Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection - 5/12/09

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 02-16-09, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Per The Digital Bits:

As we noted up front, Paramount will release the 6-film Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection on Blu-ray Disc on May 12th (SRP $104.99). We've confirmed that the set will include the original theatrical editions of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Note that this will mark the first time that the theatrical editions of Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country have been released on either DVD or Blu-ray Disc. The Original Motion Picture Collection will include an exclusive Star Trek: The Captains' Summit bonus disc in HD as well (more on that in a minute). All the films have been digitally remastered in high-definition. Star Trek II has undergone additional restoration work starting with the original film elements in a process similar to the recent Godfather restoration.

The studio will also release the 3-film Star Trek: Motion Picture Trilogy box set on both DVD and Blu-ray Disc the same day (SRP $29.99 and $48.99 respectively). The Trilogy set will include the "Genesis arc" films, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.

The Blu-rays will feature audio in English 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, French 2.0 Dolby Surround and Spanish Mono, with English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. The DVD versions will feature audio in English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX, French 2.0 Dolby Surround and Portuguese and Spanish Mono, with English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. The packaging for both sets is Amaray "thin packs" with a cardboard slipcase.

Here's a look at the special features you'll find on the Blu-ray versions of each movie disc (it's over 14 hours of bonus content in all, including 2½ hours of all-new material)...
Spoiler:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture will include new audio commentary by Michael & Denise Okuda, Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens and Daren Dochterman, 3 HD featurettes (The Longest Trek: Writing the Motion Picture, Special Star Trek Reunion and Starfleet Academy: The Mystery Behind V'ger), deleted scenes, storyboards, trailers (in HD), TV spots, BD-Java Library Computer access and the Star Trek I.Q. BD-Live feature.

Missing from the previous 2-disc DVD release are the Director's Edition of the film, the Robert Wise group audio commentary, the Okuda text commentary (though this could be included in the Library Computer access feature), 3 featurettes (Phase II: The Lost Enterprise, A Bold New Enterprise and Redirecting the Future), and the Director's Edition trailer. Presumably, these will be included on a future Director's Edition Blu-ray release.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan will include audio commentary with director Nicholas Meyer, a new commentary by Meyer and Manny Coto, 4 HD featurettes (James Horner: Composing Genesis, A Tribute to Ricardo Montalban, Collecting Star Trek's Movie Relics and Starfleet Academy: The Mystery Behind Ceti Alpha VI), 4 SD featurettes (Captain's Log, Designing Khan, Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Visual Effects of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and The Star Trek Universe: A Novel Approach), original interviews with DeForest Kelley, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and Ricardo Montalban, storyboards, the theatrical trailer (in HD), BD-Java Library Computer access and the Star Trek I.Q. BD-Live feature.

Missing from the previous 2-disc DVD release is the Extended Director's Edition of the film, the extended commentary with Meyer, and the Okuda text commentary (though this could be included in the Library Computer access feature). Presumably, these will be included on a future Director's Edition release on Blu-ray.

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock will include audio commentary by director Leonard Nimoy, writer/producer Harve Bennett, director of photography Charles Correll and Robin Curtis, a new commentary by Ronald D. Moore and Michael Taylor, 3 HD featurettes (Industrial Light & Magic: The Visual Effects of Star Trek, Spock: The Early Years and Star Trek and the Science Fiction Museum Hall of Fame), 6 SD featurettes (Captain's Log, Space Docks and Birds of Prey, Speaking Klingon, Klingon and Vulcan Costumes, Terraforming and the Prime Directive and Starfleet Academy: The Mystery Behind the Vulcan Katra Transfer), storyboards, photo galleries, the theatrical trailer (in HD), BD-Java Library Computer access and the Star Trek I.Q. BD-Live feature.

Missing from the previous 2-disc DVD release is the Okuda text commentary (though this could be included in the Library Computer access feature).

