Reload this Page >

Joe Buck Live (HBO) 6/15/09 - anyone watching

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-15-09, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was a nice showup until Artie Lange wore out his welcome. Scratch him off the repeat-guest list.

Anyone else watching this? Some nice discussion with Michael Irvin and Chad OchoCinco about the media and it's omnipresence.

Will watch again .. Buck does know his stuff, and seemed genuinely caught off-guard by the crap spewing from Artie's lips. But hey, at least Artie got to plug Howard's show.
Old 06-15-09, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts
Re: Joe Buck Live (HBO) 6/15/09 - anyone watching

I recorded it. I'll watch tomorrow. Heard Artie on Stern this morning talking about it and it sort of pissed me off. The dude only knows about NY sports and pretty much talks out his ass about anything else.
Old 06-15-09, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was at the live taping tonight. Artie Lange must've been stoned or something.

Joe Buck had to have know what he was getting himself into, but he looked seriously shocked and pissed at Artie, e.g. when he started smoking. The stuff on the aftershow was even crazier.

BTW, that hyper-ventulating segment at the end was even worse in person.
Old 06-15-09, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

The Artie Lange segment was a train wreck, and Buck didn't know what to do because Artie wouldn't shut the fuck up! Don't want to spoil it, but Artie started off funny when he asked Buck what his favorite website other then TMZ was!

If I were Buck, I would have just cut Artie's microphone after he literally took over the segment as the 2 other comedians on the panel stood there stone face!
Old 06-15-09, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
The dude only knows about NY sports and pretty much talks out his ass about anything else.
Even some of his NY knowlege is sketchy. I remember him saying on the show one time how (Knick at the time) Stephon Marbury went straight to the NBA out of high school.
Old 06-15-09, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
I was at the live taping tonight. Artie Lange must've been stoned or something.

Joe Buck had to have know what he was getting himself into, but he looked seriously shocked and pissed at Artie, e.g. when he started smoking. The stuff on the aftershow was even crazier.

BTW, that hyper-ventulating segment at the end was even worse in person.
it's funny because he sounded totally haggard on the Stern show this morning. so much so, that people called up to say he sounded stoned. to me he sounded like he had a crazy binge and was fighting to stay awake.
Old 06-15-09, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Brett interview was solid.
The Wright interview was a bit fluffy.
Ocho and Irvin....pretty good.
Baseball skit....eh.

Artie and Co. are on now......(watching the rerun).

"TMZ is your favorite website? What is your second....SuckingCock.com?!"
Old 06-15-09, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you gotta love a show thats rated tv-pg with this much fucks and shits
Old 06-16-09, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I saw the Artie segment on youtube and I thought it was just brutal. I remember him saying on Howard a few months back how he didn't get why everybody thought Paul Rudd was a funny guy. Maybe that just added more fuel to the fire of trying to be an asshole in this appearance.

edit: Watched the overtime segment. That was even more of a train wreck. Artie was such a douche mentioning he would be making 80k this weekend.

Last edited by outcastja; 06-16-09 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-16-09, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk God

So Artie was talking about the appearance on Stern this morning. He said the show was boring and really started doing the schtick to liven up the show. He said Joe Buck thanked him afterward and said it was an awesome appearance. He said Paul Rudd told him his appearance was legendary. So then, Buck comes out and blasts Artie yesterday and said Artie basically took over the show without his knowledge. Either this is a very elaborate deal where Buck and Artie were in cahoots about this, or one of them is lying. I tend to believe Buck over Artie, sadly.
Old 06-16-09, 12:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Even some of his NY knowlege is sketchy. I remember him saying on the show one time how (Knick at the time) Stephon Marbury went straight to the NBA out of high school.
Well that's an easy mistake to make. I know he went to Ga. Tech for a year but I can let that mistake slide a little.
Old 06-16-09, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk God

so got to watch this and the overtime segment (thanks Deadspin!). the regular segment wasn't all that bad. the overtime one was horrible. artie really got his ass handed to him by joe and jason. i used to like artie but now he just rehashes the same material over and over and it's boring.
Old 06-16-09, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The show should be re-named, "Joe Fuck Live"

Last edited by mcnabb; 06-16-09 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-16-09, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I would like to watch this, but the only listing on my dvr is for HBO Latino (and I believe everything is dubbed). Anyone know when or how I can see this?
Old 06-16-09, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I can't stand Artie.

