DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC Wonder Woman DVD trailer

Looks cool, comes out Feb 09.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810036252/video/9069462
Old 08-05-08, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Here's the preview. I think it's on the Gotham Knight DVD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOtty...eature=related
Old 08-05-08, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting cast!

Keri Russell, Nathan Fillion, Rosario Dawson, Alfred Molina and Virginia Madsen.
Old 08-05-08, 11:17 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah, I saw this thing a few days ago. I thought it was a live-action Wonder Woman film teaser or something. I was thinking...bullshit. When I saw the preview I just closed the tab, nothing important...ha.
Old 12-03-08, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Comes out March 3rd, artwork and specs:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...r-woman12.html
Old 02-18-09, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: DC Wonder Woman DVD trailer

I picked up the one-disk dvd today. This movie is truly awesome! It's the best Wonder Woman interpretation ever, better than anything from the comic, the old tv show, and it's even better than how they did Wonder Woman in Justice League. Fans of Wonder Woman will be very happy with the characters that pop up in the flick! And it's an awesomely done origin movie as well.

If you want to know which character pops up at the end of the movie, check this spoiler:
Spoiler:
CHEETAH

It's a shame that this wasn't a live-action movie, because this exact screenplay would be excellent. It's probably the best written animated film out of all the recent Marvel and DC animated films.

The director, Lauren Montgomery, is very good - I hope she gets a chance to do a live-action superhero movie or an action movie. She also directed the DC Superman Doomsday film, which was also pretty good. The director is a Wonder Woman as well - I can't think of too many other young female action directors:

The DVD quality is great too - anamorphic widescreen and a very active DD 5.1 surround sound.

DC knows how to work a PG-13 rating better than the PG-13 Marvel animated films - it's called better writing, not just more blood.

MOVIE: 9
DVD VIDEO: 9
DVD AUDIO: 9

Last edited by toddly6666; 02-18-09 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-18-09, 09:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Superman/Doomsday was a piece of crap. If you read the entire Death/Return saga, you know that WB animation shitted on this release, beside the fact that the animation looked completely cheap and incoherent. The last Marvel release, Hulk vs Wolverine is incredibly good and much better than the Superman 2 direct to DVD features. By the way I'm a DC fan and to me the standard of comic animation is the Paul Dini Batman Animated Series- Superman-Batman Beyond-JL-JLU series. I was hoping that these direct to DVD features were as good as the the Dini series, but so far I've been disappointed with all of them, including The New Frontier, which was a 5 out of 10.
Old 02-18-09, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
Well Superman/Doomsday was a piece of crap. If you read the entire Death/Return saga, you know that WB animation shitted on this release, beside the fact that the animation looked completely cheap and incoherent. The last Marvel release, Hulk vs Wolverine is incredibly good and much better than the Superman 2 direct to DVD features. By the way I'm a DC fan and to me the standard of comic animation is the Paul Dini Batman Animated Series- Superman-Batman Beyond-JL-JLU series. I was hoping that these direct to DVD features were as good as the the Dini series, but so far I've been disappointed with all of them, including The New Frontier, which was a 5 out of 10.
Yeah, I read the Superman/Doomsday saga - the movie did their own short-ass version...They shouldn't have even made a movie into that one since the book isn't that impressive. If DC is smart, they will adapt one of the Alex Ross books as animated film....Well, you should be pleased with this new one. I don't know how you aren't going to not like Wonder Woman. You should be impressed with this one if you liked Hulk vs. Wolverine.
Old 02-18-09, 10:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool. I actually would actually don't mind if DC started doing direct to DVD of single edition graphic novels, such as the Elseworld tales and stories on Batman.
Old 02-18-09, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

They have, that's what New Frontier was. There was talk of them doing The Judas Contract before it was decided Teen Titans wasn't a well known enough property.
Old 02-19-09, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm really looking forward to Green Lantern.
Old 02-26-09, 01:03 AM

Just found that Bestbuy Canada is getting an exclusive version with a figure like the Green Latern figure with New Frontier:

Also comes in BluRay. I would expect Bestbuy US will get it also..
Later
Old 02-26-09, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Best buy in the states will be having the same exclusive. Both Blu-ray and Standard edition.
Old 02-27-09, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

I had no idea this was coming out until i stumbled upon a commercial for it by accident. Going to have to check it out.
Old 03-03-09, 06:47 PM
kk8
Cool New Member

Dang did that one chick get her arm chopped off?
Old 03-04-09, 12:03 AM

The Target ad claimed that an exclusive "Origins" comic came with the 2-disc DVD, but the copy I bought today had two additional episodes of Justice League instead (Maid of Honor Part 1 & 2) and they were on Disc 1 even though Target's sticker claims they're on a bonus disc.

