Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Upcoming U.S. Anime Releases - 2012 Edition

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Upcoming U.S. Anime Releases - 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-12, 10:42 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 535 Likes on 471 Posts
NIS America September 2012 Solicitation

I'm not sure if this listing was suppose to be up this early...

http://store.nisamerica.com/Anime/En...mium-Bonus-Set
  • Base Price: $69.99
  • Release Date: Sept 11, 2012
PRODUCT INFO

Complete Series Premium Bonus Set Includes:
• Premium hardcover slipcase
• 2 Blu-ray, 2 DVD disc set
- Total of 12 episodes
- Approximately 25 mins/episode
- Features original Japanese voice acting
- English subtitles
• Bonus content: Clean openings and endings for each episode (except episode 3 ending)
• Premium box with bonus item: 36-page hardcover art book (approx. 11" x 7") that explores the show’s outrageous world and characters, with detailed bios, illustrations, concept art, roundtable discussions with cast and crew, and an all-new interview with the original author, Go Nagai himself!

Exclusive Bonus Item (while supplies last!)
- Kappa's favorite "Vege Stress Reliever."
Click here to view Bonus Items
EDIT: NIS America Online Store listing is now taken down. I would expect the actual formal solicitation/announcement as soon as this weekend.

Last edited by WTK; 05-23-12 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-24-12, 05:27 PM
WTK

Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set

via Amazon.com: PS3 / Xbox 360 | MSRP: $149.99, Release date: 9/18/12
  • Experience Past and Present Street Fighter Games: Gamers get a snapshot of Street Fighter with four critically-acclaimed games that represent important chapters in Street Fighter history.
  • Light-up Ryu Statue: Standing 8 inches tall, the highly detailed Ryu statue features the iconic character in mid- Shoryuken with flames that light up from below.
  • Blu-Ray Video Set: The exclusive Blu-Ray two-disc set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans - and vice versa - throughout the years.
  • Soundtrack: 11 discs worth of Street Fighter music spanning the past 25 years. Two of the discs include remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games.
  • Art Book: The 64-page art book pays tribute to Street Fighter fans from all over the world and includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
Two Disc Blu-ray Video Set:
  • 25th Anniversary Documentary
  • Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
  • Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind
  • Super Street Fighter IV Original Video Animation
  • Street Fighter: The Animated Series

Last edited by WTK; 05-24-12 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-24-12, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Upcoming U.S. Anime Releases - 2012 Edition

I was wondering if there are any any chance this goes down below $50..

Are there any Jewelries or Gold hidden inside the set to have a price of $369

Originally Posted by WTK
via TRSI...
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

December 1st, 2011

Aniplex of America launches the “Fate/Zero” Blu-ray Disc Box set on March 7th, 2012

SANTA MONICA, CA (December 1, 2011) – Aniplex of America Inc. announced today that the Fate/Zero - Blu-ray Disc Box I will be imported from Japan and released in North America on March 7th, 2012 through anime distributor RightStuf.com. This highly anticipated release—featuring thirteen episodes with unaired, new footage, all subtitled in English over five Blu-ray discs—is the latest example of the company‘s objective to expedite its line-up of wildly popular properties to North America. Fans in North America can take comfort in knowing this BD box set will be released simultaneously with Japan‘s release date, and will mark the first time that
Fate/Zero - Blu-ray Disc Box I is officially made available in North America. In addition, Aniplex of America will include an English translation booklet to accompany the featured Production Material booklet in the North American release.

We‘re very excited that we can bring this fan-favorite title to North America at the same time it is being released in Japan, says Hideki Goto, the president of Animation Business of Aniplex of America. Like our previous releases of The Garden of Sinners and Rurouni Kenshin, this project comes from our continuous challenge to deliver the latest show as soon as possible. Aniplex originally simulcasted Fate/Zero worldwide in association with niconico, now I‘m glad to announce the BD release date to the North American audience will be the same street date as in Japan. I have no doubt this Fate/Zero - Blu-ray Disc Box I will satisfy not only the Fate/stay night‘ fans who enthusiastically waited for this show, but also all those who want to watch the most recent and sophisticated anime show to date. It‘s our hope that you‘ll find this a worthy showpiece to add to your collection to enjoy and treasure repeatedly.

