TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Supernatural -- "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester" -- 09/25/08

Old 09-25-08, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Supernatural -- "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester" -- 09/25/08

"Are You There God? It s Me, Dean Winchester"
Spoiler:
Sam and Dean are stunned when the spirits of Meg and Agent Henricksen appear and accuse the Winchesters of failing them. Although rattled, the brothers must pull together to save Bobby, who is too crippled with guilt to fight off the angry ghosts of the young children he couldn t save.

Originally Aired: September 25, 2008
Old 09-25-08, 04:51 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts
lol @ that title
Old 09-25-08, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler:
I had completely forgotten about meg . That whole storyline just seems to long ago.

That said, can't wait.
Old 09-26-08, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 225 Likes on 154 Posts
Another solid episode, not on the level as the season opener, but it still had a nice "reveal" at the end.

We're barely in the second episode of this season and I'm already thinking "what the hell are they going to do for Season 5".

As we advance through the season, it will be interesting to the see how certain events unfold. IMO there is still a lot of uncertainty surrounding Ruby's and Castiel's true intentions.
Old 09-26-08, 12:49 AM

Very enjoyable episode as usual.
Old 09-26-08, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Awesome ep. This show is moving up higher on my favourites list every week.
Old 09-26-08, 12:40 PM
Banned

great one !
Old 09-26-08, 02:01 PM

Eh, wasn't too crazy about this one. I wish they had some more ghost characters other than the 3 adults and twins being shown over and over and over.
Old 09-26-08, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I enjoyed this episode. I liked the conversation between Dean and Sam at the beginning about God and angels. I thought Bobbys safe room crazy cool.

I also liked Ruby's line that "Angels smite first and ask questions later." She seemed genuinely scared of them. I definitely want to see some angels throw down on some demons.
Old 09-26-08, 03:06 PM

you should show me some respect.
Old 09-26-08, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts
The hunters getting murdered in this episode were brutal, will Kripke stick to his plan and wrap up the show after the fifth season?
Old 09-26-08, 09:12 PM
Zee

I have to wonder, are we going to get Lucifer himself in the fifth season? It seems like the only way they could top themselves. I can't believe how intense things are already...we have 20 episodes to go!! Jensen Ackles did an amazing job in this episode. Still hate the new Ruby though.
Old 09-26-08, 11:41 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
I thought it was good. The scene at the end with Dean and Castiel was great
Old 09-28-08, 04:45 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
easily one of the most consistently excellent tv shows on at the moment

The religious groups must be loving this season, lol

Loved Bobby's Panic room.

I love the fact that even with angels and demons, it's not clear cut good and bad.

What i think makes this show so enjoyable compared to shows like Heros is there are only a few main characters, so there isn't this feeling of clutter with the storylines

WTF was Dean doing with a double barrel shotgun, should be pump or semi auto with extended magazines all the way !
Old 09-28-08, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I'm loving the first two episodes so far and the direction they are hinting at...

My guess is that there has to be more to Castiel and why he rescued Dean from hell.
Old 09-28-08, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
It definitely feels like Dean versus Sam is being set up. However they could be going the direction of Sam being able to turn some demons back towards God to eventually destroy Lucifer in the finale.
Old 09-28-08, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ehh, I'm still not totally sure that Castiel is an angel. He seems way shady...
Old 09-29-08, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Ehh, I'm still not totally sure that Castiel is an angel. He seems way shady...
I agree. He could easily be Lucifer himself. His wings were black and the hand mark is a big burn scar. wouldn't be a surprise.
Old 09-29-08, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I don't know. He reminds me of the Angels in Spawn. They never seemed good, just on God's side.

Of course I only saw the HBO cartoon so I don't know how that plotline progressed.
Old 09-29-08, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Original Desmond
WTF was Dean doing with a double barrel shotgun, should be pump or semi auto with extended magazines all the way !
Um, because there is not as easy a way to load salt payloaded ammo for those types of guns. Loading shotgun shells with salt is much easier.

Originally Posted by E-Z-B
Eh, wasn't too crazy about this one. I wish they had some more ghost characters other than the 3 adults and twins being shown over and over and over.
I kinda thought it was a cool thing that they used previous characters to flashback in this episode, but I too was anticipating more than just the 3. I'm guessing that limiting things to only 3 adults definitely made the budget cheaper than bringing back several additional previous characters.

Good episode. Definitely like where things seem to be headed. I hope Kripke does indeed keep his promise and wrap this up after S5.
Old 09-29-08, 11:01 AM

I really liked this episode. This season seems promising. Last season was starting to worry me...way too much drama! Castiel does not come off as "angelic" to me, kinda shady. But a brother vs brother storyline would make sense. I am looking forward to seeing where this is going.
Old 09-29-08, 11:44 PM
Zee

I just re-watched the Season One episode "Faith", and it really set up some things nicely (although who knows if it was at all intentional) for this season. When Dean asks the healer why he chose to save him, he says that he sensed that he was "a man with a purpose" and that he "wasn't finished yet". Sam and Dean also have a conversation about God that echoes their points of view from these recent episodes. Props to Kripke and co. for being consistent at the very least! I'd definitely recommend going back and watching this one.
Old 09-30-08, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I hope Castiel is really an angel. I think it would be a copout to make him just another demon or something. Of course, just because he's an angel doesn't mean he's necessarily good.

I was also thinking of something. If I were in Dean's situation and had just been rescued from Hell by an angel and was told there was a huge war coming, the first thing I would ask Castiel would be if he could raise my father as well. I know it's a tv show and they probably can't bring back the actor who played his dad, but he would be a huge asset for the "good guys".
Old 09-30-08, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by collven
If I were in Dean's situation and had just been rescued from Hell by an angel and was told there was a huge war coming, the first thing I would ask Castiel would be if he could raise my father as well.
Except that would ruin what seems to be the battle of brothers if John Winchester was there to moderate.

Originally Posted by collven
I know it's a tv show and they probably can't bring back the actor who played his dad, but he would be a huge asset for the "good guys".
Ah but there you are wrong. Jeffrey Dean Morgan seems to be pretty clear these days after wrapping Grey's Anatomy and a few films. However since we know for a fact that the production is under a rather tight budget (thanks, 90210), I agree that his return is doubly unlikely.
Old 10-01-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Another friggin awesome ep! I'm sticking to my guns that Castiel is an angel and is setting them up for a big angel/demon war by the end of the season.

But which side will Sam be on?