Search this Thread

Old 01-21-09, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Lost -- 2-hour Season 5 Premiere -- "Because you left/The Lie" -- 1/21/09

Lost Cast

Synopsis (I assume most of you won't read this):

Spoiler:

Season 5 opener: Jack and Ben try to reunite the Oceanic 6 for a return to the island (carrying Locke's body with them) to save the remaining survivors, while those survivors feel the effects of the island's move. Later, they come under attack by unknown forces. Meanwhile, Hurley and Sayid are on the run from police; and Kate gets some shocking advice from an old friend to ensure that "the lie" remains safe. Ana Lucia: Michelle Rodriguez. David Reyes: Cheech Marin. Carmen Reyes: Lillian Hurst.

Let the pages and pages of discussion and conspiracy theories begin.

Enjoy!!

BTW, if any of you feel the need to watch it, there is a 1 hour recap special that airs at 8pm called "Destiny Calls" that recaps Season 1-4.
Old 01-21-09, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lost -- 2-hour Season 5 Premiere -- "Because you left/The Lie" -- 1/21/09

Finally, life becomes worth living once again!
Old 01-21-09, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by awil1026
Finally, life becomes worth living once again!
My thoughts exactly!

This combined with the inauguration has made this week a blast for me. Things are looking up!
Old 01-21-09, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Does anyone know if Terry O'Quinn is still a series regular this season? Obviously he's going to have some kind of role this season since he's in the promo photo. Just curious since we all know what happened to him, or what they are leading us to think.
Old 01-21-09, 04:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Does anyone know if Terry O'Quinn is still a series regular this season? Obviously he's going to have some kind of role this season since he's in the promo photo. Just curious since we all know what happened to him, or what they are leading us to think.
How could he not be?

What's interesting is that (I'll spoiler my question even though you shouldn't be in this thread if you haven't seen season 4, but what have you)...

Question:

Spoiler:
They never really showed what happened to Faraday did they? I've re-watched the season finale three times now and the best I can figure, he's in the middle of the ocean with 5 cast extras. Yet he's in the promo photo. Maybe he made it back to the island before it moved.

Last edited by huh?; 01-21-09 at 04:41 AM.
Old 01-21-09, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read an article a few days ago (either TVGuide or EW) that stated he was only going to be in about half of this season's episodes. He was OK with that because those 8 or so episodes are "great stuff".
Old 01-21-09, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't wait!
Old 01-21-09, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Synopsis (I assume most of you won't read this):
Nope.
Old 01-21-09, 07:40 AM

I can't wait!!! Three hours of LOST goodness!
Old 01-21-09, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:

Ana Lucia: Michelle Rodriguez.
I wonder how she's back.
Old 01-21-09, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's so fucking on!
Old 01-21-09, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
It's so fucking on!
Not until tonight.
Old 01-21-09, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
I read an article a few days ago (either TVGuide or EW) that stated he was only going to be in about half of this season's episodes. He was OK with that because those 8 or so episodes are "great stuff".
With this show, most cast members aren't in every episode anyway, so its not really a big deal.

I cannot wait for tonight!
Old 01-21-09, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I could hardly sleep last night because I'm so fucking excited for LOST tonight... I'm not even kidding. Now I just have to make sure I don't doze off during the episode!
Old 01-21-09, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm having a Lost gathering tonight with friends that I've converted into being fans of the show.

Can't wait!!
Old 01-21-09, 08:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't Wait!
Old 01-21-09, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Your spoilers:

Spoiler:

Episode 5.01: Because You Left (Season premiere)
Airdate: January 21, 2009 at 9 p.m.

* 12/25 - The remaining island survivors start to feel the effects of the aftermath of moving the island, and Jack and Ben begin their quest to reunite the Oceanic 6 in order to return to the island with Locke's body in an attempt to save their former fellow castaways. Guest cast: L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, William Mapother as Ethan Rom, Francois Chau as Dr. Marvin Candle,Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, William Blanchett as Aaron, Sean Whalen as Neil Frogurt, Tom Irwin as Dan Norton, Michael Dempsey as foreman, Stephanie Smart as ticket agent, Leslie Ishii as woman, Cindy Paliracio as TV anchor, Brad Berryhill as anxious guy, Sven Lindstrom as crew member, Chantal Boomla as counter girl, Jeremy Colvin as security guard. Source: ABC
* 09/28 - We will come to learn that one of the following is true in Lost's fifth season premiere. A. The Island moved forward in time. B. The Island moved backward in time. C. The Island did not move in time, but it did move in space -- to another location on the planet. D. The Island did not move in time or space -- it's still there, but Dharma tech renders it invisible to the naked eye. Source: The Ausiello Files
* 09/18 - First scene we saw had Sawyer, Bernard, Rose, and Juliet. They appeared to be having a conversation in the jungle. Second scene had Charlotte and Miles, going back to camp. We watched for about 90 minutes. According to one of the crew, it was for Episode 5.01. Source: The Transmission
* 08/24 - Foreman: 40s to 50s, any ethnicity. A blue-collar construction worker. He's worked hard to get where he is and provide for his family. He cares deeply for his crew, hates it when management is condescending and arrogant but ultimately knows his place in the pecking order. Co-star. Martha:35 to 40, Asian, attractive. A smart, capable scientist with a strong personality who has taken a break to raise her baby but plans to work again. Completely believes in the work she is doing but sometimes questions the decisions of those in charge. Co-star, recurring. Dan: 40s, any ethnicity. A high-priced attorney, someone really sharp who can be friendly. However, there's a real menace lurking below the surface. Recurring guest star. Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog
* 08/24 - Hurley and Sayid drive into the apartment complex parking lot in a late-model blue SUV. (It and the other cars have California plates.) They exit, Sayid looking sharp in a black shirt and dark khaki pants, Hurley wearing a thick, long, grey bathrobe over a blue T-shirt. Hurley's also holding a big burger and paper cup. They make their way stealthily up the stairs, and walk the length of the building, past several apartments. They work their way up to the top floor, Hurley eating the whole way. Finally they reach the apartment they're looking for. They confer for a moment. Sayid seems to reach for the top of the door, looking for a key, perhaps, when something startles them. Sayid pushes Hurley aside, and draws his gun, pointing it at the door. It opens, and there's a struggle inside. The next moment, Sayid throws a man over the railing to the asphalt four stories below. There's a second man inside. Shots ring out. Hurley emerges from the apartment, gun in his hand, and looks over the railing in disbelief. Looks like Sayid is introducing Hurley to his new career. Source: The Transmission