Fate/Zero - Blu-ray Disc Box I features:

- Video: 16:9 HD Widescreen / 1920×1080p / MPEG-4 AVC
- Audio: Japanese dialog / Linear PCM / Stereo 48KHz/24bit
- Subtitles: English and Japanese
- Includes 7 discs (5 Blu-ray discs + 2 Bonus CDs): Total length of more than 330 minutes!!
- Extras include New bonus animation (written by Kinoko Nasu), Trailers, TV spots and Textless Opening and Ending
- Bonus CD 1: Fate/Zero Original Soundtrack Vol. 1 with Music by Yuki Kajiura
- Bonus CD 2: Fate/Zero Original Drama CD written by Gen Urobuchi

- Deluxe Production Material Booklet: Staff interviews, conceptual art, and other ―never-seen-before‖ production materials

* Exclusive for the North American release: a separate booklet of just English translations of the Japanese text from the Production Material Booklet!
- New cover art exclusively drawn by Co-creator/Artist TAKASHI TAKEUCHI, who envisioned the series‘ original character concepts and designs

*Cover Art Subject to Change

the Fate/Zero Blu-ray Disc Box I can be pre-ordered and purchased at: Right Stuf: www.Rightstuf.com

Product number and UPC bar code
Street Date - March 7th 2012
SKU # - ANSX-9431-9437
UPC - 4534530051691
SRP - $498.98
Store price - $369.98
via PR... | Fate/Zero product page
Old 05-24-12, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by xage

And there isn't even an english dub.
Old 05-24-12, 10:09 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by xage

They are direct imports from Japan. All of what's included is listed in the quote already. As for the pricing, that's how anime are priced over there. For something like this, it could have been more expensive in Japan (as in singles for reg/LE and store exclusives).

Right now there is no chance of this getting below $50 for Blu-ray. If Aniplex of America decides to release the DVD format, it will be possible to get close to that price.

Kazé France is planning to release the series late this year (in 2 sets for DVD, Blu-ray). The problem is the Region (pretty much guaranteed to be B) and the lack of English option.
Old 05-25-12, 10:34 AM
WTK

Re: Discotek Media / Eastern Star September 2012 Solicitation

Originally Posted by WTK
Venus Wars - 9/18/2012

LINK - MSRP: $19.95
In the 21st century, mankind lives on two worlds. Following the collision of an ice asteroid, massive terraforming has made Venus a planet now capable of supporting life. Colonists from Earth tamed the hostile world and have thrived for four generations. But they also brought the darker side of humanity. Venus is about to become hostile again. Vicious gangs roam the streets and rivaling nations battle for supremacy. Hiro, a hotshot motorcycle jockey, and Susan Somers, a feisty Earth journalist, are caught in the crossfire as war explodes on Venus!
Old 05-25-12, 11:54 AM

Does anybody know if generally, in cases like the Armitage DVD set listed, the studio will just slap the previous discs into a new case or if there's a chance of remastered/new prints, new extras, etc.?

Also, where are good places to go online for Anime reviews? Especially ones that make critical reference to picture and extras as compared to previous editions.
Old 05-25-12, 12:09 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by wahlers
Does anybody know if generally, in cases like the Armitage DVD set listed, the studio will just slap the previous discs into a new case or if there's a chance of remastered/new prints, new extras, etc.?
In general, the newer releases are pressed to fewer discs. As the result, more often than not, not all extras are retained.
Also, where are good places to go online for Anime reviews? Especially ones that make critical reference to picture and extras as compared to previous editions.
Review wise...you can try this site. Other ones include the likes of The Fandom Post. As to pictures (I'm guessing that you are referring to screencaps), you would have to pick and chose. Not all review sites put up screencaps (especially Blu-ray). It's all about personal preference when it comes to review sites.
Old 05-25-12, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The new Armitage III DVD Complete Saga (Hyb) - Anime Classics from Funimation is on 3 dvds.

the special features are:
Assembling Armitage, 5.1 Music Player with Select Themes, U.S. Trailer, Previews.

