Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-15, 01:06 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Originally Posted by OutRun2
I'm only 3 episodes into Death Note and it's already the greatest anime in the history of all anime.

i have never watched any anime in my entire 37 years. A friend suggested Death Note and I watched 2 episodes last night and found it highly entertaining.

He also suggested Hunter x Hunter...is that any good?
Old 10-02-15, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
i have never watched any anime in my entire 37 years. A friend suggested Death Note and I watched 2 episodes last night and found it highly entertaining.

He also suggested Hunter x Hunter...is that any good?
You never saw Speed Racer as a kid? Or Dragon Ball Z?

Hunter x Hunter is a nice shounen series; but for a 37 year old just getting into anime I'd have to recommend Yuyu Hakusho which is made by the same person who made HxH. YYH though is aimed at a little bit older audience and has a bit darker vibe throughout.
Old 10-02-15, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 147 Likes on 94 Posts

Something like Noir would also be a lot more approachable for someone just getting into things. I don't think a show that "western" would ever get made in today's anime climate. It's available on Hulu.

As for me, I recently finished up Charlotte, and am almost finished with Classroom Crisis (meh) and DURARARA!! x2.
Old 10-02-15, 02:11 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Koby
You never saw Speed Racer as a kid? Or Dragon Ball Z?

Hunter x Hunter is a nice shounen series; but for a 37 year old just getting into anime I'd have to recommend Yuyu Hakusho which is made by the same person who made HxH. YYH though is aimed at a little bit older audience and has a bit darker vibe throughout.

nope never watched either of those

i guess the closest things to anime I watched were Tranzor Z and Voltron.
Old 10-02-15, 02:23 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

If you've never watched anime, you should go watch Cowboy Bebop. One of the best anime shows of all time. And it's a great entry point for a newbie.
Old 10-04-15, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just watched the first episode of both The Asterisk War and Chivalry of the Failed Knight, they were as good as I hoped they would be. they are very similar, almost even have the same story.
Old 10-04-15, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Heavy Object episode 1 had a lot of dialogue trying to explain things... Nothing really happened as a result but it was still interesting.

The art however was ugly as hell. The CG designs looked terrible.
Old 10-09-15, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Started Tokyo Ghoul. Wow, it's actually pretty good so far. The animation is top notch.
Old 10-09-15, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone rewatch animes? I finished watching Kiddy Grade yesterday, it must be my fifth time watching it in about 7 years.
Old 10-09-15, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by McHawkson
I see... Ugh. I will have to see it through. One thing that interested in first season of Shippuden is about Akatsuki group after all 9 tails monsters for the power. It kind of made me wanted to see what happened.
Okay, I've caught up... Up to current episode on Crunchyroll (yeah, headache, but I skipped lot of episodes). I still don't see what's fussy about that series. I think the Fourth Shinobi World War is the stupidest - using reincarnation is just an excuse for writer(s) to stretch the series. It seems that they're so obsession with flashbacks, repeating storyline, etc...

I will keep watch till end because I wanted to see how it ends.
Old 10-09-15, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just started on Space Dandy.
Old 10-10-15, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 147 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisc31
Does anyone rewatch animes? I finished watching Kiddy Grade yesterday, it must be my fifth time watching it in about 7 years.
Not with that frequency, but I have rewatched both gigs of Ghost in the Shell: SAC at least twice, and a handful of more recent shows (The Pet Girl of Sakurasou, The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun, Arpeggio of Blue Steel) once.
Old 10-10-15, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I rewatched Vampire Hunter D a lot. I also watched neon genesis evangelion maybe four or five times. If anime that is reedited counts I have seen dragon ball series twice.
Old 10-11-15, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*F*I*N*A*L*L*Y* completed watching Death Note, and all I can say is man, what a WILD ride!

In my opinion, Death Note carries a weight of suspense that I've never experienced in most or any animes before. Its story revolves around a notebook that a Shinigami, (AKA Death God) Drops into the real world on account of a whim, one of boredom. The Shinigami, Ryuk, finds the book to be obtained by Yagami Light, a highly intelligent, even elite student, who takes it upon himself to see it as a higher calling to become God of a New World, without criminals or crime, with which he can kill anyone whose name he writes into the book with the image of their face in his mind. It is up to L, the legendary detective, to stop him.