Anyone find the comic? :/
Old 03-04-09, 09:11 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts

Originally Posted by PrometheusUFO
The Target ad claimed that an exclusive "Origins" comic came with the 2-disc DVD, but the copy I bought today had two additional episodes of Justice League instead (Maid of Honor Part 1 & 2) and they were on Disc 1 even though Target's sticker claims they're on a bonus disc.

Anyone find the comic? :/
no comic. i believe that was said to be a mistake on Target's part.
Old 03-07-09, 12:02 PM

all i have to say is WOW!

what an amazing movie. i don't think i have ever been wowed by an animated film, other than Disney or Pixar.

this was so good on so many levels that it truly took me by surprise. there was wit, humor (maybe just a little too much, thank you Nathan Fillion), a good story, good music, good voice acting, and so much violence. i don't need a lot of violence to like something, but for an animated PG-13 movie...whoa! if it wasn't for the lack of seen blood this would have easily garnered an 'R' rating imo.

i mean when is the last time you actually saw
Spoiler:
2 beheadings, actual stabs through the entire body, some blood pooling and many many deaths
in an animated superhero cartoon?

just great. the story gripped me, it was a near perfect origin story, and it was actually poignant with me tearing up twice...twice i tell ya. i would love to see more "Wonder Woman" animated movies tlike this!

really, really took me by surprise this one. buy it or rent it, but this is a must see for any superhero fan!
Old 03-07-09, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
all i have to say is WOW!

what an amazing movie. i don't think i have ever been wowed by an animated film, other than Disney or Pixar.

this was so good on so many levels that it truly took me by surprise. there was wit, humor (maybe just a little too much, thank you Nathan Fillion), a good story, good music, good voice acting, and so much violence. i don't need a lot of violence to like something, but for an animated PG-13 movie...whoa! if it wasn't for the lack of seen blood this would have easily garnered an 'R' rating imo.

i mean when is the last time you actually saw
Spoiler:
2 beheadings, actual stabs through the entire body, some blood pooling and many many deaths
in an animated superhero cartoon?

just great. the story gripped me, it was a near perfect origin story, and it was actually poignant with me tearing up twice...twice i tell ya. i would love to see more "Wonder Woman" animated movies tlike this!

really, really took me by surprise this one. buy it or rent it, but this is a must see for any superhero fan!
And it had female animated hotness. The way they animated the women was excellent - from the hair, to the faces, to the bodies, and their movement. I can't believe that DC pulled off making this such a good movie. It's one of my favorite films of the year so far...After I saw this film, I've been researching Wonder Woman comics - all the comic book people I speak to say that there are no good Wonder Woman comics. The only ones that looked somewhat tempting are the paperback bookss by George Perez:

Here's a good article on "10 reasons why no one cares about Wonder Woman:" http://www.toplessrobot.com/2008/08/...nder_woman.php

Last edited by toddly6666; 03-07-09 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-08-09, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by toddly6666
And it had female animated hotness. The way they animated the women was excellent - from the hair, to the faces, to the bodies, and their movement. I can't believe that DC pulled off making this such a good movie. It's one of my favorite films of the year so far...After I saw this film, I've been researching Wonder Woman comics - all the comic book people I speak to say that there are no good Wonder Woman comics. The only ones that looked somewhat tempting are the paperback bookss by George Perez:

Here's a good article on "10 reasons why no one cares about Wonder Woman:" http://www.toplessrobot.com/2008/08/...nder_woman.php
well, they certainly made her a compelling character in this one and that last scene was just so perfect to end on. i really, really hope they make more exactly in this vein.
Old 03-09-09, 06:32 AM

This film surprised me, I Was looking at it from a child prospective and it surpassed it. Definitely One ill be picking up for shure, only thing i didn't like was the ending.
Old 03-09-09, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Juicy.Fruit84
This film surprised me, I Was looking at it from a child prospective and it surpassed it. Definitely One ill be picking up for shure, only thing i didn't like was the ending.
i would never show this movie to a child. 15-16 or older imo.
Old 03-09-09, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually liked this a lot as well, it was easily the best of the directo to DVD DC Annimated flicks. It did seem to lack the "epic" quality though that I'd like to see and has been missing from all of them.