Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-22, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts
Re: What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life! is an anime which isn't bad but feels paper-thin, lacking proper character development. A high school kid who has retreated from sports into videogames gets tricked into playing an old game which emulates the limitations of real life a little too well for his tastes. The humor is its biggest strength but the main protagonist isn't particularly likable. The finish sets up for a second season but I really wonder if I'd give it a watch.
Old 12-23-22, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent is great...if you are a twelve-year-old girl. It's mostly a shojo anime inside an isekai shell. A young girl becomes the most powerful magic user in her new fantasy world and falls for the kingdom's top knight. Wholesome, gentle story with little actual conflict beyond a few soft topics. I think most adults will grow bored by the simple stock characters and bland protagonist. Our heroine overcomes every obstacle without a challenge. That being said, the slice-of-life stuff is cute and its romantic undertones actually work as intended.
Old 01-01-23, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm comfortably marching my way through How A Realist Hero Rebuilt The Kingdom. As an isekai, it reminds me of Log Horizon and maybe The Dungeon of Black Company. A regular guy from Earth is instantly made King of a failing kingdom and turns the country around while introducing a number of innovations. It's not the best I've ever seen or anything but the characters are entertaining. There are no glaring issues which stick out. Nice character designs and a healthy mix of different types.
Old 01-04-23, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

So I started watching "Teasing Master Takagi-san" which I find very cute, but what is up with the streaming for this show in the US. Season 1 is only on Crunchyroll. Season 2 is only on Netflix. Season 3 is only on HIDIVE. This is why pirating is so much better.
Old 01-04-23, 12:05 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
So I started watching "Teasing Master Takagi-san" which I find very cute...
That's a fun show. I hope they eventually adapt "Teasing Master (Former) Takagi-san".

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I found Bofuri: i don't want to Get Hurt, so i'll Max Out my Defense's first season highly enjoyable. Absolutely fantastic animation, which explodes in color on a good OLED. Kind of similar to That Time I got reincarnated as a Slime in tone and approach while mimicking the game aspects of Sword Art Online, it follows a school girl who doesn't really know how to play MMORPGs and builds her character up into an unstoppable juggernaut by accident.

Light subject matter, humorous and some awesome battle sequences (some of the most dazzling I've seen in anime) make it an accessible and charming Sword Art Online knock-off.
Bofuri Season 2 starts up next week on Crunchyroll. The first episode had an early release in Japan a few weeks ago, because it's got some Christmas party scenes.
Old 01-05-23, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So is the HIDIVE app garbage on the Amazon Firestick or is it just me? Is it better on the ROKU? I just want to stream some shows.
Old 01-06-23, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

HIDIVE sucks on almost all platforms that I've tried (maybe it's better on mobile/web, but certainly not Amazon Firestick, Roku, or Apple TV).

There's a "trick" if the episode doesn't load, basically pause and play a few times. There's no trick to actually get resume to work that I've seen.
The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (01-06-23)
Old 01-06-23, 05:04 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 533 Likes on 469 Posts

HIDIVE (web) probably works the best. The biggest problem for me is staying logged on. It regularly logs me off.

Roku is functional (at best). The biggest drawback is not tracking watch progress properly (same thing can be said for resuming episodes).

I never had loading problems that fujishig has described.
Old 01-06-23, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by WTK
HIDIVE (web) probably works the best. The biggest problem for me is staying logged on. It regularly logs me off.

Roku is functional (at best). The biggest drawback is not tracking watch progress properly (same thing can be said for resuming episodes).

