Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Perfect Blue (Blu-ray)

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Perfect Blue (Blu-ray)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-12, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Perfect Blue (Blu-ray)

This is one of the few anime titles I have in my collection I would upgrade to Blu-ray.

I had no idea it was out, but it was featured in a recent Deep Discount e-mail: Perfect Blu

$90??? WTF? ...and it's even more from the Amazon pirates selling it on the secondary. Why is this so expensive? It's a one-disc release of a somewhat obscure movie. Why the huge rip off?
Old 01-15-12, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Perfect Blue (Blu-ray)

Becouse it was only released in Japan on blu-ray. It most likly wouldn't have an english dub or english sub.
Old 01-15-12, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted it too as soon as I heard about it but it does not have english subtitles or else I would have gotten it. Love the cover on it.
Old 01-16-12, 02:42 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 534 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I had no idea it was out, but it was featured in a recent Deep Discount e-mail: Perfect Blu

$90??? WTF? ...and it's even more from the Amazon pirates selling it on the secondary. Why is this so expensive? It's a one-disc release of a somewhat obscure movie. Why the huge rip off?
The DD link is to the Japan (reg) BD release. That pricing point is fairly standard in Japan. The movie on DVD is currently OOP. It's likely that Manga Entertainment no longer has the license. Before anything happens, someone will need to re-license it.
Originally Posted by chrisc31
Becouse it was only released in Japan on blu-ray. It most likly wouldn't have an english dub or english sub.
Japan is not the only country to release Perfect Blue on Blu-ray. Taiwan had a Blu-ray release back in late 2010 by Proware. With that said none of the BD releases have English subtitles.