Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Unreleased Licensed U.S. Anime Properties

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Unreleased Licensed U.S. Anime Properties

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-13, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Unreleased Licensed U.S. Anime Properties

Rightstuf would have been my last guess to license BLESSINGS OF THE CAMPANELLA, I can't wait for it. I wonder if they licensed the OVA?

Last edited by chrisc31; 07-06-13 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-06-13, 08:46 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 533 Likes on 469 Posts

via PR...
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES
“KINMOZA!”

HOUSTON, July 6, 2013 — The British are coming! The British are coming! Coming to Sentai Filmworks that is! Sentai’s latest acquisition is KINMOZA!, a 12 episode series directed by TENSHO, featuring character designs by Kazuyuki Ueta, with series composition by Yuniko Ayana, sound direction by Jin Aketagawa and music by Ruka Kawada.

When Shinobu was still in middle school, she had the amazing opportunity to study in England while living with a host family as an exchange student. And while that was several years ago and she still doesn’t do all that well in English class, Shinobu has had warm feelings for everything English ever since. So when Shinobu learns that the daughter of her host family, Alice Cartelet, is coming to stay with her and study in Japan, she’s thrilled. But will Alice be able to fit in with Shinobu’s Japanese schoolfriends, Youko and Aya? And how will the arrival of Shinobu’s old rival Karen, who’s half-English and half-Japanese, affect the potential culture clash? Every day is an adventure in international diplomacy and self discovery as a group of schoolgirls learn new lessons about each other and themselves in KIMOZA!

KINMOZA! will be available starting in July through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow in 2014.

About Sentai Filmworks
Sentai Filmworks celebrates its 5th Anniversary as one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like Persona 4, Girls und Panzer, Devil Survivor 2, Bodacious Space Pirates, Majestic Prince and High School of the Dead as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies, K-ON! and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs are distributed through Ingram Entertainment, Diamond Comic Distributors, Section23Films and Waxworks through retailers Amazon, Best Buy, Fry’s, FYE, Hastings, Sam Goody, Suncoast, The Right Stuf, Wal-Mart and other good and fine stores. Digital product offerings may be found at Amazon, Anime Network, Crunchyroll, Google Play, Hulu, iTunes, Netflix, PlayStation Network, Rovi, Samsung, Vudu, XBOX Marketplace and YouTube.

Old 07-06-13, 08:47 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by chrisc31
Rightstuf would have been my last guess to license BLESSINGS OF THE CAMPANELLA, I can't wait for it. I wonder if they licensed the OVA?
http://bayoab.info/live/old.php?panel=276

Yes on the OVA.

15:14:51 <bay|AX|TRSI> lucky penny
15:15:54 <bay|AX|TRSI> Blessing of the Campanella
15:15:55 <bay|AX|TRSI> 2014
15:15:58 <bay|AX|TRSI> compelete series
15:15:56 <bay|AX|TRSI> subtitle only
15:15:57 <bay|AX|TRSI> the ova will be included
Old 07-07-13, 05:14 PM
WTK

via PR...
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“SUNDAY WITHOUT GOD”

HOUSTON, July 7, 2013Sentai Filmworks is proud to announce its newest acquisition: Sunday Without God. This provocative 12 episode series is directed by Yuji Kumasawa (The Ambition of Oda Nobuna) and features character designs by Shinichi Miyamae with series composition by Tomoko Konparu (NANA), sound direction by Satoshi Motoyama (From the New World) and music by Hiromi Mizutani (Hell Girl).

15 years ago, the stories say, God abandoned the World, leaving the souls of the human race in limbo. No new lives are born, and no one can die. Yet people still age, while their bodies whither with the years. Into this strange new landscape come the Gravekeepers, charged with the task of bringing peace to those who cannot otherwise die. This is what Ai has always believed to be her destiny, taking care of the forty-seven empty graves that wait for the people of her village. However, Ai is wrong. Wrong about her destiny and wrong about what a Gravekeeper truly is. But the veil is only lifted from her eyes when a gun-wielding stranger comes into town, and fills the graves she has tended by murdering the people she has loved. And more shockingly, the man who has done this is the man Ai believes to be her father. And yet, in a world where no one can die, is Death truly the ultimate blessing? A journey unlike any other begins as Ai unlocks the secrets that begin on a SUNDAY WITHOUT GOD!

Sunday Without God will be available starting in July through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow in 2014.