I never had loading problems that fujishig has described.
It may be Apple TV specific, here's a reddit thread on it (where others talk about how crappy the apps on other platforms are):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hidive/comm..._try_to_watch/
Old 01-08-23, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The HIDIVE app finally started working correctly on the Amazon Firestick! No idea why the first night nothing would play and the app would completely freeze.
Old 01-09-23, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The HIDIVE app finally started working correctly on the Amazon Firestick! No idea why the first night nothing would play and the app would completely freeze.
And now I have another problem with Hidive... they are unable to recharge me for my recurring subscription, not because my credit card is bad, but presumably because they did something to their billing system. Looking on reddit I may have to email in, but I may just let it expire because man, their service is kinda bad.
Old 01-11-23, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, after reading all the reviews on HIDIVE, I didn't want to even sign up for the free trial to watch Takagi-San. Had my friend download it to his Plex for me to watch.
Old 01-12-23, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So I "acquired" the third season the movie for Takagi-San. This is the sweetest show. I love it so much.
Old 01-13-23, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Blown away by The Executioner and Her Way of Life. Wonderfully subverts any expectations you may have for a new isekai almost right out of the gate and then cleverly builds on the premise. Almost does for the genre what Puella Magi Madoka Magica did for magical girls. Tight action and intriguing plot-driven story.

That being said, there are a couple hinky things tossed in which could have been improved. The yuri stuff is over the top and distracts from the primary tone at times. There are virtually no male characters of any note, which isn't a positive.
Old 01-13-23, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Blown away by The Executioner and Her Way of Life. Wonderfully subverts any expectations you may have for a new isekai almost right out of the gate and then cleverly builds on the premise. Almost does for the genre what Puella Magi Madoka Magica did for magical girls. Tight action and intriguing plot-driven story.

That being said, there are a couple hinky things tossed in which could have been improved. The yuri stuff is over the top and distracts from the primary tone at times. There are virtually no male characters of any note, which isn't a positive.
I dunno, I wasn't that impressed, besides the twist in the premise (well both twists). Plus the cheapness of the animation was really bad, and I couldn't really get a good feel for the power levels of the characters. Her having that little knife in the opening was just always so unimpressive to me. But I still watched it all so that's something, I guess.
Old 01-15-23, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I watch a lot of isekai series, so when something goes outside the norm for me it's a welcome relief.
Old 01-18-23, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Grinded my way through one of the dullest anime I've come across - My Isekai Life as a Monster Tamer. Boring animation and bland character designs. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it...when I was ten. There is action but it's almost entirely built off a shonen vibe, kind of like a boys-only Fairy Tail. The lead protagonist has the personality of a brick and barely speaks except to cast his spells.
Old 01-19-23, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Have you watched Konosuba?
Old 01-19-23, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Have you watched Konosuba?
Yep, it's a fun series which doesn't take itself seriously. I wouldn't call it one of my favorites but I understand why it's such a popular series. Definitely lighter in tone than most and the character mix works together well.
Old 01-19-23, 10:57 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Crunchyroll opened up voting for their Anime Awards. And it's basically the same six shows in every category.

Attack on Titan
Demon Slayer
Ranking of Kings
Cyberpunk Edgerunners
Lycoris Recoil
Spy x Family

https://www.crunchyroll.com/animeawards/vote
Old 01-20-23, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've seen 4 of them (first 2 and last 2) and loved all of them.
Old 01-20-23, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, it's a fun series which doesn't take itself seriously. I wouldn't call it one of my favorites but I understand why it's such a popular series. Definitely lighter in tone than most and the character mix works together well.
I really love it. The humor works perfectly for me. I've watched it multiple times.
The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (01-21-23)
Old 01-21-23, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think a third season is coming soon.
Old 01-25-23, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also, I enjoyed the first 7 episodes of Uncle From Another World. Would love to see that get some more episodes.
Old 01-25-23, 08:04 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 533 Likes on 469 Posts

Also, I enjoyed the first 7 episodes of Uncle From Another World. Would love to see that get some more episodes.
I feel it's underrated series. It has been impacted by multiple production delays (reported to be COVID-19 related). The series started in the summer and it's still incomplete. Episode 13 (last episode) is still in TBA status.

Netflix was streaming the series with 2-week delay (vs Japan broadcast). They never resumed the episodes (episode 8+). Additional episodes (should be episode 8 to 12) reportedly will be streaming January 30 (not officially confirmed).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.