On the older releases they also have: Production Notes, Original Theatrical Trailer, character design gallery, 16-page printed character guide!
Have fun trying to find the old OVA release for less then the new complete collection.
Old 05-25-12, 10:54 PM

I luckily already have the OAV DVD. I am just secretly hoping that they have a new transfer as doing a side-by-side comparison of my old Pioneer laserdiscs shows that they have a sharper picture with much better detail than the DVD. If only they didn't have color bleed issues with large amounts of red.... But they did come with wonderful fold-out posters in each LD with character design sketches on the backs.
Old 05-26-12, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I luckily already have the OAV DVD. I am just secretly hoping that they have a new transfer as doing a side-by-side comparison of my old Pioneer laserdiscs shows that they have a sharper picture with much better detail than the DVD. If only they didn't have color bleed issues with large amounts of red.... But they did come with wonderful fold-out posters in each LD with character design sketches on the backs.
The new Armitage costs under $25, not like anyone would be out of a lot of money if it turns out to be crap.

Laserdiscs wow, how long ago did you get that? Did it cost alot?
Old 05-27-12, 05:15 PM
WTK

Aniplex of America September 2012 Solicitation [Import]

http://www.fatezerousa.com/product-br-disc-box-2.php
Volume: Box II
SKU #: ANSX-9441-9447
UPC code: 4534530056382
Release Date: 9/19/2012
SRP: $454.98
Retail Price: $329.98

Bonus (US and Canada only):English translation of "Animation Material II" (* Translation of the Japanese production material booklet)

◆ Disc Spec
■ Languages: Japanese
■ Video: 16:9 / HD Widescreen / 1920 x 1080p / MPEG-4 AVC
■ Audio: Japanese: Linear PCM/Stereo 48KHz/24bit
■ Subtitles: Japanese & English
■ Extras: New bonus animation (written by Kinoko Nasu), Trailer Collections, TV Spots, Textless Opening and Ending
■ Episodes: Episodes 14-25 with unaired new footage
■ Total Run Time: approx. 215 min.
■ Region: --
■ Rating: 17 UP graphic violence

◆ Product General Info
PRODUCT INCLUDES:
■Set of 7 discs (4 Blu-ray discs + 1 Bonus BD + 2 CDs)
■Exclusive Box artwork by Takashi Takeuchi
■Deluxe Digipak
■Fate/Zero Animation Materials II

◆ Bonus Materials
FEATURED Blu-ray
■Episodes 14-25 with Never-Seen-Before Unaired Footages

BONUS Blu-ray
■“Please! Einzbern Counseling Room” (story written by KINOKO NASU)
■Trailer Collections (2nd Season Promotion Videos)
■TV Spot Collections
■Textless Opening and Ending

BONUS CDs
■CD1 “Fate/Zero Original Soundtrack II (Music by Yuki Kajiura)
■CD2 “Original Drama CD” (written by Gen Urobuchi)

ANIMATION MATERIALS II (Booklet)
■Exclusive staff interviews, conceptual art, and other “never-seen-before” production materials
■US EXCLUSIVE!! English translation of Animation Materials II

*Bonus materials subject to change.

Last edited by WTK; 06-01-12 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-29-12, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by chrisc31
The new Armitage costs under $25, not like anyone would be out of a lot of money if it turns out to be crap.

Laserdiscs wow, how long ago did you get that? Did it cost alot?
I bought them back around the time that the first movie (Polymatrix) had just come out on videocassette. There's one laserdisc per episode for about $30-35 per disc.

