Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Craziest Anime Pickups

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Craziest Anime Pickups

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-13, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Craziest Anime Pickups

Hey I'm new to the forum and want to settle in so

What's your most ridiculous, dumbest or luckiest pick ups ever.

Mine would have to be walking into my local HPBS and finding 2 Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum editions for 30$ each. A Neon Genesis Evangelion Perfect Collection for 25$. NGE: Death and Rebirth and The end of Evangelion for 7$ each and the one that blew me away Dragonbox vol. 2 (yes the stupid expensive one) for 50$ .....all in Like New condition. best day EVER.
Old 11-06-13, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: Craziest Anime Pickups

I have found some of the very earliest anime features ever made in used video bins for a couple dollars each. In one case, I had no idea what "The Littlest Warrior" was but I bought it anyway and took it home and was amazed to learn that it was the English-dubbed version of ANJU TO ZUSHIOMARU (1961), which was the fourth animated feature made by Toei Animation and was based on the classic story, "Sansho the Bailiff," which had also been made into a film (live-action) by Kenji Mizoguchi. It's quite a beautiful film. Another time I found the very first color animated feature made in Japan, again, in its English-dubbed version, PANDA AND THE MAGIC SERPENT, which was made as HAKUJADEN (1958). I have since acquired the Japanese-language versions of both films (no subtitles, though) on DVD.
Old 11-06-13, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Craziest Anime Pickups

nice, that's what made me get in the habit of buying pretty much any good priced anime i see. builds my collection and broadens my horizon.