DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Anime Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/anime-talk-72/)
-   -   Anime Conventions (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/anime-talk/589415-anime-conventions.html)

chrisc31 04-07-11 06:47 PM

Anime Conventions

Find an Anime Convention in your area! http://animecons.com/events/

Dragon Fly 04-07-11 07:55 PM

Re: Anime Conventions

I'll be hitting up Anime Boston this year! I'm going Friday and Saturday (can't go Sunday due to work).

WTK 04-07-11 10:12 PM

Anime Boston (April 22-24) | Programming Schedule | bayoab feed link
  • FUNimation.com Presents
    • 60 minutes | Fri, 04/22 at 4:00 PM in Hynes-Panel 202
    • Come check out FUNimation's revamped website!
  • FUNimation Sneak Peek Panel
    • 60 minutes | Sat, 04/23 at 12:00 PM in Hynes-Panel 302/304
  • State of the Industry
    • 60 minutes | Sat, 04/23 at 1:00 PM in Hynes-Panel 306
    • Talk to and discuss the State of the Anime Industry in the US with various industry reps and guests of honor.
  • Sentai Filmworks Industry Panel
    • 60 Minutes | Sat, 04/23 at 2:00 PM in Hynes-Panel 306
    • Come talk to David Williams of Sentai Filmworks, the company that brought you Clannad, Needless, Guin Saga, Gintama, Eyeshield 21, Xam’d and more, and see what new titles are in store for one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America. You also get a chance to see the premier of the dub of their new series, Angel Beats.
  • FUNimation Industry Panel
    • 60 minutes | Sat, 04/23 at 4:00 PM in Hynes-Panel A

Sakura-Con (April 22-24) | Programming Schedule
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

WTK 04-07-11 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by chrisc31 (Post 10715510)
http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=0
Note: This website shows Industry panels with text only, NO video. You must refresh browser constantly!

Barring bad internet connection, all you have to do is check Enable refresh (Live only) box and it will auto refresh the page. Same thing can be said for "Auto" scroll? (Live only).

davidh777 04-08-11 12:38 AM

I've been to Sakura Con the last few years. Might not make it this year, though.

RobLutter 04-08-11 12:56 AM

Back in college I was the Assistant Head of Logistics of Otakon for ~4 years. Now that was some fun stuff.

I went to quite a few cons from 2002-2007... MegaCon, MetroCon, Yasumicon, Project AKON, OtakuCon, Anime EXPO, and a few I can't quite remember.

Always fun. Good people. Wore costumes. Got drunk. Laid many a nerd chick. Great stuff all around, lol.

My fondest memory was somehow becoming the judge of the cosplay contest of the only OtakuCon (renamed Kunicon at the last minute after my buds at Otakon sued them, lol) and being among the drunkest I have ever been... our anime club in Miami was hosting their Cosplay contest and someone brought a gong. I was recruited to be on stage to judge... and it was the meanest, funniest time I ever had. I just remember the con organizer telling us what an awesome job we did and the room spinning then getting a BJ a hot chick dressed as Asuka.

Cons are highly. Recommended. No time for most of them them now with work, but I will be hitting AKON this year, ha.

Dragon Fly 04-08-11 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by chrisc31 (Post 10715498)
I am going to Anime Boston for the weekend, This would be the first anime con I went to with Industry Panels. My first con was Another Anime Convention in Nashua,NH last year.

I live in Dracut, MA and I used to work right down the street from the place where the convention was held. I've never been there though.

I've done Anime Boston a few times. It's awesome, but it's sensory overload. There's so much to take in it's not even funny!

chrisc31 04-08-11 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly (Post 10716797)
I live in Dracut, MA and I used to work right down the street from the place where the convention was held. I've never been there though.

I've done Anime Boston a few times. It's awesome, but it's sensory overload. There's so much to take in it's not even funny!

I thought the convention in Nashua, NH was cool, you live right next to it practically and you never been, lol. I live in Gardner.

