Sons of Anarchy---"Seeds"---9/10/08

Old 09-10-08, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Sons of Anarchy---"Seeds"---9/10/08

Sons of Anarchy

Synopsis for this week:

Spoiler:

As Samcro deals with the aftermath of the illegal-arms-warehouse attack, the deputy police chief poses a new threat to the motorcycle club's power in Charming. Meanwhile, Jax continues to worry about the fate of his newborn son and begins to question the club's rough way of doing business; and Opie's financial woes force him to make a difficult decision.

Old 09-10-08, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smells like old socks and pussy.
Old 09-11-08, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't know about this episode; there was a lot of stuff that didn't make sense/didn't add up right. The writing seemed just lazy, overly-convenient and filled with glaring plot holes. The cop that pulled over Jax and Irish Scarface (can't recall his character name) saw the truck that they later used to ridiculously fake the murder. As far as I know (from TV, but whatever), most cops pulling someone over will at least make a note of the license plate before exiting their vehicle, in case they decide to drive off. Which means that the cops (unless they were completely inept) would immediately know that something was fishy with the murder involving that same vehicle later that night. And that fake murder was ridiculous on its own; any medical examiner would know that both bodies had been dead long before any of the other wounds had been inflicted. I also find it hard to believe that the cops would just leave 2 dead bodies at the warehouse fire site just because their chief pulled them off the scene. Everyone just leaves the scene and the bodies until they have time to come back? And what happened with Jax's assumed "Brains before Bullets" idea, as he goes into beat the shit out of the jerk who cut him off? Wouldn't it have been smarter to have just doused his car in gas (since they were at the gas station) and torch it to get revenge?
Old 09-11-08, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
One thing the vehicle did have fake plates when the cop pulled them over. The part in the store with the axe was a bit disturbing. I do agree the fake murder was a bit much.
Old 09-11-08, 12:27 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

You may need to watch it again, FinkPish. Fairly reasonable explanations were given for nearly everything you mention. For instance, they left the dead bodies because they were waiting for the Lodi CSI.
Old 09-11-08, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know they were waiting for the CSI, but the cops apparently completely abandoned the site, leaving not a single person to at least wait for the CSI, and making it possible for SAMCRO to take away the bodies in the middle of the day. I know the chief pulled them away from the site, but that just seemed ridiculous to me.
Old 09-12-08, 11:51 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

The chief was incentivized to pull his officers away ... and to postpone his retirement.
Old 09-12-08, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MrE
The chief was incentivized to pull his officers away ... and to postpone his retirement.
I understand all the motives and reasons for why they were pulled away from the scene. The idea that the cops would completely abandon a crime scene with 2 bodies just sitting there is completely unbelievable to me. That's what I'm complaining about. I think there could have been a less unbelievable way to give SAMCRO the ability to remove the bodies without the cops knowing.
Old 09-13-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think it was meant to be like that, I see this and a few other small things being what gives the younger cop enough evidence to throw the old chief out by the end of the season. I think it was meant to be that ridiculous for that reason alone.
Old 09-13-08, 05:06 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Solid second episode -- I'm in the the season I think.
Old 09-13-08, 05:16 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
im really enjoying this show. Season pass for me
Old 09-14-08, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Really digging this show. It's given me alot of insight into this lifestyle that I would normally never pay attention to.

Katey Segal and Ron Pearlman have been great. The dude who plays Jax is perfectly casted for that part.

I literally fell out of my seat when the Gas station guy put an axe in that dudes head.