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home will include audio commentary by William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy, a new commentary by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, 4 HD featurettes (Pavel Chekov's Screen Moments, The Three-Picture Saga, Star Trek for a Cause and Starfleet Academy: The Whale Probe), 12 SD featurettes (Time Travel: The Art of the Possible, The Language of Whales, A Vulcan Primer, Kirk's Women, Future's Past: A Look Back, On Location, Dailies Deconstruction, Below-the-Line: Sound Design, From Outer Space to the Ocean, The Bird of Prey, Roddenberry Scrapbook and Featured Artist: Mark Lenard), original interviews with Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner and DeForest Kelley, a production gallery, storyboards, the theatrical trailer (in HD), BD-Java Library Computer access and the Star Trek I.Q. BD-Live feature.

Missing from the previous 2-disc DVD is the Okuda text commentary (though this could be included in the Library Computer access feature).

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier will include audio commentary by William Shatner and Liz Shatner, a new commentary by Michael & Denise Okuda and Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens and Daren Dochterman, 3 HD featurettes (Star Trek Honors NASA, Hollywood Walk of Fame: James Doohan and Starfleet Academy: Nimbus III), 11 SD featurettes (Herman Zimmerman: A Tribute, Original Interview: William Shatner, Cosmic Thoughts, That Klingon Couple, A Green Future?, Harve Bennett's Pitch to the Sales Team, The Journey: A Behind-the-Scenes Documentary, Makeup Tests, Pre-Visualization Models, Rock Man in the Raw and Star Trek V Press Conference), deleted scenes, a production gallery, storyboards, theatrical trailers (in HD), TV spots, BD-Java Library Computer access and the Star Trek I.Q. BD-Live feature.

Missing from the previous 2-disc DVD is the Okuda text commentary (though this could be included in the Library Computer access feature).

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country will include audio commentary by director Nicholas Meyer and screenwriter Denny Martin Flinn, a new commentary by Larry Nemecek and Ira Steven Behr, 3 HD featurettes (Tom Morga: Alien Stuntman, To Be or Not to Be: Klingons and Shakespeare and Starfleet Academy: Praxis), 6 SD Stories from Star Trek VI featurettes (It Started with a Story, Prejudice, Director Nicholas Meyer, Shakespeare & General Chang, Bring it to Life and Farewell & Goodbye), 8 additional SD featurettes (Conversations with Nicholas Meyer, Klingons: Conjuring the Legend, Federation Operatives, Penny's Toy Box, Together Again, The Perils of Peacemaking, DeForest Kelley: A Tribute and Original Cast Interviews), footage of the 1991 Convention Presentation by Nicholas Meyer, a production gallery, storyboards, trailers (in HD), BD-Java Library Computer access and the Star Trek I.Q. BD-Live feature.

Missing from the previous 2-disc DVD is the Extended Version of the film, the extended commentary with Meyer, and the Okuda text commentary (though this could be included in the Library Computer access feature). Presumably, these will be included on a future Extended Edition release on Blu-ray.

Finally, the Star Trek: The Captains' Summit bonus disc (in HD) will include a 70-minute exclusive roundtable discussion, hosted by Whoopi Goldberg, in which William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes share candid moments and intimate details about life on the set.

Last edited by Mr. Cinema; 02-16-09 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-16-09, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection - 5/12/09

While I'm definitely disappointed that it won't be the "end all, be all" set we had hoped for (seamless branching for I, II and VI, all existing special features along with new ones, full restorations for all the earlier films, possible new version for V), this is still very impressive. I look forward to getting this set!
Old 02-16-09, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This looks like a spectacular set. That's a great list price too.
Old 02-16-09, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Digital Bits also mentions we'll likely get a Generation Set of the last 4 when the new film hits BD. And they may also release a massive 11-movie set at that time as well.
Old 02-16-09, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

Looks good. I'm impressed Paramount is able to release something Star Trek that has a reasonable price, and in a simple box
Old 02-16-09, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice looking set, but without the EE of I and II, and the loss of some of the 2-disc set bonus features, I'll wait until a definitive set is released before upgrading.
Old 02-16-09, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,676 Likes on 1,846 Posts

Looks like a good, solid set.