I am very excited to go to Anime Boston. "There's so much to take in it's not even funny!" I will let you know what I think.

chrisc31 04-10-11 12:28 PM

Sakura-Con 2011: Sailor Moon - 15 Years and Counting Panel

Emily from the Moon-Chase website will be hosting The panel and it will be held in Panels 5 (rooms 611-612) on Friday evening (the 22nd) from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.

davidh777 04-20-11 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 10715811)
I've been to Sakura Con the last few years. Might not make it this year, though.

Yeah, pretty sure I'm missing this one :(

Dragon Fly 04-22-11 10:16 PM

First day of Anime Boston down and boy are my legs tired! Cons really take a lot out of you!

Love the dealer's room though!

chrisc31 04-24-11 12:02 PM

I just got home from Anime Boston, The con was what I thought it would be like. I was not going to buy anything from the dealer's room but as I walked through some figures I really liked killed my wallet. I will take a photo of them later if anyone wants to see the figures I bought.

davidh777 04-25-11 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by chrisc31 (Post 10739761)
I just got home from Anime Boston, The con was what I thought it would be like. I was not going to buy anything from the dealer's room but as I walked through some figures I really liked killed my wallet. I will take a photo of them later if anyone wants to see the figures I bought.

Please!

WTK 05-14-11 11:50 PM

Anime Central 2011 (May 20-22, 2011 - Rosemont, IL) | Program Schedule
  • FUNimation.com Presents Panel
    • 60 minutes | Fri, 05/20 at 6:00 PM
    • Beta.FUNimation.com is open to the public and to celebrate this FUNimation Entertainment is bringing some of the excitement the site has to offer to Anime Central. This panel will include audience participation, questions about anime, creative thinking and debate, possibly a little theatrics, cats, the Internets, and prizes.
  • Aniplex of America Industry Panel
    • 60 minutes | Sat, 05/21 at 2:00 PM
    • 60 minutes | Sat, 05/21 at [strike]11:00 AM[/strike] / rescheduled to 5:30 PM
    • FUNimation Entertainment’s Marketing Manager Adam Sheehan and Social Media Manager Justin Rojas will be on hand to talk about all the newest info and updates out of North America’s leader in anime as well as answer questions from the audience.
  • Sentai Filmworks Industry Panel
    • 60 minutes | Sat, 05/21 at 7:00 PM
    • 60 minutes | Sat, 05/21 at 8:00 PM
    • Not sure what anime to pick up next? Come by and check out some of the newest anime titles from FUNimation Entertainment. We will be showing different clips from some of our newest shows.

WTK 05-14-11 11:51 PM

FanimeCon 2011 (May 27-30, 2011 - San Jose, CA) | Program Schedule
  • Aniplex of America Panel
    • 60 minutes | Sat, 05/28 at 2:00 PM
    • Aniplex has brought you many hit shows such as “Durarara!!,” “Gurren Lagann,” “Fullmetal Alchemist,” “Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler),” Come and join us to see what’s in store for 2011 and catch sneak previews.
  • VIZ Media Panel
    • 60 minutes | Sun, 05/29 at 3:00 PM
    • The VIZ Media team gives you the latest scoop on everything from acquisitions to new and upcoming projects for the summer & fall for both manga & anime!

WTK 05-20-11 10:54 AM

A-Kon 2011 (June 10-12, 2011 - Dallas, TX) | Program Schedule (Tentative)
    • 60 minutes | Fri, 6/10 at 5:30 PM
    • A FUNimation clip show! Join FUNimation's Justin Rojas and Joel Rodriguez for a showing of some new and upcoming DVD releases. Are you curious about a new show? Then try it before you buy it! Fan participation and prizes are encouraged. Friday June 10 in San Antonio A starting at 5:30 pm. Room and times are subject to change.
    • 60 minutes | Sat, 6/11 at 1:00 PM
    • The state of the industry, direct from FUNimation. Hear the latest news and get updates on upcoming releases live at the show. Stick around till the end of the show for some special announcements plus Q & A with FUNimation's Joel Rodriguez and Justin Rojas. Saturday June 11 in Houston B starting at 1:00 pm. Room and times are subject to change.
  • Aniplex of America Panel
    • 60 minutes | Sat, 6/11 at 5:30 PM
    • ...Come join us at our panel as we discuss our latest titles and make some announcements for some upcoming titles.
  • VIZ Media Panel
    • 60 minutes | Sat, 6/11 at 6:45 PM

