Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone sold used stuff to MX123.com before?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-14-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it safe?
Old 10-14-07, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I did, about a year or so ago. Communication was non-existent, but they did send me a check for the correct amount.
Old 10-14-07, 11:33 PM
X
Administrator

Received 149 Likes on 120 Posts
We had 3 shills for them last year which tends to form my opinion of them.
Old 10-15-07, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've used them more than once, and it's been a perfect experience every single time. I also recommend .com if you want another site that actually pays cash instead of just trade credit like DVDPlanet offers. For both MX123 and I've received the payments within one week or less from the day that I mail out the package of DVDs each time (PayPal payment).

Last edited by Brent L; 10-15-07 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-15-07, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have used them...no problems...
Old 10-16-07, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Are these the 3 shills you talking about?
Old 06-09-09, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts
Re: Anyone sold used stuff to MX123.com before?

Has anyone here recently conducted any transactions with this company?
Would like to hear your feedback.
Old 06-10-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, back in 07 when I posted the above message it was fine to use them, but I wouldn't recommend them at all anymore. I'm not sure what happened exactly, but my cousin used them last year or so and it was horrible. He sent stuff to them, didn't hear back for months and months, and when he was finally able to talk to them they had this huge long story about how they had major problems. Then, when they sent him the money for his items, since months had went by they gave him less than what he was originally quoted all those months before because they dropped their prices considerably on tons of items.

I haven't used them since 07, and I know my cousin wouldn't ever recommend them again.

I'll show him this thread and see if he'll give more details here pretty soon.
Old 06-11-09, 09:09 PM
Defunct Account

I used them recently, within the last month. I sent off a group of discs and they paid promptly for what I sent it, but the did deduct $3 for "buffing" 6 discs. They never said which discs needed buffing, but I'm pretty anal about taking care of my discs and I checked them before I sent them off. I didn't see any scratches or fingerprints on any of them. I was a bit miffed, but since most of the discs I sent in got a very good price (some equal to the lowest 'like new' price on Half.com) I wasn't too upset.
Old 06-11-09, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good God, this is insane:

http://www.mx123.com/sell_item_details.php?id=1867382

If anyone finds that at Big Lots for $3...well, just saying.
Old 09-22-09, 07:18 PM

New here, but I saw your question and thought I'd chime in -

I have sold to mx123 twice before - and will never again. As has been previously stated, they NEVER reply to emails. My first order had 2 problems with UPC codes that I KNOW I checked beforehand to make sure they were the same as on their site. Apparently they thought otherwise, and only credited me about 1/10th of what the DVDs were worth.

So, ok, MAYBE my mistake the first time. So I tried them again a month or so later, and the same thing happened - this time on 1 DVD that I sold to them for $17.00 ("DNA"). I know for a fact that the UPC codes matched up as I double and triple checked every single DVD I sold them prior to shipment. But lo and behold, they credited me $0.20 for a $17.00 DVD.

This time I was pissed, emailed them saying that if I was only being credited $0.20, I wanted the DVD back - never got a response. So I called the number (over the next 2-3 days as they never picked up), and I explained the situation and they said that they would send it back at no charge.

So I was satisfied, though I didn't completely believe them based on my prior experiences. Well, now 2-3 weeks later, still no DVD. So I called today, actually talked to someone who sounded like they knew what I was talking about, and he said he would email me tonight. Well, he did, and here is what he said:

"The item we received in your sell order was upc# 057373152683. The item you selected to sell in your sell order was upc# 096009266493. These are different items. The item you sold is unloactable right now. I would gladly locate it and return the item to you if i could but i can't.

Sorry about your disappointment.
chris"

Obviously, this made me livid as I know for a fact that I sent the correct DVD with the correct code. That, on top of them saying that they pretty much lost my DVD and that I am shit outta luck...

I am currently awaiting their "re"response...
Old 11-05-09, 06:31 PM

I am Chris from MX123. DVDEXPO: This problem will never occur if you enter your items by UPC. Sometimes there maybe two barcodes issued for the same item. When we process orders we maximize efficiency by scanning each barcode to call up prices. Since the title of both your UPCs you referenced was "DNA" I am positive you instead searched by TITLE. We suggest always searching by UPC if possible to avoid this issue.

I apologize this has to be aired in this private forum. If anybody has any other comments your are welcome to leave a comment on our blog.
Old 09-05-15, 01:31 AM

This company gave me an estimate of $290 for a great-conditioned item. When they received the item, they decided that they did not want to pay that price and claimed that it was in poor condition. I was outraged, and sent them the photos that I took beforehand to prove that the disk was in nearly pristine condition. I received the disk in the mail, it was STILL in pristine condition. . They insisted that the disk was not fit for sale, and sent it back to me.They do not honor their sales estimates. I suggest that you do not send your disks to this coalition of scammers and liars.
Old 09-05-15, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by carollbert
This company gave me an estimate of $290 for a great-conditioned item. When they received the item, they decided that they did not want to pay that price and claimed that it was in poor condition. I was outraged, and sent them the photos that I took beforehand to prove that the disk was in nearly pristine condition. I received the disk in the mail, it was STILL in pristine condition. . They insisted that the disk was not fit for sale, and sent it back to me.They do not honor their sales estimates. I suggest that you do not send your disks to this coalition of scammers and liars.
Items sent.
Old 09-12-15, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by carollbert
There is just too much risk selling a DVD at that price to a service like MX123. It's a service you only use for DVDs under $20 or $30 at most.

Checking out their website, they have a blog entry from last year detailing that secondary media prices were declining pretty fast in 2014.