The price isn't bad either; $105 SRP for six Blu-ray movies isn't bad at all.

I even like the box art.
Old 02-16-09, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I would have said that I'd only want the second and fourth movies, but...

7.1 AUDIO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?

Okay, I'm probably beaming this shit up. Amazon should have it for ~$70, maybe less.

Weird that no TV spots appear on II, III, IV, and VI, considering I've seen them all over YouTube. Hence, only the worst ones in the series get them.
Old 02-16-09, 01:47 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I'm confused...is this all 6 films or 2 sets of 3 each? It says both.
Old 02-16-09, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I'm confused...is this all 6 films or 2 sets of 3 each? It says both.
I think it says you can have 2 flavors:

All the Original movies, 1-6
-or-
The "Genesis" Arc, 2-4.

However it doesn't say that you can get 1,5,6 together (not sure why that would make sense) or any of the movies individually.
Old 02-16-09, 02:08 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by pinata242
I think it says you can have 2 flavors:

All the Original movies, 1-6
-or-
The "Genesis" Arc, 2-4.

However it doesn't say that you can get 1,5,6 together (not sure why that would make sense) or any of the movies individually.
Oh...gotcha. I had no idea they had arcs like that.
Old 02-16-09, 04:38 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

II, III, and IV essentially are one long story. I, V, and VI are standalone. I really have no need for I and V, but that Captain's Summit disc, plus the lack of individual releases (meaning no way for me to get VI) and the relatively low price means I will probably be picking the full set up.
Old 02-16-09, 04:42 PM
Suspended

I'm so in for the boxset and Season One. Have yet to watch any of the films or the TV show...so I'll be a total Star Trek virgin. Bet that's not the first time 'star trek virgin' has appeared in the same sentence
Old 02-16-09, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm a little disappointed with the lack the director's editions of I, II, and VI, but will probably get the box set anyway. What exactly is the difference between the theatrical and director's editions of I, II, and VI?
Old 02-16-09, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Very nice. Will be adding this to the collection.
Old 02-16-09, 05:13 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is from IMDB.

Star Trek TMP:
# On 6 November 2001, a Director's Edition supervised by Robert Wise was released on DVD and wide-screen VHS, running 136 minutes. New CGI elements were made to several scenes by Foundation Imaging:

