DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Anime Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/anime-talk-72/)
-   -   Akira - Manga series. help.....please. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/anime-talk/151684-akira-manga-series-help-please.html)

aroney 10-18-01 07:46 PM

Akira - Manga series. help.....please.

I have the entire run of Akira (the epic comics version) except the very last issue (Number 38). It is very hard to find and sells for around 50-bucks. All I want is the rest of the story.

If anyone has it, I would love to be able to download it somehow. could it be scanned? I would pay for it (a reasonable price).

Its a great read but not having the very last chapter is very frustrating. Any help or ideas is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MrN 10-18-01 11:11 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Marvel never finished the story did it? In which case, you should probably pick up where Marvel left in the new Dark Horse trades, or just read the last bit in a friendly comics/book store.

aroney 10-19-01 11:52 AM

Marvel did finish the series. Issue number 38 was the last issue. I have all the issues except for the last one. Dark Horse will not be publishing the last part of the story at least until January.

As far as reading the last part in a comic store. If (and thats a big if) I could find issue 38 it's probably tacked up on the wall with a 50-dollar price tag attached to it. So far I have not even been able find a copy.

MrN 10-20-01 01:23 AM

Originally posted by aroney
Marvel did finish the series.
I stand corrected. So, the Marvel issues were all about 40+ pages long?

So far the Dark Horse TPs 1-3 have been 300 pages and 4 was 400 pages. 2 more TPs to go.

aroney 10-20-01 06:47 PM

Each Epic (Marvel) book contained about 64 pages of story. It's just a pain having read the whole story except for the very last part. I guess i will have to wait for Dark Horse to publish the last chapter.

Kudama 10-22-01 02:35 PM

Originally posted by aroney
Marvel did finish the series.
God! Remember that wait?
“Fire all missiles! Fire all…”
Then 6 years of tumbleweeds and crickets.

Aghama 10-22-01 03:13 PM

Originally posted by Kudama
God! Remember that wait?
“Fire all missiles! Fire all…”
Then 6 years of tumbleweeds and crickets.

Heh, when the last issues came out I bought them as a gift for my brother. Then promptly borrowed the whole set. :D

MVoss 07-24-09 01:30 PM

Re: Akira - Manga series. help.....please.

I didnt even know about these, going to have to hunt them down now!

fujishig 08-05-09 02:35 PM

Re: Akira - Manga series. help.....please.

I didn't realize this, but I guess Kodansha is publishing both the Akira volumes and Ghost in the Shell themselves, instead of through Dark Horse. As the Akira volumes have been OOP for a while, this is a good time to get them if you missed it the first time.