About Sentai Filmworks
Sentai Filmworks celebrates its 5th Anniversary as one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like Persona 4, Girls und Panzer, Devil Survivor 2, Bodacious Space Pirates, Majestic Prince and High School of the Dead as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies, K-ON! and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs are distributed through Ingram Entertainment, Diamond Comic Distributors, Section23Films and Waxworks through retailers Amazon, Best Buy, Fry’s, FYE, Hastings, Sam Goody, Suncoast, The Right Stuf, Wal-Mart and other good and fine stores. Digital product offerings may be found at Amazon, Anime Network, Crunchyroll, Google Play, Hulu, iTunes, Netflix, PlayStation Network, Rovi, Samsung, Vudu, XBOX Marketplace and YouTube.

Old 07-07-13, 05:14 PM
WTK

via PR...
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“WATAMATOE ~ NO MATTER HOW I LOOK AT IT,
IT’S YOU GUYS’ FAULT I’M NOT POPULAR!”

HOUSTON, July 7, 2013 — It’s grand delusions, desperate measures and more than a few dates with destiny in Sentai Filmworks’ newest acquisition: WATAMOTE ~ No Matter How I Look At It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Unpopular! This 12 episode series is directed by Shin Oonuma (Kokoro Connect) and features character designs by Hideki Furukawa with series composition by Takao Yoshioka (Demon King Daimao) and sound direction by Saotshi Motoyama (From the New World).

At the tender age of 15, Kuroki Tomoko has already dated dozens and dozens of boys and she’s easily the most popular girl around! The only problem is that absolutely none of that is real, and her perfect world exists only via dating games and romance shows. In fact, the sad truth is that she gets tongue tied just talking to people, and throughout middle school she’s only had one actual friend. All of which makes Kuroki’s entrance into the social pressure cooker of high school a new and special kind of hell. Because while Kuroki desperately wants to be popular, she’s actually worse off than she would be if she was completely clueless as to how to go about it. After all, the things that work in “otome” games rarely play out the same way in reality, especially when the self-appointed “leading lady” isn’t the paragon she thinks she is. There’s not much gain and plenty of pain ahead, but even if it happens again and again, there’s always someone else to blame in WATAMOTE ~ No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Not Popular!

WATAMOTE ~ No Matter How I Look At It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Unpopular! will be available starting in July through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow in 2014.

About Sentai Filmworks

Old 07-12-13, 02:47 PM
WTK

via Media Blasters Facebook page
07/12 - MB Acquisition News - Well as we keep going through the endless lists we get from you folks. BTW, keep them coming!!

Proud to Announce the Acquisition of Koe de Oshigoto. When it was about being a voice actress for Adult Anime, it was a no brainer for us!
Old 07-13-13, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
I find It hard not to call "Koe de Oshigoto!" a hentai, they don't really show anything but all the sounds are there.
Old 07-14-13, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Kind of off topic, but wasn't there suppose to be an Akira re-release at some point? I thought Funimation announced awhile ago they had acquired the license to it and were going to re-release it on BD.
Old 07-14-13, 11:13 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by big e
Kind of off topic, but wasn't there suppose to be an Akira re-release at some point? I thought Funimation announced awhile ago they had acquired the license to it and were going to re-release it on BD.
This type of question is actually perfect for this thread. As for Akira, it's supposedly planned for a 2014 release.

via Art of Akira Exhibit Facebook page (@ SXSW - March 9th, 2013)
Just did a great interview with Funimation about Akira, anime and cool tattoos. They're releasing a new Blu-Ray of Akira next year - be excited!
Old 07-16-13, 09:19 PM
WTK

via Discotek Media Facebook page
Coming in early 2014. DALLOS! Never before released on DVD in the US! The first OVA ever. And directed by Mamoru Oshii!
There's more! The CARDCAPTOR SAKURA movie on DVD and BLU RAY! Sometime in 2014!
And more Oshii! Jin-Roh DVD and BLU RAY! 2014.
via Discotek Media Faceebook page
LILY C.A.T! Early 2014 on DVD. Will include the Streamline English dub and the Japanese language with English subtitles!
We will also release the original DEVILMAN Complete TV series episodes 1-39 on DVD in 2014!

Last edited by WTK; 07-16-13 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-17-13, 02:35 PM
WTK

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HnGESq_CiQY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Published on Jul 17, 2013

The wait is over! The highly anticipated third installment of the Puella Magi Madoka movie series, "Madoka Magica The Movie -Rebellion-," will be coming to U.S. theatres this Winter!