Episode 5.02: The Lie
Airdate: January 21, 2009 at 10 p.m.

* 12/25 - Hurley and Sayid are on the run from the cops after stumbling into trouble at the safehouse; the island survivors come under attack by unknown forces; and an old friend offers some shocking advice to Kate in order to ensure that "the lie" remain a secret. Guest cast: Michelle Rodriguez as Ana Lucia, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Lillian Hurst as Carmen Reyes, Cheech Marin as David Reyes, William Blanchett as Aaron, Sean Whalen as Neil Frogurt, Tom Connolly as Jones, Mary Mara as Jill, Dana Sorman as Darlene, James Jeremiah as police officer, Stephanie Conching as nurse, Matthew Allan as Cunningham, Todd Bryant as Mattingly. Source: ABC
* 08/30 - Cunningham: Mid-20s to Early 30s. Any ethnicity. Athletic, used to living outdoors and off the land. He is a loyal soldier but willing to compromise with the enemy to protect his men. This role is introduced in 502 and has scenes in 503. Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog
* 08/25 - Michelle Rodriguez [...] is returning to the show this season, multiple sources confirm. [...] Rodriguez is back for one episode, most likely this season's second. [...] The fact that Cheech Marin is also on the guest list for eppy 2 suggests that it's most likely a Hurley-centric outing. And after his encounter with Charlie's ghost last season, it's certainly feasible that Hurley would have an imaginary run-in with Ana Lucia. Source: The Ausiello Files
* 08/24 - Nigel: British, in his late teens. Despite being rough around the edges, mature well beyond his age and extremely smart. Must have English accent. Nice co-star. Will appear in episodes 502 and 503. Darlene: Early 20s, any ethnicity. A bored clerk who hates her sucky job and looks for any burst of excitement to get through the shift. Alternative in dress and style, plays guitar in her own band but needs the day job to pay the bills. Co-star. Jill: Late 20s to late 30s; any ethnicity. A butcher who is one hard-as-nails cool chick. A tomboy, bit of a searcher, and highly competent beyond her station in life. Co-star. Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog
Old 01-21-09, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Dude, you're evil.

/resisted
Old 01-21-09, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Interesting tidbit about the pic above regarding Farraday.

Spoiler:
He's missing a left foot. I'm thinking it's just a photoshop goof, but it's gotten discussion on some of the boards.
Old 01-21-09, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
Dude, you're evil.

/resisted
Pretty lame spoilers if you ask me. Maybe one, but the rest are pretty boring.
Old 01-21-09, 09:46 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Palaver
Interesting tidbit about the pic above regarding Farraday.

Spoiler:
He's missing a left foot. I'm thinking it's just a photoshop goof, but it's gotten discussion on some of the boards.
Uhh...did you look at Sawyer? He is missing both feet!!!!

Can't wait!!!
Old 01-21-09, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 869 Likes on 392 Posts

I haven't looked at any spoilers, and I just finished rewatching all seasons, and I'm a little concerned about Jin.

Freighter blew up with Jin on deck. I'm hoping he could have dove into the water. Helicopter was taking off and starts heading for island. Island moves (bloop), helicopter does not go with island. Helicopter was closer to island than Jin, where's Jin going to end up?! I guess they could get around it by saying the island took the water with it, but not the air. Farraday was probably somewhere between helicopter and island when it moved.

Last edited by IDrinkMolson; 01-21-09 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-21-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Can't wait...get outta work at 2, gonna rewatch the season finale and set the DVR. I'll be good to go.
Old 01-21-09, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
I haven't looked at any spoilers, and I just finished rewatching all seasons, and I'm a little concerned about Jin.
Me too. I'm avoiding all spoilers and I just finished re-watching all 4 seasons. I finished the commentary for the season 4 finale last night. Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cruse do some of the best commentary tracks out there. Lindelof's sense of humor is just like mine and I just get a real kick out of it.

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Freighter blew up with Jin on deck. I'm hoping he could have dove into the water. Helicopter was taking off and starts heading for island. Island moves (bloop), helicopter does not go with island. Helicopter was closer to island than Jin, where's Jin going to end up?! I guess they could get around it by saying the island took the water with it, but not the air. Farraday was probably somewhere between helicopter and island when it moved.
I guess until I see otherwise, I'm assuming Jin is dead. I'm also assuming that Farraday was within proximity of the island to be transported or whatever happened with the island. I want to see some more Daniel-Charlotte action.

In case anyone hasn't seen the unanswered questions thread, take a look here. I also put together my own list after re-watching everything. This is in post 58. There are a few things that I should probably update after listening to the S4 finale commentary last night.

I AM SO READY!!!

Last edited by Numes; 01-21-09 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-21-09, 12:08 PM

I'll just reiterate what's already been said.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.