WTK 06-12-11 05:09 PM

Anime Expo 2011 (July 1-4, 2011 - Los Angeles, CA) | Program Schedule (First Draft)

Friday, 7/1/2011:
  • Starchild Records Panel - 11:00 AM
  • NIS America Anime Panel - 12:15 PM
  • Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment Industry Panel - 1:30 PM
  • Aniplex of America Panel - 2:30 PM
  • VIZ Media Panel - 4:15 PM
  • FUNimation Industry Panel - 6:45 PM
  • Danny Choo Panel - 8:00 PM
Saturday, 7/2/2011:
  • Production I.G. Panel - 9:00 AM
  • Crunchyroll Panel - 10:30 AM
  • Robotech Industry Panel - 12:30 PM
  • Digital Manga Publishing presents the Digital Manga Guild - 1:45 PM
  • Bandai Entertainment Industry Panel - 4:30 PM
  • BangZoom! Panel - 4:30 PM
  • Gundam Official Panel by SUNDRISE and BEI - 5:30 PM
  • Right Stuf / Nozomi Entertainment Premieres - 7:00 PM
  • FUNimation Sneak Peek - 8:00 PM
  • Gundam 00 Panel with Mizushima - 9:00 PM
  • JAST USA Bishoujo Game Panel [18+] - 11:00 PM
Sunday, 7/3/2011:
  • NIS America Video Game Panel - 12:00 PM
  • The Gundam.com Panel - 12:00 PM
  • Gundam Unicorn Focus Panel - 2:00 PM
  • Durarara!! Panel hosted by Aniplex of America - 2:30 PM
  • Sentai Filmworks Panel - 3:00 PM
  • noitaminA Panel - 8:00 PM
  • Shin Chan Writers Panel presented by FUNimation - 9:30 PM
  • The Now and Future of Bishoujo Games [MangaGamer] - 10:30 PM
Monday, 7/4/2011:
  • Good Smile Company x Nitroplus Panel - 10:00 AM

WTK 07-15-11 10:56 AM

San Diego Comic-Con 2011 (July 21 - 24) | Programming Information

Thursday, July 21
3:00-4:00 FUNimation Industry Panel— FUNimation Entertainment's marketing manager Adam Sheehan and social media manager Justin Rojas talk about all the newest info and updates out of North America's leader in anime, as well as answer questions from the audience. Room 23ABC

4:00-5:00 Kodansha Comics— Representatives from the largest publisher in Japan discuss the exciting manga they'll be releasing in the coming months. Kumi Shimizu of Kodansha USA talks with Dallas Middaugh about the imprint's upcoming books, such as Bloody Monday, Cage of Eden, Love Hina, and, of course, Sailor Moon! Room 23ABC

6:30-7:30 Manga: Lost in Translation— After a slump during the great recession, the manga business seems to be coming back, with the older companies leaner and new companies focusing on both digital and print. But "leaner companies" is not usually good news for freelancers. Find out how the downturn has changed the industry from panelists William Flanagan (Kobato), Jonathan Tarbox (Fist of the Northstar), Mari Morimoto (Naruto), Stephen Paul (Yotsuba&!), and maybe some surprise guests. Room 26AB

7:00-8:00 Robotech Industry Panel— Robotech creative director Tommy Yune and Robotech.com webmaster Steve Yun showcase the latest animated and live action Robotech productions. Room 6DE