Get the latest info at: http://madokamagicausa.com/
via PR...
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

July 17, 2013

Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie –Rebellion-
Coming to Theaters this Winter!

SANTA MONICA, CA (July 17, 2013) – Aniplex of America and ELEVEN ARTS are proud to announce they are bringing the highly anticipated feature length film, Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie -Rebellion-, to the big screen across the US this Winter.

Aniplex of America and ELEVEN ARTS have brought several popular movie titles to theaters across the U.S. and Canada including the Puella Magi Madoka Magica Movies Part 1 -Beginnings- and Part 2 -Eternal-. Most Recently Aniplex of America and ELEVEN ARTS also announced they are bringing Blue Exorcist The Movie to U.S. theaters.

Theater locations and scheduled show times for Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie -Rebellion will be announced at a later date. For Further information about the Puella Magi Madoka Magica movie, please visit MadokaMagicaUSA.com
Old 07-18-13, 04:09 PM
WTK

via Media Blasters Facebook page
God it is so HOT here! I do not know if I will have the energy to even post tomorrow. So here you go good people for giving us the suggestion.

I know she is not the whole show but you got to love that hair!! Even though other things may get in the way of seeing it?

Yes we acquired Ladies Vs. Butlers!
LINK
Too busy looking at her...Yes we acquired it and planning on a January release...ugh.
Old 07-18-13, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ladies Vs. Butlers! looks really good, I like animes like this.
Old 07-18-13, 08:11 PM
WTK

via FUNimation.com
FUNimation acquires .hack
Thursday July 18, 2013 at 08:00 pm

Flower Mound, TX - July 18, 2013 - FUNimation Entertainment announced today during their San Diego Comic Con Panel that they have acquired the rights to the follow .hack titles:
  • .hack//SIGN
    - A prequel to the .hack video game/OVA series
  • .hack//ROOTS
  • .hack//Legend of Twilight
  • .hack//G.U. Trilogy
.hack//SIGN, .hack//ROOTS, and .hack//Legend of Twilight were directed by Koichi Mashimo (Noir, Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle) and .hack//G.U. Trilogy was directed by Hiroshi Matsuyama (director of .hack//The Movie). The action/fantasy .hack franchise follows several young players as they navigate the vast, mysterious role-playing video games set in “The World” – a place, it turns out, that is sometimes impossible to leave.

FUNimation also currently holds the rights to .hack//Quantum, which they released on BD/DVD Combo in 2012.

Last edited by WTK; 07-18-13 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-18-13, 08:24 PM
WTK

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2260031&type=1
Hey guys! I'm very happy to announce that Little Busters! WILL be receiving the Blu-ray treatment, and is expected to release in November, the same time as the DVD. Yay! :)
Old 07-24-13, 03:56 PM
WTK

Coming to DVD in 2014. RINGING BELL!
Old 07-24-13, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Little Busters is a fine show but I don't remember its animation as really being suited for BD.
Old 07-30-13, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone know if someone still holds NA distribution rights to Armored Trooper Votoms? I know Central Park Media released the sets around 2006 or 2007, but I wasn't sure if they were still around. I thought they went belly up during the crash. With all these old anime shows being released by Sentai or Discotek, I was wondering if Votoms had a chance of being released?
Old 07-30-13, 04:01 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by big e
Does anyone know if someone still holds NA distribution rights to Armored Trooper Votoms? I know Central Park Media released the sets around 2006 or 2007, but I wasn't sure if they were still around. I thought they went belly up during the crash. With all these old anime shows being released by Sentai or Discotek, I was wondering if Votoms had a chance of being released?
It's currently unlicensed in North America. SUNRISE controls the international distribution rights. It remains to be seen if this will (ever) get license rescued.
Old 08-04-13, 02:29 AM
WTK

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-UhLderbuGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AKIRA - 25th Anniversary Edition - Coming Soon - Trailer - GEEK WEEK
25th Anniversary Editon
Coming Soon
To Bu-ray & DVD

FUNimation.com/akira
Published on Aug 3, 2013

Neo-Tokyo is about to E•X•P•L•O•D•E

Akira isn't just a movie -- it's the genesis of a genre. Katsuhiro Otomo's landmark, cyberpunk classic obliterated the boundaries of animated film and forced the world to look into the future. Akira's arrival shattered traditional thinking, creating space for movies like the Matrix to be dreamed into reality. Without Kaneda and Tetsuo, without espers and psionic assassins, without that iconic motorcycle -- our world would be a far less exciting place.

