Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Old 11-05-18, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

I'm about 5 episodes into 7 Deadly Sins. Enjoying it so far.
I'm also halfway through Kill La Kill and loving it.
Old 11-05-18, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

B The Beginning = 2 episodes in and not really digging it.
One Piece = it keeps going on and I keep watching
Attack on Titan = big people eat little people
Old 11-06-18, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

AoT Season 2, baby!
Old 11-15-18, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watching Kindom, not bad so far.

Originally Posted by Koby
Index 3 seems to be in a rush, skipping along confusingly. That or I should have really refreshed myself on the past two seasons given the huge time (8 years) between seasons.

So far season 3 has been a chore to watch. I might bail on it if it doesn't improve.
Old 11-15-18, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I started watching My Sister, My Writer I like it so far.
Old 11-18-18, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just watched two anime films I bought on blu-ray the last few days "Colorful", and "Welcome to the Space Show", Colorful was good but very depressing. Amazon should ship the film "Fireworks" anytime so I can get it on Tuesday.

I am now just waiting for the anime films "Mirai", "The Night is Short, Walk on Girl", "Lu over the wall", "A Silent Voice", "Liz and the Blue Bird", and "Maquia - When the Promised Flower Blooms"

Last edited by chrisc31; 11-19-18 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-18-18, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisc31
I just watched two anime films I bought on blu-ray the last few days "Colorful", and "Welcome to the Space Show", Colorful was good but very depressing. Amazon should ship the film "Fireworks" anytime so I can get it on Tuesday.

I am now just waiting for the anime films "Mirai", "The Night is Short, Walk on Girl", "Lu over the wall", and "A Silent Voice"
I enjoyed Colorful, loved A Silent Voice, but disliked Welcome to the Space Show. Haven't seen The Night is Short or Mirai yet though. The Night is Short didn't sound like something I wanted to look into but I've been wanting to see Mirai since I heard about it.
Old 11-19-18, 11:52 AM
Cool New Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is there a site at where you can find the older anime ( such as from the 70s and the 80s ) ?
Old 11-19-18, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Watching Ajin, S2.
Old 12-06-18, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisc31

I am now just waiting for the anime films "Mirai", "The Night is Short, Walk on Girl", "Lu over the wall", "A Silent Voice", "Liz and the Blue Bird", and "Maquia - When the Promised Flower Blooms"
I didn't enjoy Colorful very much. It felt like a slow-moving drama merely animated for artifice.

Fireworks is decent but nothing really special. It definitely tries to invoke what made Your Name such a great movie, but is uneven in that attempt.

http://doblu.com/2018/11/30/fireworks-blu-ray-review/
Old 12-10-18, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

I started a rewatch of Lion Force Voltron, with side by side viewings of the equivalent Beast King Golion episodes for comparison.
Old 12-11-18, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by shadokitty
I started a rewatch of Lion Force Voltron, with side by side viewings of the equivalent Beast King Golion episodes for comparison.
I loved Lion Force Voltron as a kid, but I am scared watching it again would shred any fond memories I have of it.
Old 12-11-18, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I loved Lion Force Voltron as a kid, but I am scared watching it again would shred any fond memories I have of it.
If you don't have kids to watch it with, I doubt you make it past five episodes. It's just so repetitive.

I finished (finally) Darling in the Franxx. That certainly was a complete change in direction the last few episodes. They at least gave some reasoning behind the hentai-esque piloting arrangement.

Still rewatching Dragon Ball Z with my kids. I started off with the original, but I had to stop because of the cropped blu-ray (I have the Dragon Boxes but they're packed away somewhere) and I just couldn't take all the filler. Even watching Kai some parts are a chore. We'll have to stop at Buu saga since I never got around to getting the Kai version and I don't think I can stomach that saga with the pacing of the original, but we'll see.
Old 12-11-18, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Detective Conan: The main reason why I'm a Crunchyroll subscriber. I just can't get enough of that show even though he's worst than Angela Lansbury. He's a harbinger of death.
Old 12-11-18, 02:36 PM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts

This season I'm watching the Slime show, Bunny Girl Senpai and Goblin Slayer. All 3 are good. I wish I had time for a few more shows.
Old 12-30-18, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Couple eps into Hi Score Girl on Netflix, great show so far.
Especially worth checking out for anyone who grew up playing Street Fighter II.
Old 01-06-19, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched the first few episodes of Bleach a few years ago in Netflix but they only had the S1 episodes. After researching and finding out that this anime has over 300 episodes, I gave it up, since I didn't want to invest the time and getting hooked and not being able to finish not even half of the series. A couple of days ago, I watched the live film again on Netflix and decided to restart the series since Crunchyroll has all of the episodes. I'm finishing up S1 but I got a long way to go and who knows if I ever finish this series.