I loved him right when he first came on Stern, but he just says the same stuff over and over. I remember making the mistake of seeing his standup once - it was the exact same crap he spews on the show. I'm not sure what he would have to talk about the last month if it wasn't for Gary's first pitch..

I don't get how Stern and the rest of the crew were so supportive of him this am, he makes all of them look bad by association.

Bring Jackie back already
Old 06-16-09, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 601 Likes on 486 Posts

Is this online or will they repeat it (which I doubt)?
Old 06-16-09, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Is this online or will they repeat it (which I doubt)?
HBO will repeat it again, as it was on at 6PM tonight. The strange thing was they bleeped out all of Artie's curses on the repeat. Isn't this HBO????
Old 06-16-09, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 601 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
HBO will repeat it again, as it was on at 6PM tonight. The strange thing was they bleeped out all of Artie's curses on the repeat. Isn't this HBO????
I heard it was rated TV-PG.
Old 06-16-09, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they will prob make it the regular version either late at night or on demand. I assume they didn't bleep Brett Farve saying 'shit'.
Old 06-16-09, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So Artie was talking about the appearance on Stern this morning. He said the show was boring and really started doing the schtick to liven up the show. He said Joe Buck thanked him afterward and said it was an awesome appearance. He said Paul Rudd told him his appearance was legendary. So then, Buck comes out and blasts Artie yesterday and said Artie basically took over the show without his knowledge. Either this is a very elaborate deal where Buck and Artie were in cahoots about this, or one of them is lying. I tend to believe Buck over Artie, sadly.
I wonder if Paul Rudd thought Artie throwing his cigarette in his cup was legendary. Paul was about to drink it too, Artie had to stop him realizing he fucked up.

Artie vs Mad Dog today.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xfVsOBrPXYw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xfVsOBrPXYw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R6goJBixn-4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R6goJBixn-4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/skG0HFfJaXg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/skG0HFfJaXg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TEDIU4HFa20&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TEDIU4HFa20&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by outcastja; 06-16-09 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-17-09, 12:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, i learned one thing. funny guys like rudd are only funny when they are reading a script. being funny in a movie doesn't mean you are a comedian. artie, like norm macdonald, chris rock, andrew dice clay, ect.. are funny as hell live. rudd and that other dude were boring. especially rudd. i'm sure joe buck and his producer knew what they were getting into when they signed artie on as a guest. artie will always be artie.
Old 06-17-09, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Son of Odin
well, i learned one thing. funny guys like rudd are only funny when they are reading a script. being funny in a movie doesn't mean you are a comedian. artie, like norm macdonald, chris rock, andrew dice clay, ect.. are funny as hell live. rudd and that other dude were boring. especially rudd. i'm sure joe buck and his producer knew what they were getting into when they signed artie on as a guest. artie will always be artie.
Rudd and Jason couldn't really do much since Artie was taking over the segment (like he's been known to do even on Stern's celebrity interviews). I've seen Rudd and Jason on other talk shows and they aren't as funny as stand up comedians but they do have a good sense of humor and make good appearances. If you watched the OT special, Jason slammed Artie pretty well for being up Howard's ass. Artie could only comeback with how much money he's going to make in a weekend while Jason only made $11 at SNL

But like others mentioned here, most of the shit Artie said on Buck is recycled material, so all he's doing is his act which gets stale when you hear it for the sixth and seventh time.
Old 06-17-09, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Both of their statements can be true. Buck likely was/is annoyed at Artie for his behavior. But at the same time hes a smart guy. He knows that Artie's antics are garnering vastly more interest in his show than it would have gotten otherwise. I for one wouldnt have watched that show in a million years because I find Buck about as compelling as a ball of lint. But because of Artie's shenanigans I watched. Buck also knows by him continuing to harp on it and seem angry will garner more pub and keep the story going longer than if he laughed it off and said "I thought Artie was great".
Old 06-17-09, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anybody hear them talking about this again on Stern today?

Clearly Howard, Robin etc. are embarrassed by the whole thing and were only being supportive yesterday cause they feel they're dealing with a mess of a guy who might do something stupid if he gets overly depressed about it.

Today it sounded like they were doing an intervention practically.

I think Artie should take a break from the show and his book tour etc. Clearly he's just trying to chase down every penny hoping to makeup for something eating him up inside. Also, he's quickly growing bigger then the show in his opinion.
Old 06-17-09, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Would 'Joe Buck Live' have gotten 24 replies in this thread if Artie wasn't on?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.