Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Legal Anime Streaming (Free & Subscription)

Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Legal Anime Streaming (Free & Subscription)

Old 09-07-12, 07:34 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 525 Likes on 462 Posts
Re: FREE Legal Streaming Anime Master List

via CR (Moyashimon & Guin Saga)
As previously announced at Otakon this past year, we're going to start by adding the first season of Moyashimon!

Three episodes will roll out every Thursday at 9pm Pacific, with premium members getting all three as they come out with free users getting only one per week.

For those that are tuned into the second season, you will be able to view the first season in the following territories: North America, South America, Central America, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.
Finally, Guin Saga will launch today at 5pm Pacific for US and Canada audiences only.

Free users will get four episodes every week, while premium users will get the whole shebang right now!
Old 09-13-12, 05:28 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

The FUNimation Channel is now available in the Roku Channel Store.
Old 09-13-12, 07:54 PM
WTK

via CR | http://www.crunchyroll.com/bakemonogatari
Whats up guys,

You may have seen the Crunchyroll News post regarding the Blu-ray release of Bakemonogatari.
Well, it's also streaming here on CR (sadly not in Blu-ray), starting tomorrow at 10 am!!!
Now, Nisemonogatari will FINALLY have more meaning and texture!

For all those lucky viewers - both premium and free members - residing in the US and Canada, you will be able to view one episode every Friday.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/legends-of-the-dark-king
To keep the good times rolling, we've also just launched Legends of the Dark King!

Legends of the Dark King will be available for US and Canada audiences only. Premium users will have all the episodes available to them immediately, while free users will get four episodes per week every week until the series completion.
Old 09-13-12, 08:10 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
The FUNimation Channel is now available in the Roku Channel Store.
http://blog.floatleftinteractive.com...lable-on-roku/
(JUPITER, FL) September 13, 2012 – Float Left Interactive, a leader in Roku Channel development, announced today that the FUNimation Channel is now available on Roku.

Through the FUNimation Channel, Elite Subscribers will have instant access to thousands of the best anime episodes in HD commercial-free, with new releases available the same day as DVD and Blu-Ray. Non-subscribers can watch select episodes for free.

Anime fans can access the FUNimation Roku Channel for free from the Roku Channel Store.
Old 09-13-12, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's great that Funimation has a Roku channel now, but could they have made the process of linking your account any more annoying? Netflix, Hulu and Crunchyroll all use a simple set-up where you click "link account" in the channel page and it gives you an authentication code and a URL to go to. But not Funimation -- they make you enter your username and password using the Roku remote, which takes forever if you have a strong, computer generated password with mixed-case letters, numbers and symbols.

ETA: And there doesn't seem to be any way to add an entire series to your queue; you have to do each episode individually?

Last edited by Sean O'Hara; 09-13-12 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-13-12, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
ETA: And there doesn't seem to be any way to add an entire series to your queue; you have to do each episode individually?
That's annoying. A couple people have already mentioned it in FUNi's forum. I hope they'll change it, because right now the queue is pretty useless.

I'm disappointed that One Piece is missing. I was really looking forward to watching that.
Old 09-14-12, 03:51 PM

I'm disappointed that One Piece is missing. I was really looking forward to watching that.
FUNi has responded:

Unfortunately we do not currently have the rights for One Piece or Toriko to be on any of our apps.
Old 09-14-12, 04:03 PM

FUNi and FandomPost are both running contests for a free Roku box.

http://www.funimation.com/adam-s/blo...ilable/4578471

http://www.fandompost.com/2012/09/14...-all-the-time/
Old 09-18-12, 12:10 AM
WTK

via CR
Crunchyroll Adds "Ef: A Tale of Memories" Anime
Available soon for premium members and free users

For those in the US and Canada, episodes 1-12 of Ef: A Tale of Memories will go up shortly (and we will update this article with the URL when it is available) for premium users. Four episodes per week will be made available to free users every Monday at 6pm PST.
Old 09-21-12, 12:57 PM

Viz Media's new streaming service Neon Alley is launching on October 2nd.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5KNtLT1Rmlc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-21-12, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Viz Media's new streaming service Neon Alley is launching on October 2nd.
I wonder what is wrong with vizanime.com? This new website is just going to confuse the people that use those websites.

Funimation had the right idea to put the video player on Funimation.com and not the ShoDojo.com that they almost used.
Old 09-21-12, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by chrisc31
I wonder what is wrong with vizanime.com? This new website is just going to confuse the people that use those websites.
I think they're trying to create something different. It's like a TV network with scheduled programming. And it looks like they plan on combining anime with live-action.

I'm interested to see how it works out. But personally, I wish they went with a traditional subscription-based VOD service like CR and FUNi.
Old 09-21-12, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Several anime series have been added to the free streaming list for Amazon Prime members. He Is My Master, Clannad, etc.
Old 09-21-12, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Several anime series have been added to the free streaming list for Amazon Prime members. He Is My Master, Clannad, etc.
That's awesome. I'd checked a couple times in the past, and never saw anything good. But there's a bunch of shows up now.

