TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sarah Palin may make SNL cameo this weekend

Old 09-25-08, 11:29 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sarah Palin may make SNL cameo this weekend

http://www.okmagazine.com/posts/view/9219/

SARAH PALIN TO MAKE SNL CAMEO?

Two weekends ago, Tina Fey ignited an internet sensation with her hilarious, spot-on spoof of Republican Vice-Presidential candidate Sarah Palin on the season premiere of Saturday Night Live. And now, according to sources close to the show, it looks like there's a possibility the Alaska Governor could get a chance to get her on-air revenge with a cameo appearance of her own!

The whispers bouncing around the halls of NBC today say Palin is currently considering doing a surprise pop-in on the long-running late-night sketch comedy show. Additionally, OK! is hearing that Emmy-winner Fey might reprise her now-infamous impersonation.

The discussions have gotten to the point that security for the "hockey mom" did a thorough walk-through of the Rockefeller Center studio on Wednesday in preparation for the possible SNL guest shot.
Old 09-25-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
Not much of a surprise pop-in if we are hearing about it 2 days out.
Old 09-25-08, 11:51 AM

And everybody in the audience will cheer and go nuts, the following week SNL will go back to making jokes about her and the audience will hoot and hollar at those to. People are such sheep. Will anyone who is against her, actually boo? I know it's rude and disrespectful, but really. And it's no secret SNL is strongly endorsing Barack. But Palin's no dummy. She wanted to be on Oprah, even though O is strongly supporting Obama. The more people she goes in front of, the better her chances are. What's with all this hiding she is doing? Doesn't the American public (and the world) deserve to know who the candidates are as people? How many interviews has Palin given so far? Two?
There is a discussion on Nikki Finke's blog about how McCain bailed out on Letterman last night, told Dave he was headed back to Washington to attend a meeting regarding the economic crises only to show up an hour later sitting across Katie Couric's legs at CBS news in New York.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a political discussion. In regards to TV entertainment, I don't think Palin's appearence will change anybody's mind, if they are against her. But I guess it shows she's a good sport. Just don't let it be awkward like when Hilary stands next to Amy in her Hilary wig.

Still Fey and Palin on the stage together could be greatness. Fey can save anything.
She even makes American Express ads interesting.
Old 09-25-08, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JasonTHX
And everybody in the audience will cheer and go nuts, the following week SNL will go back to making jokes about her and the audience will hoot and hollar at those to. People are such sheep. Will anyone who is against her, actually boo? I know it's rude and disrespectful, but really. And it's no secret SNL is strongly endorsing Barack. But Palin's no dummy. She wanted to be on Oprah, even though O is strongly supporting Obama. The more people she goes in front of, the better her chances are. What's with all this hiding she is doing? Doesn't the American public (and the world) deserve to know who the candidates are as people? How many interviews has Palin given so far? Two?

There is a discussion on Nikki Finke's blog about how McCain bailed out on Letterman last night, told Dave he was headed back to Washington to attend a meeting regarding the economic crises only to show up an hour later sitting across Katie Couric's legs at CBS news in New York.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a political discussion. In regards to TV entertainment, I don't think Palin's appearence will change anybody's mind, if they are against her. But I guess it shows she's a good sport. Just don't let it be awkward like when Hilary stands next to Amy in her Hilary wig.

Still Fey and Palin on the stage together could be greatness. Fey can save anything. She even makes American Express ads interesting.
Uh, what? Why say she wants to be on shows and then say she's hiding? Don't get that.

I don't mind the Letterman snub, though...most of these douche-bags are in bed with Obama, so fuck them and their shows. You could at least try to hide it, if you don't, you can't be surprised by the 'opposition' not wanting to boost your ratings.
Old 09-25-08, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
She has time for this - but not to talk to reporters
Old 09-25-08, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
Uh, what? Why say she wants to be on shows and then say she's hiding? Don't get that.
Yeah, I probably didn't make much sense. I guess she is being very choosey about who she gives interviews to, and on whose shows she appears on. But I have an inkling it's more McCain's and their people's choosing rather then her's.

But I don't know.

Who does? LOL.

Getting back to entertainment and SNL. Anything can happen, she might have to cancel. SNL did give time to Obama, so it's fair they give time to McCain/Palin.

Last edited by JasonTHX; 09-25-08 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-25-08, 12:35 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
She wants to be on fluff shows, but nothing where she might get asked challenging questions.
Old 09-25-08, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ZZzz... Unless it brings the funny, I don't care.
Old 09-25-08, 01:48 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If they want to really go for it, they should go to the set of 30 Rock and film a bit with Palin taking over the role of Liz Lemon.
Old 09-25-08, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
They're saying this may not happen since every politician and candidate is pretending to give a fuck about the economy. With McCain suspending his campaign she might follow that same route with this appearance.