Friday, July 22
11:00-12:00 JManga: Manga!? Hear it Straight from Japan!— The leaders of Japan's manga industry present an in-depth discussion of where the international manga industry is and where it is headed in the near future. Also, catch a sneak peak of jmanga.com, Japan's 39-publisher-strong Digital Comic Association's new manga portal website. Panelists include Sam Yoshiba (Kodansha), Takashi Watanabe (Shueisha), Toshitaka Tanaka (Shogakukan), Kouji Shimano (Futabasha), Naobumi Ashi (Kadokawa), Motoi Suzuki (Shueisha), and Sasaki Hisashi (editor-in-chief of Japan's Weekly Shonen Jump, the world's top-selling manga magazine). Room 25ABC

2:00-3:00 VIZ Media Panel— VIZ Media's 25th anniversary celebrations continue with a special panel packed with exciting news and prizes for our fans. VIZ Media staff will provide the latest updates on new acquisitions and upcoming releases, as well as give the scoop on groundbreaking projects they've yet to announce. Don't miss a chance to win prizes such as $25 iTunes gift cards, special prizes from VIZ's partners, and more! Room 9

3:00-4:00 Shonen Jump Panel— Have you ever dreamed of becoming a manga creator? This panel gives you an opportunity to learn the secrets to being a professional artist and a writer. Weekly Shonen Jump editor-in-chief Hisashi Sasaki will give you straightforward tips and advice on how to improve your manga. Don't miss this opportunity to learn from the editor of Japan's #1 manga magazine! Plus, a chat with Hiroshi Matsuyama, the president of CyberConnnect2, about an upcoming Naruto Shippuden video game. Room 9

4:30-5:30 Marvel Television Presents: Anime on G4— Marvel Television and G4 take your favorite characters -- Iron Man, Wolverine, The X-Men, and Blade -- to Japan to tell their stories in a whole new way, beautifully animated by the anime masters at Madhouse. Hosted by Attack of the Show's Blair Butler, watch a never-before-seen episode with Marvel's head of TV Jeph Loeb and surprise guests. Plus, get a sneak peek at The X-Men's explosive first episode. Room 6BCF

5:30-6:30 Bandai Entertainment— With K-ON!, Tekken: Blood Vengeance, Gundam 00 the Movie, and The Disappearance of Haruhi Movie, Bandai Entertainment has a stellar lineup of eclectic anime titles for 2011. Join Bandai's Robert Napton, Loy Fruel, and some other notable guests for this informative hour that will feature news, trailers, Q&A, and giveaways. Room 5AB

6:30-7:30 Yen Press Panel— The Yen Press crew -- publishing director Kurt Hassler, senior editor JuYoun Lee, and assistant editors Tania Biswas and Abby Blackman -- unveil exciting new projects for 2012 and take questions from the audience. And of course, the swag. We mustn't forget the swag! Room 8

7:00-8:00 UDON and the Art of Comic and Game Design— Representatives from UDON share their trade secrets, learned from working with a host of different comics and game companies over the past 10 years. Take a tour of winning design elements through UDON's vast portfolio of works, and get ready for special announcements of which comics, manga, artbooks, and video game properties they'll be working on next. Featuring Jim Zubkavich (Skullkickers), Jeffrey Cruz (RandomVeus), Long Vo (Inception), and Matt Moylan (Mega Man Tribute). Room 4

chrisc31 07-16-11 08:41 AM

San Diego Comic-Con 2011 (July 21 - 24) | San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, California, USA
Complete Grid Schedule .PDF

Otakon 2011 (July 29 - July 31) | Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Schedule Coming soon | Watch the Industry panels live!

