Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

DirecTV NFL SuperFan Free!

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-08, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received an email stating if I order the NFL ticket they will throw in the SuperFan for free! Offer is good until 7/31/2008. I called last week and advised them to cancel my NFL ticket unless they give me the SuperFan for free. CS rep who I spoke with told me she could do nothing to help me. Few days later received an email asking if I would like to renew. After a 3 minute call to DirecTV I all set for the this season.
Old 07-03-08, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Any code needed or did you just say you received the email?
Old 07-03-08, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
This isn't a special code, this is just a deal they get to keep people signed up for NFL Sunday ticket. You can call and threaten to cancel because you don't want to pay for Superfan and they may give it to you based on how long you have been a customer and the programming package you have. Not a guarantee, though. You may get turned down.

Last edited by Deftones; 07-03-08 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-04-08, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
This isn't a special code, this is just a deal they get to keep people signed up for NFL Sunday ticket. You can call and threaten to cancel because you don't want to pay for Superfan and they may give it to you based on how long you have been a customer and the programming package you have. Not a guarantee, though. You may get turned down.
Yea I called last month and told them if they do not waive the fee for the NFL SuperFan I could cancel my service. You no what they wanted to know what date I wanted it turned off. I told and them and 5 days later I received this email stating they would waive it. Now I don't think that had anything to do with it but there is no way in hell I would pay 369.00 for the NFL Sunday Ticket (this includes the SuperFan).
Old 07-05-08, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've had the NFL package with Superfan for the past 2 years along with the highest level TV package, sounds like it's time to give it a shot. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-06-08, 12:21 PM

I called to cancel Sunday Ticket, and they offered free SuperFan (plus $5 credit for 3 months).

I still canceled...
Old 07-26-08, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Called today to give it a shot...they offered free SuperFan and $10 credit for 6 months. Not a bad deal.
Old 07-26-08, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So did you have to call and threaten to cancel to get the free superfan and credit? I know this deal is supposed to be meant for new customers, but I can't find any documentation anywhere.
Old 07-26-08, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

When I called I just said I that I wanted to cancel the Sunday Ticket package, not the entire service, and they offered the deal right away.