Oh well, I would like to see her on SNL; but then again as mentioned above, fuck 'em.

All these shows are deep in obama's asshole and seeing other(read Non-Demo) candidates on these shows just really seems phoney baloney.

I'll at least give it to Oprah for being honest about not wanting Palin on until, as she put it, "Maybe after the election". She doesn't want to give anyone but Obama any chance of snagging a few more votes before the election.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 09-25-08 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-25-08, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts
So... is it going to be Palin dressed as Fey and Fey dressed as Palin?
Old 09-25-08, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The only way i will watch is if she shows up as Tina Fey

Originally Posted by Giantrobo

I'll at least give Oprah for being honest about not wanting Palin on until, as she put it, "Maybe after the election". She doesn't want to give anyone but Obama any chance of snagging a few more votes before the election.

and I dont think she will have to be be on Oprah, with her being the VP and all
Old 09-25-08, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts
They're saying this may not happen since every politician and candidate is pretending to give a fuck about the economy. With McCain suspending his campaign she might follow that same route with this appearance.
If McCain ends up actually delaying Fridays debate with Obama, I can't see any way they would let Palin on SNL on Saturday.

I'm guessing the only reason they gave Palin a shot was to equal the air time since Obabma was supposed to be on last week. Since Obama didn't show, I see no reason why SNL producers would want Palin on.

Also a note to SNL: Fey was funny the first time she portayed Palin, please don't beat this joke into the ground. Let it die with some dignity.
Old 09-25-08, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
I hate when politicians go on these shows, as I wish they would stay away and worry about other things, maybe the 'economy'

Unfortunately, because people usually eat stuff like this up cause the candidate comes off as 'real' to the public, politicians will keep going on Leno, Letterman, John Stewart, The View, and SNL to try to win votes.
Old 09-25-08, 02:24 PM

Have all the candidates appear on Real Time with Bill Maher. The audiences there don't give a , If they don't like you - they'll let you know it. LOL.

Last edited by JasonTHX; 09-25-08 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-25-08, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by coli
Unfortunately, because people usually eat stuff like this up cause the candidate comes off as 'real' to the public, politicians will keep going on Leno, Letterman, John Stewart, The View, and SNL to try to win votes.
You left out the WWE.
Old 09-25-08, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Me007gold

and I dont think she will have to be be on Oprah, with her being the VP and all
Well chances are Obama will win so it'll be a non issue. But there was some anger towards Oprah from her Conservative fans for not wanting her on.

Hey, it's her show, it's a free country, and she can do what she wants.
Old 09-25-08, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by JasonTHX
Have all the candidates appear on Real Time with Bill Maher. The audiences there don't give a , If they don't like you - they'll let you know it. LOL.
Yeah and we pretty much know how that will go.

Either way, I really hope Palin doesn't show up on SNL.
Old 09-25-08, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll at least give it to Oprah for being honest about not wanting Palin on until, as she put it, "Maybe after the election". She doesn't want to give anyone but Obama any chance of snagging a few more votes before the election.
Oprah is not having ANY of the candidates on, including Obama. She is keeping her support of Obama separate from the show, which I think is wise.
Old 09-25-08, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
She has time for this - but not to talk to reporters
Originally Posted by Groucho
She wants to be on fluff shows, but nothing where she might get asked challenging questions.
It's great isn't it? They can't risk her sounding like she knows absolutely nothing. It would destroy that MILF Hocky-mom image thing they got going.
Old 09-25-08, 03:41 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
It's great isn't it? They can't risk her sounding like she knows absolutely nothing. It would destroy that MILF Hocky-mom image thing they got going.
Hey, she couldn't sound any worse than this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8oykfW50E3Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8oykfW50E3Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iap0LMsa36w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iap0LMsa36w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by aktick; 09-25-08 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-25-08, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Oprah is not having ANY of the candidates on, including Obama.
Sure I got all that.

She is keeping her support of Obama separate from the show, which I think is wise.
But come on, she doesn't have to have him on when one thinks of how influential her choice of Obama is.

Either way, I hope Palin stays off of SNL. (keeping things on topic so this thread doesn't get flushed into the Politics forum shithole)
Old 09-25-08, 04:09 PM
Suspended

Either way, I hope Palin stays off of SNL. (keeping things on topic so this thread doesn't get flushed into the Politics forum shithole)
I agree. It does nothing for her or the ticket. It does nothing for SNL other than make them look like they are trying too hard to be "fair." And I suppose it won't do much of anything for Obama.
Old 09-25-08, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would be surprised to see this, if only because of McCain's campaign "suspension" or whatever this week. He's already getting flack for skipping Letterman and trying to postpone the debate, this would only add more fuel.
Old 09-25-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I couldn't give a rat's ass. Politicians are not funny. You're not supposed to laugh with them, just laugh AT them.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.