* The landscape of Vulcan was changed to include a yellowish sky and new landscape featuring massive statues. All other footage was tinted gold.
* The matte painting of the Golden Gate Bridge in the scene where Kirk arrives at Starfleet Headquarters was replaced by a new CGI scene that shows Kirk's shuttle arriving at Starfleet. It is actually slightly longer than the original version.
* The matte painting of Starfleet Command was improved with CGI effects, including an original series shuttle launched in the background.
* In a close-up shot when Kirk first sees the new Enterprise from his shuttle, image of the ship was superimposed over Kirk's face as a reflection in the shuttle's window.
* After Kirk leaves the bridge a short conversation between Sulu, Uhura and an alien officer was inserted.
* A newly shot scene with a female officer on the transporter room informing Kirk that Dr. McCoy "refused to step into the platform" was inserted before the Doctor beams up.
* A new CGI shot of the Earth is shown on the view screen when the Enterprise leaves the planet.
* A new CGI effect showing one of the Enterprise's nacelles was inserted into the window when Kirk, Spock and McCoy talks on the observation deck.
* A new CGI shot was inserted which shows V'Ger's second energy torpedo vanishing before it could strike the Enterprise.
* The energy probe that invades the bridge now approaches in a CGI exterior shot.
* A new CGI shot shows the V'Ger vessel entering Earth orbit.
* The scene in which Chekov burns his hand is much longer and shows Lt. Ilia healing him with her emphatic powers instead of Nurse Chapel.
* The walk to V'Ger was totally redone. There is now a walkway that materializes out of thin air, compared to the endless "field" in the original version.
* The Enterprise's voyage to the center of V'Ger is slightly extended. It has a scene of Spock sharing a tear "for V'Ger" and Scotty ordered to self-destruct the ship if the landing party is unsuccessful.
* The small black "empty matte" in the window when Decker and Ilia confront each other in the recreation deck was replaced with a CGI shot of the V'Ger cloud interior.
* The final V'Ger explosion was slightly extended. The shot from the original version remained intact, but a new element of the vessel imploding its energy for the explosion was added.
* New opening titles were commissioned for the opening of the film. The opening titles now have a slight fading effect and are now seen over a background of stars. The text is colored a bright gold, compared to the original version's white.
* The explosion in the wormhole was redone. There is now an exterior shot of the asteroid exploding and the wormhole disintegrating. Additionally, the viewfinder in the next shot is enhanced to show sparks and debris.
* The final message to the audience, "The human adventure is just beginning", was altered. In the original version, the star field cuts away to a blank title card showing the text. In the Director's Edition, the star field was extended by a few seconds to allow the text, colored bright gold, to fade into the picture.
* The end credits were slightly altered. The text, as with the opening titles and the final "human adventure" text, was changed color, from white to a bright gold. Additionally, the music was slightly extended to add new Director's Edition credits. In addition to the new CGI, some other changes were made:
* An all-new sound mix was commissioned, keeping the music and dialog intact, and adding new effects for almost all scenes. For example, Enterprise Computer voice alarms are now replaced with klaxon sirens, the lightning effects have new echoes, and a blend of Enterprise bridge sound effects from the original _"Star Trek"_ (1966), _Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan_ (1982), and _Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country_ (1991) have been added into the background of scenes taking place on the bridge. The new mix is in Dolby 5.1 EX Surround.
* The footage from 1979 was digitally restored and remastered, and combined with the new CGI elements.
* The opening overture has been restored to its full length. It is also played over a CGI star field.
* A slight dialog alteration was made: In the 1979 and 1983 versions, the V'Ger cloud is said to be "over 82 AUs in diameter" which equals 7.626 billion miles across- much too large for the Enterprise to realistically travel to the heart of the cloud at sub-warp speeds within a reasonable length of time. For the Director's Edition, the Epsilon commander's dialog was altered so that the cloud is now said to be a (somewhat) more reasonable "over 2 AUs", or 186 million miles.
* The producers of the Director's Cut submitted the film for re-rating by the MPAA, hoping for a PG rating rather than the original G rating which they believed carried a negative association; the basis for the higher rating was the intensified soundtrack.

# Edits made to the Director's Edition from the 1979 theatrical cut:

* Some of the Klingon vessel footage at the beginning of the film is trimmed. Specifically, when the Klingon captain is sitting in his chair, and when the Klingon captain asks for a visual.
* In the same scene, a large amount of footage from the Epsilon 9 station is cut, i.e. the computer relaying information.
* After the transporter accident, Kirk's line of "Oh, my God" is cut.
* Some of the briefing footage is trimmed.
* Decker's reaction to Ilia's presence aboard the ship is trimmed by 1 second.
* A shot of an Enterprise instrument powering down is cut and replaced with a shortened version of the Ilia/Decker exchange.
* Some of the wormhole explosion reaction shots have been trimmed/cut. Chekov's line "We're out of it" is cut.
* The shot of Kirk leaving for the Bridge as the Enterprise enters the V'Ger cloud is trimmed.
* After Chekov burns his hand, some footage is re-arranged, cut or replaced.
* Sulu's remark about the durability of the shields after the torpedo hits the Enterprise is cut.
* A large amount of shots of V'Ger's interior are trimmed to speed up the pace.
* After Ilia's capture by V'Ger, some footage relating to the Enterprise's being held by a tractor beam is trimmed/cut.
* When Spock arms his thruster pack, the computer relays instructions to him on how to use it. This is completely cut.
* Spock's sickbay scene is slightly trimmed.
* When the vessel approaches Earth, some footage is trimmed/cut. Also, some footage of Kirk reasoning with the probe is cut.
* A shot of the Ilia-probe turning her head near V'Ger is trimmed.