Beyblade
He Is My Master
Samurai Girls
Princess Resurrection
To Love-Ru
Pucca
High School of the Dead
RahXephon
Tears to Tiara
Fist of the North Star
Elfe Lied
UFO Ultramaiden
Special A
Code Lyoko
Kiba
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue
Madlax
Shadow Skill
Clannad
Clannad After Story
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok
Kino's Journey
Megaman
Oban Star Racers
Get Backers
Sister Princess
Mezzo
Princess Tutu
Polyphonica
Dream Eater Merry
Shost Stories
Popotan
Destiny of the Shrine Maiden
Moeyo Ken
Mahoromatic
Orphen
Little Snow Fairy Sugar
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
Blue Drop
Ghost Hound
Dokkoida?!
Chance Pop Session
Nanaka 6/17
Old 09-21-12, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Thats very kewl, but I still would prefer buying the dvd/blu-ray for animes I like.
Old 09-25-12, 11:03 AM
WTK

via CR
Crunchyroll Adds Season Two of "Ef: A Tale of Memories" Anime

Episodes 1-12 of season two of Ef: A Tale of Memories will be available to premium users starting today, 9/25 (check the show page here throughout the day; they should be up in a bit). Free users can watch four episodes a week every Monday at 6pm beginning 10/8. As for regions, this one will be US and Canada only.
Old 09-25-12, 01:46 PM
WTK

Crunchyroll Adds "Hiiro no Kakera" Season 2 to Anime Lineup

Crunchyroll is announcing another continuing series with season two of Hiiro no Kakera, which will stream every Sunday starting on September 30 at 11:00 am Pacific for premium members. Free members will be able to watch episodes one week after their debut.

Hiiro No Kakerawill be available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Netherlands, Brazil, and Portugal.

Last edited by WTK; 09-26-12 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-25-12, 06:58 PM
WTK

via Viz Media Facebook page
K comes to VIZ Anime this October! The most anticipated series of the season has just been acquired by VIZ Media. Watch it on VIZ Anime every week!
Old 09-27-12, 01:49 PM
WTK

"Gintama" Returns to Crunchyroll for Fall 2012 Anime Season

Starting Thursday, October 4th at 3am Pacific Time, new episodes of Gintama will be made available to premium members. Free members will be able to watch one week after the initial broadcast on Crunchyroll. TV Tokyo is referring to the new batch as the show’s “Kintama Arc,” which is a rude joke in Japanese, so expect a wild ride in the days ahead...

Gintama will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the following territories: North America, South America, Africa, Europe (except Andorra, Italy, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Vatican City), and Middle East.
Old 09-28-12, 07:54 AM
WTK

via CR
Dear Xbox users, we are excited to announce the upcoming release of our own branded application on the Xbox 360® console. The Crunchyroll application will be available on Xbox LIVE® in English in more than 30 territories, across all six continents. Premium members can login with their existing accounts to access all premium benefits, including streaming the latest episodes (no ads of course!), accessing the queue, searching for favorite shows, etc.

We will share more details after the app gets approved and launch date gets finalized.

Meanwhile, enjoy watching Crunchyroll on the website, iPhone & iPad, Android phone & tablet & Kindle Fire, Windows Phone, PS3, Samsung SmartTV, Roku ... (the list is long

Shinji
Old 09-28-12, 10:48 AM
WTK

Crunchyroll to Stream "Hayate no Gotoku! Can’t Take My Eyes Off You" Anime

Hayate No Gotoku! Can’t Take My Eyes Off You is set to broadcast every Wednesday starting on October 3, at 11:00 am Pacific Time for premium members. Free members are able to view one week after initial broadcast on Crunchyroll.

The show will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the following territories: North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, and the South Pacific.
Old 09-28-12, 01:16 PM

I think everyone was expecting CR to get Hayate and Gintama. I wish they'd announce some of the other shows.

Glad to see they're now on both PS3 and 360. But I hope it doesn't screw-up their ability to get good shows. With a larger customer base, the licensing companies may want a bigger slice of the pie.
Old 09-28-12, 01:48 PM
WTK

Crunchyroll to Stream "Shin Sekai Yori" (From the New World) Anime

Shin Sekai Yori is set to broadcast every Tuesday starting on October 2, at 12:40 pm Pacific Time for premium members. Free members are able to view one week after initial broadcast on Crunchyroll.

The show will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the following territories: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Central & South America.

More information can be found (shortly) on www.crunchyroll.com/shinsekaiyori.
Old 09-28-12, 02:12 PM

Good news. That's one of the big shows this season. Here's the preview:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xg4p78KjWJg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-28-12, 07:47 PM
WTK

Blue Submarine No.6 is now streaming @ Hulu.

The whole movie series (subbed) of TOWANOQUON is now streaming @ Hulu.

TO: Film Collection (sub and dub) is streaming @ Hulu as well.
- http://www.hulu.com/to-elliptical-orbit
- http://www.hulu.com/to-symbiotic-planet

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.