WTK 07-21-11 11:35 PM

Schedule of Events

Friday, July 29, 2011

From the company who brought you the best in Anime including Durarara!!, Black Butler, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gurren Lagann and Blue Exorcist to name a few. Ask any fan to name his or her favorite anime show and chances are likely that it's an Aniplex produced show. From the Latest Anime to Special Announcements, come and join us to see what Aniplex of America has in store for 2011. www.AniplexUSA.com www.Youtube.com/AniplexUS

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Attention Durarara!! fans. This panel is for you! Come join us at our panel as we cover the awesome anime known as Durarara!! Featuring our special guest Johnny Yong Bosch, the voice of Izaya Orihara! We will have featured videos, exclusive bloopers and more! See you there! Johnny will also have an exclusive autograph session at our booth! Stay tuned for details. www.DurararaUSA.com www.Youtube.com/AniplexUS

Come check out the latest news, announcements and developments from Crunchyroll.

Sunrise Inc., the studio that brought you the Mobile Suit Gundam Series, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, The Vision of Escaflowne and other groundbreaking anime series, will be holding an official panel for the very first time. Masayuki Ozaki, the Executive Producer of the hit series Tiger & Bunny, now streaming at VIZ Anime.com, will be appearing to introduce footage from new and upcoming series and answer questions. Be on hand for the first Sunrise industry panel at Otakon!

Join Bandai Entertainment for their annual after dark panel where they will share news and highlights about their upcoming releases, have some great giveaways, and let their hair down a little with some fun surprises!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Not sure what anime to pick up next? Come by and check out some of the newest anime titles from FUNimation Entertainment. We will be showing different clips from some of our newest shows.

Join us for a insider's look at the hot new anime TIGER & BUNNY, currently simulcast on VIZAnime.com the same day it debuts in Japan! Don't miss the opportunity to hear a conversation between Masayuki Ozaki, the show's Executive Producer at Sunrise, and Christopher Macdonald of Anime News Network!

VIZ Media's 25th Anniversary celebrations continue with a special panel packed with exciting news on upcoming releases and prizes for our fans!

WTK 09-21-11 11:22 PM

New York Anime Festival @ New York Comic Con (October 13 - 16, 2011 - Javits Center) | bayoab feed

Note: all info subjected to change!

Friday, October 14
  • Aniplex of America Panel (12:00 pm - 1:00 pm)

Description: From the company who brought you the best in Anime including Durarara!!, Black Butler, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gurren Lagann and Blue Exorcist to name a few. Ask any fan to name his or her favorite anime show and chances are likely that it’s an Aniplex produced show. Aniplex of America is a subsidiary of Aniplex Inc. headquarted in Tokyo. Aniplex is the leading provider of anime content, music production and distribution in Japan. From the Latest Anime to Special Announcements, come and join us to see what Aniplex of America has in store just for the fans. We will have giveaways and some rare prizes from hit Aniplex titles including Madoka Magica and Blue Exorcist. This panel will also feature special guests including the Executive Producer of Blue Exorcist, Hideo Katsumata. The President of Aniplex, Koichiro Natsume, will also be at the panel to give the fans a special greeting. www.AniplexUSA.com. www.Youtube.com/AniplexUS.
  • YEN PRESS (12:15 pm - 1:15 pm)

Speakers: Abby Blackman, JuYoun Lee, Kate Locke, Kurt Hassler, Svetlana Chmakova, Tania Biswas

Description: The Yen Press crew -- publishing director Kurt Hassler, senior editor JuYoun Lee, and assistant editors Tania Biswas and Abby Blackman -- unveil exciting new projects and take questions from the audience. Also following the panel, New York Times bestselling creator of NIGHTSCHOOL, Svetlana Chmakova will be on hand to sign copies of her new project, the adaptation of renown author James Patterson's WITCH & WIZARD!
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN Panel (1:15 pm - 2:15 pm)

Speaker: Junko Takeuchi

Description: VIZ Media is proud to welcome Junko Takeuchi, the Japanese voice of Naruto, for a rare appearance at New York Comic Con! Here's your chance to get insight from Ms. Takeuchi and VIZ Media staff on the world's most popular ninja! Come dressed in NARUTO gear and you'll be eligible for a prize!
  • FUNimation Industry Panel (2:45 pm - 3:45 pm)