Star Trek II:
A "Director's Edition" of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan was released on DVD in August 2002, which features three minutes of footage not in the theatrical release: (NOTE: The Director's Edition does NOT use the ABC-TV version of Kirk and Saavik's conversation in the turbolift, which was more "steamy" and used close-ups (instead of one long "master" shot). Also, unlike, the ABC-TV version, all "Ceti eel" scenes are NOT edited for content.)

* Expanded conversation between Kirk and McCoy in Kirk's apartment about his birthday gift, the glasses. Also, McCoy now says "For most patients your age, I'd usually administer Retinax Five". This is an alternate take, since in the theatrical version, he says "recommend" instead of "administer" (Seen in ABC-TV version).
* Conversation between Kirk and Midshipman Preston in the Enterprise engine room, with Scotty revealing that Preston is his nephew. Also, the "take" at the scene's end with Kirk addressing Scott and McCoy asking "Admiral, what about the rest of the inspection?" is different from the one seen in the theatrical version. Kirk's dialogue is also slightly different. (Seen in ABC-TV version).
* The scene where Chekov informs Dr. Marcus and her team about their new "orders" via com-pic has been expanded. Carol Marcus now asks "Who gave the order", and the mind-controlled Chekov dances around the answer a bit before David says, "Pin him down, mother" (Seen in ABC-TV version).
* The scene where the scientists at Regula One argue about Starfleet's "order" is a different take, and has been expanded at the end to show Carol Marcus telling everyone to pack their things up so they can depart before the Reliant arrives. (Seen in ABC-TV version).
* McCoy and Spock's argument about Genesis in Kirk's cabin has been slightly expanded. They discuss what might happen if Genesis fell into the wrong hands, and whose hands are the "right" ones. Kirk attempts to break the two up, but Spock cuts him off with a comeback to McCoy (Seen in ABC-TV version).
* Preston's death in Sickbay has been expanded. Preston now says "Aye" and dies in close-up (instead of in the medium shot with Preston's back to the camera and the others visible around the table seen in the theatrical version) Scotty asks why Khan wants revenge. McCoy's line, "I'm sorry Scotty" now comes in the middle of the scene, instead of at the end. After Spock informs Kirk via intercom that impulse power is restored, McCoy and Kirk talk a bit longer, and Kirk says they only survived because he knew something Khan didn't about starships (Seen in ABC-TV version).
* An added shot of Kirk, Spock and Saavik climbing a ladder between decks has been added, in which Kirk says, "That young man is my son", and Spock replies, "Fascinating". Also, the music in the scene has been "looped" to account for this added shot, but it "loops" at an earlier point than in the ABC-TV version. This makes the music flow better, instead of repeating the same bit of music twice in succession.
* An extension occurs as the Enterprise approaches the Mutara Nebula. Saavik wonders if Reliant will follow them in, and Spock states that he must remember to teach her about the human ego. The music is "looped" at a different point than in the ABC-TV version to accommodate this extension, and it is thus much less distracting.

Star Trek VI:
# The original theatrical release (U.S.) did not include the portion of the scene in the Federation President's office where Col. West outlined his plan to rescue Kirk & McCoy. Also at the climax of the film, the bit where the Klingon assassin is revealed to be none other than Col. West was not included.

# The original ending credits, after the sign-off, has a blue/white background with a Starfleet Logo as a watermark. The left side was blue with white lettering, and the right side was white with blue lettering.

