Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

ABC TV/DVD rebate?

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

ABC TV/DVD rebate?

Old 08-23-08, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABC TV/DVD rebate?

Will they have the deal again this year where if you buy so many of their seasons you can get a rebate?
Old 08-23-08, 06:22 AM

I was hoping for this too, but the web page has not been updated: http://tvondvdoffer.com/
Old 09-06-08, 02:58 PM

Did anyone buy Desperate Housewives: S4? If so, was there anything about a deal?
Old 09-06-08, 03:53 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
It looks like this year's "deal" is a manufacturer's coupon on the front of certain DVDs. It says "Buy 2 Save $10 Now!"

The titles listed are Brothers & Sisters 2, Samantha Who, Dirty Sexy Money, Desperate Housewives 4, Eli Stone, Grey's Anatomy 4, Private Practice, and Ugly Betty 2.

Expires 10-31-08.
Old 09-06-08, 04:17 PM

I preferred the rebate--since the coupon can't be used online or from 3rd party sellers
Old 09-06-08, 08:56 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by kyle
I preferred the rebate--since the coupon can't be used online or from 3rd party sellers
Actually, BestBuy.com is basically letting you use the coupon online. There's a section on their "offers" page that let's you choose 2 of the titles and save $10. I think the link is still up.
Old 09-06-08, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Surfinhank
Actually, BestBuy.com is basically letting you use the coupon online. There's a section on their "offers" page that let's you choose 2 of the titles and save $10. I think the link is still up.
This has also been in their ads to save $10 when you buy the 2 that are released on the same day--so you could probably save $20 if you go to the store and also use the coupon. (although some people have posted issues with trying to use coupons at BestBuy)

In the past I got most of these at FYE.com with FYE rebates--so before I could at least get the extra $$$ from the ABC rebate. This year I got some from best buy.com when there was the 25% preorder misprice and $10 for buying 2 and the rest I just got off the exchange forum for even cheaper than my best buy preorders. Would have been nice to get the bonus rebate on top of that.
Old 09-07-08, 06:05 PM

that stinks... It seems buena vista is getting lazy or something... Every year I got used to looking forward to buying different sets and getting the rebates. They also stopped giving out exclusive discs...atleast for Desperate Housewives they did. This was the first year they didn't have one. Instead they just packaged it with a dumb tv sampler disc.. I hope they fix their mistakes next year.

Actually for me I only buy sets the day of their release IF they have an exclusive limited disc.... Otherwise, I'll just wait for a sale on them. BB or target always puts these sets on sale in a few months anyway so there is no insentive to buy them and pay full price without a bonus. Sorry to get off track but I wanted to blow off some steam incase some random BV rep sees this.
Old 09-08-08, 06:51 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TM63975

Actually for me I only buy sets the day of their release IF they have an exclusive limited disc.... Otherwise, I'll just wait for a sale on them. BB or target always puts these sets on sale in a few months anyway so there is no insentive to buy them and pay full price without a bonus. Sorry to get off track but I wanted to blow off some steam incase some random BV rep sees this.
I know I won't be buying Brothers and Sisters unless there is a bonus disc release week. I will wait for the price to drop.