Speakers: Adam Sheehan, Justin Rojas

Description: FUNimation Entertainment's Marketing Manager Adam Sheehan and Senior Social Media Manager Justin Rojas talk about all the newest info and updates out of North America's leader in anime, as well as answer questions from the audience.
  • MARVEL Television Presents: Anime on G4 (5:00 pm - 6:00 pm)

Speaker: Jeph Loeb

Description: The excitement continues with Marvel anime on G4! Following the successful run of Iron Man and Wolverine anime, Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb brings brand-new Anime action to New York with a preview of X-Men (Premiering on G4 October 21) and some very exciting casting news for fan favorite, Blade.
  • Anime Network Industry Panel (5:15 pm - 6:15 pm)

Speakers: April Brem, Samantha Stevens, Stacy Dodson

Description: Get the latest news and announcements direct from Anime Network executives and staffers. Find out what titles are coming to Anime Network's various services this fall and preview a hot new release! Anime Network staffers will answer questions and host a special giveaway, with prizes courtesy of Section23 Films! Anime Network is a premier broadcast and digital distributor of Japanese animation and Asian cinema in North America. Headquartered in Houston, TX, Anime Network's services include cable/satellite Video OnDemand, online and mobile streaming, digital download and much more!
  • Hiro Mashima and Kodansha Comics (6:30 pm - 7:30 pm)

Description: Join Kodansha Comics as we welcome Hiro Mashima to New York for the very first time! Mashima, the super-popular creator of Rave Master and Fairy Tail, and the artist of Monster Hunter Orage, will talk about what it’s like to be a manga creator, answer questions from fans, and even give a drawing demonstration. Plus, Kodansha Comics will have some very exciting announcements for next year. Don’t miss it!
  • Vertical, Inc. Industry Panel (8:45 pm - 9:45 pm)

Description: Vertical, Inc., one of North America's premiere publishers of Japanese printed pop-culture returns to New York Comic Con to reveal a handful of new additions to what is already a critically acclaimed comic catalog. Currating one of the more eclectic and challenging manga lists Vertical will continue to ask its readers to read differently with titles such as Chi's Sweet Home, GTO and Osamu Tezuka's Princess Knight. What will join those ranks? Join us and find out!

Saturday, October 15
  • Bandai Entertainment (10:45 am - 11:45 am)

Speakers: Ken Iyadomi, Loy Fruel, Robert Napton

Description: Bandai Entertainment is a premiere distributor of Japanese animation in North America. Their 2011 releases include: Star Driver, Tekken: Blood Vengeance, K-ON!, Gundam Unicorn, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie, and Gundam 00 the Movie: Awakening of the Trailblazer, among others. Join Bandai Entertainment‘s President Ken Iyadomi and Marketing staff Robert Napton and Loy Fruel for this informative hour that will feature news, trailers, Q&A, and a few giveaways!
  • Sunrise (12:00 pm - 1:00 pm)

Description: Sunrise Inc., the studio that brought you the Mobile Suit Gundam Series, the Code Geass Series, Cowboy Bebop, The Vision of Escaflowne and other groundbreaking anime series, will be holding an official panel for the very first time at NYCC this year. Masayuki Ozaki, the Executive Producer of the hit series Tiger & Bunny, now streaming at VIZ Anime.com will be appearing on-stage. He will be introducing footage from new and upcoming series and hold a Q&A to answer questions.
  • Makoto Shinkai Spotlight (2:45 pm - 3:45 pm)

Speaker: Makoto Shinkai

Description: A special hour with Japanese guest Makoto Shinkai. The auteur director responsible for some of Japan's most original, most beautiful animations, he'll be speaking about his work and inspirations at NYCC.
  • Fairy Tail Panel (5:00 pm - 7:15 pm)

Speakers: Cherami Leigh, Colleen Clinkenbeard , Newton Pittman, Todd Haberkorn, Tyler Walker

