. After clicking the Get Started button, the next page has a button to connect to your CR account. And that's it. My KDrama account expires on 01/01/15.

Old 04-03-14, 06:17 PM

Re: Crunchyroll Members Get KDrama Free

I couldn't find any of the new simulcast shows on their Roku app. So I contacted their customer service and got this response:

The existing Roku app is our legacy app from when KDrama pulled content from Crunchyroll.com.

We are currently working on the official Roku app and it should be released in the relatively near future.
Old 04-06-14, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Crunchyroll needs to update all their apps for various platforms, they are dying on the vine with sluggish performance.
Old 04-06-14, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Crunchyroll needs to update all their apps for various platforms, they are dying on the vine with sluggish performance.
I can't believe they're still doing 480p on the Roku. They've been promising HD for years.

I ended up getting an AppleTV 3. Crunchyroll is 1080p and looks beautiful. I think that's the only device that CR streams 1080p. And I really like the menu. It has a row for all the most recently added episodes. So I don't have to click on each show to see if the latest episode is available yet.
Old 04-07-14, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

I thought all access already got KDramas? Or is this something new with simulcast (as you can tell, I rarely go into that section).
Old 04-07-14, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I thought all access already got KDramas? Or is this something new with simulcast (as you can tell, I rarely go into that section).
It's being split up into its own service. In the future you'll have to pay separately for the two services.
Old 04-07-14, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Huh. On their webpage, under compare memberships:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/premium_comparison

They only list two choices, the Anime one and the all Access one, with the All access including all manga titles (which they just added) and all drama titles, as well as drama simulcasts. I only get the all access one because that seems like a better deal during the Black Friday sub sale.

So I don't get it. KDrama used to be included, then they took it off, and now they're positioning it like they're doing me a favor letting me have it for the rest of the year? Or is this brand new stuff that wasn't included before?