DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Anime Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/anime-talk-72/)
-   -   Any Questions for FUNimation? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/anime-talk/584396-any-questions-funimation.html)

zombeaner 01-10-11 03:32 PM

Any Questions for FUNimation?

I'm going by their office on Wednesday to say hi and talk to them a little about the business, and I was offered interview time with the CEO and the Director of Acquisitions. I don't know much about anime, I'm more interested in the feature part of their business. However, I thought some of you might have some questions that maybe I could get answers for. I'm not going to do a sit down with them this time, but I'll probably go back in a couple of weeks and follow up.

GenPion 01-10-11 03:45 PM

Re: Any Questions for FUNimation?

Ask them when they plan on putting out the Trigun Blu-ray set. ;)

chrisc31 01-10-11 06:21 PM

Ask them if "Kanon" could get a blu-ray release in the future. Oh yeah ask them to license Sailor Moon. I am sure I could ask more questions but I can't think right now.

GenPion 01-11-11 12:42 AM

Speaking of licensing, ask them to license Cardcaptor Sakura and to release it on Blu-ray...

Dragon Tattoo 01-11-11 01:59 AM

I want to know if the Yu Yu Hakusho series blu-rays they're releasing will be done with the Japanese Masters or if they're planning on doing their own upscale of the show. If you could ask this that'd be great.

RayChuang 01-11-11 06:42 AM

As them if they're willing to license Futari wa Pretty Cure and Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart. The first two seasons of the Pretty Cure franchise can stand of their own.

And good time to do it, too--Toei just remastered FwPC with better quality audio and video and that will be out in Japan in March 2011.

GenPion 01-11-11 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo (Post 10583944)
I want to know if the Yu Yu Hakusho series blu-rays they're releasing will be done with the Japanese Masters or if they're planning on doing their own upscale of the show. If you could ask this that'd be great.

Excellent question. I was wondering that myself.

Dragon Fly 01-11-11 09:37 PM

Squid Girl license? That is all.

JoshuaSokolov 01-12-11 07:55 AM

Much like their convention Q&A guidelines, I doubt acquisition questions will be answered or even entertained.

chrisc31 01-12-11 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by JoshuaSokolov (Post 10585912)
Much like their convention Q&A guidelines, I doubt acquisition questions will be answered or even entertained.

They won't but I can't think of any other questions I want to know.

GenPion 01-12-11 07:17 PM

How was your visit to Funimation, zombeaner ?

zombeaner 01-12-11 08:05 PM

It was FUN! I didn't get to the questions, this was more of an exploratory trip. I'm going back in the next few weeks for interviews with the bigshots. That place is HUGE, way bigger than I would've thought, they have a ton of full time staff, and I was able to check out one of the recording booths where they do the dubs. There weren't any active dubbing sessions going on, them, but the room I was in was working on a Fullmetal Alchemist dub, judging by the script. I've been invited back to watch one for real sometime in the future. Looks like a great place to work. I was mostly there to talk about their home video business in the feature (live action and animated), not so much the serials, and I met some really cool people in marketing and stuff. A fun, if short, little adventure for sure! Looking forward to going back there in the future.

PhantomStranger 01-17-11 11:56 PM

Ask them if there are any plans for Spice & Wolf on Blu-ray, if you get the chance.