The manga became the movie and the movie became a phenomenon. The world took notice. Now Akira is everywhere. If you can't see it in the streets -- if you can't feel it crawling around inside your brain -- then you have yet to be initiated.

What. Are. You. Waiting. For?

http://funimation.com
Old 08-05-13, 05:33 PM
WTK

More titles for next year! CYBERSIX complete series!
------

FATAL FURY the movie!
LINK
We are trying very hard to get a 16:9 transfer done from the negative. There's been no anamorphic release before.
Old 08-05-13, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, at the moment, it looks like lots of licenses are up for grabs. Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, and a whole bunch of others. Are Anime Works still around? I went to check the price for Armored Fleet Dairugger XV volume 3 and just about had a heart-attack. And apparently the Macross license is locked in legal limbo, presumably eternally. On a tangential note, I would very much like to buy the Domu manga, but apparently Dark Horse's rights to it expired. And apparently Urban Vision are dead and gone, the Vampire Hunter D movies go for silly sums, amongst others. Don't know what happened to Record of Loddoss War. But I suppose I'm blowing smoke, is this about properties that've dropped out of print or were never released to begin with?
Old 08-05-13, 06:25 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113
Well, at the moment, it looks like lots of licenses are up for grabs. Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, and a whole bunch of others.
Gundam properties and Cowboy Bebop goes through SUNRISE for international distribution. It has been said that SUNRISE was to release the OOP Bandai Ent licenses themselves with help of a North American distributor (like FUNimation and/or Sentai Filmworks).

Are Anime Works still around? I went to check the price for Armored Fleet Dairugger XV volume 3 and just about had a heart-attack.
They are still around. They (Media Blasters) are just releasing very little now (usually 1 per month). Last month's two Super Robot Wars releases didn't get released (with no new release date).

And apparently the Macross license is locked in legal limbo, presumably eternally.
All courtesy of Harmony Gold.

And apparently Urban Vision are dead and gone, the Vampire Hunter D movies go for silly sums, amongst others.
Yeah UV is long gone. Maybe Vampire Hunter D can be rescued one day.

Don't know what happened to Record of Loddoss War. But I suppose I'm blowing smoke, is this about properties that've dropped out of print or were never released to begin with?
It "was" license rescued by Media Blasters. But it was never released by them and the license has been dropped.
Old 08-06-13, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Why is Macross any more entangled now than it was earlier, when ADV was able to release Macross redubbed? (that is, if you're talking about the original Macross, I realize Frontier and 7 and the like are all in limbo).
Old 08-06-13, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WTK
Gundam properties and Cowboy Bebop goes through SUNRISE for international distribution. It has been said that SUNRISE was to release the OOP Bandai Ent licenses themselves with help of a North American distributor (like FUNimation and/or Sentai Filmworks).
With Bandai Visual, Pioneer, and ADV gone, it looks like tons of major titles are up for grabs. Wolf's Rain, Witch Hunter Robin, NGE, El Hazard, Fushigi Yugii, Escaflowne, Outlaw Star, Gurren Lagann, S-Cryed, Big O, Planetes, Rurouni Kenshin, Sailor Moon, Scrapped Princess, hell these are just the handful I've looked up in the past 120 seconds. The market must've tanked very, very badly pretty quickly.

All courtesy of Harmony Gold.
Carl Macek, the most-favorite man of all Western anime fans . Although there are perks to hanging around Toonzone....

Yeah UV is long gone. Maybe Vampire Hunter D can be rescued one day.
Whatever became of Manga Entertainment? The End of Evangelion movie seems to be OOP along with much of their other stuff.

It "was" license rescued by Media Blasters. But it was never released by them and the license has been dropped.
Convenient.

Originally Posted by fujishig
Why is Macross any more entangled now than it was earlier, when ADV was able to release Macross redubbed? (that is, if you're talking about the original Macross, I realize Frontier and 7 and the like are all in limbo).
Manga managed to release Macross Plus and Macross II, and at one point Animeigo apparently did a very extensive restoration of the original series, eventually re-released by ADV. Apparently, we got super lucky with that release, and Macross will come out again in the US around the same time as the Star Wars OOT and Marvelman.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.