The anime is unlike any other. It manages to have a plot twist that uproots everything you believed up until that point and turns it around. Death Note will leave your palms sweaty and heart pounding as you experience a battle of epic proportions among geniuses.The music and art are so articulate and riveting that it "takes no prisoners" when it comes to the attention of the viewer. Each character has a specific and valuable role that is crucial to the series of events that comprise Death Note.

The Viewer must choose a side of good or bad, that of the God-Judge of Mankind Yagami Light, or that of the defender of what is right, the legendary "L" and his arsenal of objective diligence and dedication. Their war holds the lives of many in its midst, it encompasses a delicate subject of the role of god and justice in the world into a war over what is right and wrong, and that a single error will create a downfall. Death Note is a Must Watch 100% Anime, I loved it for its sheer insanity and unpredictability as I held on to the edge of my seat for each episode. I Highly recommend this anime to anyone and everyone.

Choose a side, and choose it wisely, for whichever you choose will be a thrill and an experience one will never forget.

Onto Monster.....
Old 10-11-15, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

*F*I*N*A*L*L*Y* completed watching Death Note, and all I can say is man, what a WILD ride!

In my opinion, Death Note carries a weight of suspense that I've never experienced in most or any animes before. Its story revolves around a notebook that a Shinigami, (AKA Death God) Drops into the real world on account of a whim, one of boredom. The Shinigami, Ryuk, finds the book to be obtained by Yagami Light, a highly intelligent, even elite student, who takes it upon himself to see it as a higher calling to become God of a New World, without criminals or crime, with which he can kill anyone whose name he writes into the book with the image of their face in his mind. It is up to L, the legendary detective, to stop him.

The anime is unlike any other. It manages to have a plot twist that uproots everything you believed up until that point and turns it around. Death Note will leave your palms sweaty and heart pounding as you experience a battle of epic proportions among geniuses.The music and art are so articulate and riveting that it "takes no prisoners" when it comes to the attention of the viewer. Each character has a specific and valuable role that is crucial to the series of events that comprise Death Note.

The Viewer must choose a side of good or bad, that of the God-Judge of Mankind Yagami Light, or that of the defender of what is right, the legendary "L" and his arsenal of objective diligence and dedication. Their war holds the lives of many in its midst, it encompasses a delicate subject of the role of god and justice in the world into a war over what is right and wrong, and that a single error will create a downfall. Death Note is a Must Watch 100% Anime, I loved it for its sheer insanity and unpredictability as I held on to the edge of my seat for each episode. I Highly recommend this anime to anyone and everyone.

Choose a side, and choose it wisely, for whichever you choose will be a thrill and an experience one will never forget.

Onto Monster.....
Umm.... are you iRacing member? I think I seen exactly same thing - word by word posted in iRacing forum.
Old 10-11-15, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Gonna start Space Dandy season 2 today.
Old 10-11-15, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I've seen Clannad a number of times. I've actually grown less fond of Akame Ga Kill a second time upon watching the dub on Cartoon Network. The show was fun the first time through but only the big battles hold up a second time.
Old 10-11-15, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I've seen Clannad a number of times. I've actually grown less fond of Akame Ga Kill a second time upon watching the dub on Cartoon Network. The show was fun the first time through but only the big battles hold up a second time.
I started to watch Kanon witch is very similar to Clannad.
Old 10-12-15, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by McHawkson
Umm.... are you iRacing member?
Maybe
Old 10-12-15, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe
lol.
Old 10-17-15, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just finished watching The Comic Artist and Assistants on blu-ray
Old 10-18-15, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just watched When Marnie Was There it was really good, I don't want to give any spoilers away other then its a sad story.
Old 10-18-15, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just watched When Marnie Was There it was really good, I don't want to give any spoilers away other then its a sad story.
It's not exactly a sad story but it's very entertained movie to watch.
Old 10-22-15, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Surprised at how much I am enjoying Prison School. This type of anime normally doesnt appeal to me. And in the beginning I was kind of leary of the premise. But its grown on me.

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Started Tokyo Ghoul. Wow, it's actually pretty good so far. The animation is top notch.
The only thing that held that show back for me is the main character. Hes unbearably naive and whiny until the last few minutes of the last episode.
Old 10-23-15, 02:31 AM

I just started watching Monster. Three episodes in and it's got me pretty captivated so far.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.