# Additional inclusions for home video include extra dialog for Spock in the top brass meeting and a scene where Scotty verifies torpedo inventory, Valaris mentions the Chancelor's daughter has succeeded her dead father (she heard it on "the news") and Scotty mentions that the daughter never cried over the death of her father. Spock also mentions that Klingons have no tear ducts.

# The Special Collector's Edition DVD includes all the new scenes from the home video releases, and a few new minor changes to certain scenes and effects exclusive to this DVD.

* When Martia gets shot, a disruption sound effect is removed to make her scream more apparent.
* There is a new wide shot of Scotty reading the blueprints of the Enterprise in the dining hall.
* Valeris's interrogation scene has been entirely reedited. There are now close up shots of Kirk and McCoy when they speak their lines instead of being in wide shots. When Spock and Valeris name a particular conspirator, the face of that person briefly appears in a flashback like style.
Old 02-17-09, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm getting too old for all this. No doubt they'll re-release all these with the longer cuts. And, I really rather have Wise's final cut of the first one. I'm glad Trek is coming out, still Blu is too pricey for double and triple dips. I don't know what to do so I guess I'll wait for either an amazing sale or the eventual re-releases.
Old 02-17-09, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm getting season 1 and waiting for a good price for the box set.
Old 02-17-09, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks good, but the lack of the directors versions is BS. I will be waiting for a big sale on this if I ever get around to purchasing it.

Waiting would be fine to get the better release they are no doubt holding on to for later.
Old 02-17-09, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 457 Likes on 335 Posts

I'll get TOS Season 1, but I'm holding off on the movies on Blu Ray until they put out the extended/director's cuts of 1, 2, and 6. While I enjoyed the theatrical cuts when they came out I much prefer the director's cuts and don't have any interest in going backwards to inferior versions.
Old 02-17-09, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by B5Erik
I'll get TOS Season 1, but I'm holding off on the movies on Blu Ray until they put out the extended/director's cuts of 1, 2, and 6. While I enjoyed the theatrical cuts when they came out I much prefer the director's cuts and don't have any interest in going backwards to inferior versions.
I could live with the theatrical cuts of 2 and 6...while I prefer the extended cuts, the theatrical versions of those two are still excellent films....
However, The Motion Picture was not a great film in its original theatrical presentation, and was horribly rushed by Paramount with poor/unfinished effects and not a final edit that Wise was happy about....while the director's edition didn't magically turn TMP into a fantastic flick, it did greatly improve on what was there before, and it is a real shame that Paramount didn't have the foresight to make an HD master for the future....
It also makes NO SENSE why they are dropping two of the three featurettes from the original release for this one...only "Redirecting The Future" was specifically about the new (at that time) director's edition, the other two were not and should have been kept....
Anyway, it sucks to have to keep all these old DVD releases around....I don't understand why studios can't just please the customers and stop dropping the previously released material! (Well, I do understand actually, it's called the old double dip, which WILL happen, you can count on it!)
Old 02-17-09, 10:10 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah
I would have said that I'd only want the second and fourth movies, but...

7.1 AUDIO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?

Okay, I'm probably beaming this shit up. Amazon should have it for ~$70, maybe less.

Weird that no TV spots appear on II, III, IV, and VI, considering I've seen them all over YouTube. Hence, only the worst ones in the series get them.

my jaw dropped too at that news.
Old 02-17-09, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think the only reason that Star Trek The Motion Picture isn't the final Wise cut with additional effects is that they were rendered for 480P. Cost cutting no doubt.
Old 02-17-09, 09:48 PM

My favorite review of the director's cut of the first movie versus the original is that it sucks less. It is, also, the only one I want now so I'm not out for this set.
Old 02-18-09, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I'm getting season 1 and waiting for a good price for the box set.
Has season 1 been announced for Blu?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.