It's crazy to think that this was how anime was sold back then at $30 an episode.
Old 05-31-12, 10:35 AM
WTK

Re: FUNimation August 2012 Solicitations

One delay for Is This A Zombie? And Oblivion Island is confirmed to be dub only release.

Last edited by WTK; 05-31-12 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-01-12, 09:27 AM
WTK

Aniplex of America September 2012 Solicitation

Pre-order listings now @ TRSI...

Last edited by WTK; 06-01-12 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-02-12, 08:45 PM
WTK

Aniplex of America July 2012 Solicitation

LINK

Oreimo: Complete Collection (Re-release) due out on 7/10/12. | Pre-order will open @ TRSI on 6/4/12.
Old 06-02-12, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Aniplex of America July 2012 Solicitation

Originally Posted by WTK
LINK

Oreimo: Complete Collection (Re-release) due out on 7/10/12. | Pre-order will open @ TRSI on 6/4/12.
I hope Oreimo is cheaper then $74.99, if the MSRP is less then $50 I might buy it.
Old 06-02-12, 11:02 PM
WTK

LINK

Oreimo: Complete Collection (Re-release) due out on 7/10/12. | TRSI listing
Contains episodes 1-12 and OVA episodes 1-4.

Special Features: Textless Opening and Ending.
via ANN
Aniplex USA's Re-release of Oreimo Detailed
posted on 2012-06-02 22:57 EDT

Aniplex of America revealed the details for its upcoming re-release of the Oreimo television anime series at its A-Kon panel on Friday.

The re-release of the series on regular-edition DVD will include all 12 episodes in the series plus four video episodes. It will also include a double-sided DVD wrap, an O-sleeve case, an original two-sided poster, and the textless opening and ending sequences. The company will release the DVD set on July 10. Pre-orders for the series will begin on June 4 exclusively through Right Stuf.

Last edited by WTK; 06-04-12 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-07-12, 12:52 PM
WTK

Warner Home Video October 2012 Solicitation

Old 06-07-12, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: Warner Home Video October 2012 Solicitation

I don't get why they aren't releasing Blu-ray for the new ThunderCats. I stopped buying DVD's about a year ago, so it's just lost sales. The iTunes release is HD though but as normal with iTunes, that release has terrible banding issues and poor encoding.
Old 06-08-12, 01:19 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisc31
I hope Oreimo is cheaper then $74.99, if the MSRP is less then $50 I might buy it.
RightStuf lists the retail price at $54.98. Their sale price is $44.98.

I love this show. But that price is still too high for me. Maybe if it was a Blu-ray with an English Dub. I guess I'll wait until it goes on sale.
Old 06-08-12, 09:31 AM
WTK

Sony Pictures Home Ent. Aug 2012 Solicitations

Studio: Sony Pictures | Official Website | Official trailer 1

via Amazon.com
Old 06-13-12, 08:05 PM
WTK

Anime Midstream June 2012 Solicitation

Old 06-13-12, 08:08 PM
WTK

TRSI / Nozomi Ent October 2012 Solicitation

via TRSI
Nozomi Ent. Announces RENTAL MAGICA, Pt. 2 DVD Set for Oct. 2012
Posted on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Nozomi Entertainment announced a new, value-priced DVD set for RENTAL MAGICA, Pt. 2 will be available on October 2, 2012. The set will offer the remaining 12 episodes of Rental Magica in both “broadcast order,” as seen on Japanese television (and the Japanese DVD release), and “chronological order,” according to the timeline presented in the novels that served as the series’ inspiration. It will be housed in a single DVD keepcase. If you pre-order the Pt. 2 DVD set from RightStuf.com, for a limited time, you will also receive the second of Nozomi's books about the occult mythology in the series as a special gift. (For fans planning to purchase the original two L.E. art box sets, place your orders soon! They won’t be around much longer.) For more information about the series, check out its official site
Old 06-13-12, 08:27 PM
WTK

Media Blasters Update

This release has been de-listed from online retailers like TRSI and RACS.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.