So far so good and I'm liking the dynamic between Ichigo and Rukia. The less said about the movie, the better although it did its job to peak my interest on the anime.
Old 01-06-19, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I watched the first few episodes of Bleach a few years ago in Netflix but they only had the S1 episodes. After researching and finding out that this anime has over 300 episodes, I gave it up, since I didn't want to invest the time and getting hooked and not being able to finish not even half of the series. A couple of days ago, I watched the live film again on Netflix and decided to restart the series since Crunchyroll has all of the episodes. I'm finishing up S1 but I got a long way to go and who knows if I ever finish this series.

So far so good and I'm liking the dynamic between Ichigo and Rukia. The less said about the movie, the better although it did its job to peak my interest on the anime.
If you're interested in Bleach but don't want to dive into 366 episodes worth, you can just skip all the FILLER (non-manga adapted episodes) which do not affect the story (aside from one arc that they carried over some filler characters into the canon for a bit. Cutting out the filler removes over half the episodes and makes for a much better show overall.
Old 01-07-19, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Some of the Bleach filler is actually decent, though?

The downside is, the manga took a downturn in popularity and they never animated the whole thing (in fact I don't even remember how the anime ended). The upside is that the manga was complete crap for the entire last arc so you don't miss much (like literally it was "I'm the new guy, I have this unbeatable power. End chapter. Ok, well I'm opposing you, new guy, and I have the perfect counter to your unbeatable power. End chapter. Ok, well, I counter your counter. End chapter. Over and over and over until his editors finally forced him to end it).

Honestly, the highlight is the Soul Society arc, so if you just end it there it'll probably be good enough.
Old 01-07-19, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Koby
If you're interested in Bleach but don't want to dive into 366 episodes worth, you can just skip all the FILLER (non-manga adapted episodes) which do not affect the story (aside from one arc that they carried over some filler characters into the canon for a bit. Cutting out the filler removes over half the episodes and makes for a much better show overall.
Originally Posted by fujishig
Some of the Bleach filler is actually decent, though?

The downside is, the manga took a downturn in popularity and they never animated the whole thing (in fact I don't even remember how the anime ended). The upside is that the manga was complete crap for the entire last arc so you don't miss much (like literally it was "I'm the new guy, I have this unbeatable power. End chapter. Ok, well I'm opposing you, new guy, and I have the perfect counter to your unbeatable power. End chapter. Ok, well, I counter your counter. End chapter. Over and over and over until his editors finally forced him to end it).

Honestly, the highlight is the Soul Society arc, so if you just end it there it'll probably be good enough.
Thanks guys! According to the Bleach Wikia, that's episodes 21-63. I can do that.
Old 01-15-19, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought the Sentai Filmworks film Tamako love story, I really enjoyed it. I'm surprised this film didn't get much for promoting it when it got released. Its been a year and a half since it was released I should see if there are any more animes I might like that I missed.

Edit: I just now noticed the film it related to the anime Tamako Market that I never watched, I don't remember why.
Edit 2: it was 48% off at Amazon so I bought it and can watch it this weekend.

Last edited by chrisc31; 01-15-19 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-21-19, 04:03 AM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts

I just finished Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai. That was a great show. Might be the best slice-of-life rom-com I've seen all year. It seemed like a mix of My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU and Kokoro Connect.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/rascal-d...ny-girl-senpai
Old 01-21-19, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I just finished Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai. That was a great show. Might be the best slice-of-life rom-com I've seen all year. It seemed like a mix of My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU and Kokoro Connect.
It was obvious from the start whose syndrome would be the last to be resolved, and I was not thrilled with how focused the ending was. Most of the other characters introduced over the course of the season were largely thrown by the wayside for the last few episodes. That being said, it was still one of the best things I watched last year.
Old 01-22-19, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

While I fear bringing the spammers into this thread, I did see the Broly movie yesterday with my son. Between that, watching some DBZ with my son earlier in the day, and watching Sailor Moon (non Crystal) with my daughters, it was like 80's anime long weekend.
Old 02-01-19, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The animes I'm watching this season are:

Domestic Girlfriend
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Circlet Princess
Girly Air Force

Last edited by chrisc31; 02-01-19 at 06:19 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.