Description: Be one of the first to see the US dub premiere of Fairy Tail episode 3! Don’t be late for the Fairy Tail panel! We’ll kick things off with a special greeting from the Fairy Tail creator: Hiro Mashima. Watch English dubbed episodes 1,2 and the NYAF exclusive premier of episode 3. Then find out everything you wanted to know about Fairy Tail at the Q&A panel with the US voice cast Todd Haberkorn (Natsu), Cherami Leigh (Lucy), Colleen Clinkenbeard (Erza), Newton Pittman (Gray) and ADR Director Tyler Walker. Whether you are a die-hard Fairy Tail fan, or just heard about it from a friend, this panel will be only place to learn all things Fairy Tail.
  • Dragon Ball Z in HD (8:15 pm - 9:15 pm)

Description: Join the US cast of Dragon Ball Z for a very special screening and Q&A. See the timeless saga of intense action that is Dragon Ball Z as never before – in HD – and listen to the women and men who’ve lent their voices to one of the most successful anime series of all time.

Sunday, October 16
  • VIZ Media (10:45 am - 11:45 am)

Description: VIZ Media's 25th Anniversary celebrations continue with a special panel packed with exciting news on upcoming releases and prizes for our fans! VIZ Media staff will provide the latest updates on new acquisitions and upcoming releases, as well as give the scoop on groundbreaking new projects!
  • Guilty Crown 1-2 followed by Q & A / focus panel (11:15 am - 1:30 pm)

Description: Following an encore screening of the first two episodes of the most anticipated anime series of the Fall season, members of the GUILTY CROWN production team from ANIPLEX and PRODUCTION IG from Japan will be on hand to answer fan questions and talk about what it’s like to bring this complex and exciting series to fruition. Come see what it’s like behind the scenes and see exclusive content before anyone else!
  • Tiger & Bunny (1:15 pm - 2:15 pm)

Speaker: Masayuki Ozaki

Description: Join us for a insider's look at the hot new anime TIGER & BUNNY, now streaming straight from Japan on VIZanime.com! Don't miss the opportunity to get the scoop from Masayuki Ozaki, the show's co-creator and Executive Producer at Sunrise in a can't-miss interview with VIZ Media.

chrisc31 10-08-11 08:38 AM

Another Anime Con (October 14 - 16, 2011) - (Radisson Hotel Nashua - 11 Tara Blvd, Nashua, NH)

There are no industry panels but plenty of stuff to do. The schedule is now available.

Special Event -

The Bunny Lounge (21+)

Friday October 14th
10:00pm-12:30pm

Need a break from the crazy con activities? A relaxing place to enjoy a few drinks, games and feel the funk? Then come join the SOS Brigade at The Bunny Lounge! Relax in our groovy 70′s inspired lounge. This event is 21+ and IDs will be checked at the door. There will be a charge for drinks. More information on cost can be found at the cosplay/masquerade table, or at the event it self. Below is a list of rules and guidelines for the event.

Do not touch the bunnies
No lewd comments
Please do not dance with the bunnies without properly asking.
Female attendee’s are highly encouraged to attend.
While there is no dress code other than that of the convention. We request that female guests of the lounge refrain from wearing bunny outfits, as to prevent confusion between hosts and patrons.
Photos of individual bunnies are allowed by request only. Please do not sneak surprise photos, they scare easily. Any photography that is not of the event itself, or upon request, may result in the expulsion of the photographer.
There will be a charge for drinks. Details can be fond at the cosplay/masquerade table, or at the event it self.

This will be a 21+ event. You will need to show proof of an up to date government issued picture ID. At the door and when buying a drink.

There will be a limit on alcoholic drinks. Non-alcoholic drinks will also be available.

If it seems you have had too much to drink, you will be cut off.

Anything inappropriate may result in asking an attendee to leave the event. You will not be given a refund.

This is a one time event, so if you want to go don’t hesitate!