TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friday Night Lights -- "Leave No One Behind" -- 2/1/2008

Old 02-01-08, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Friday Night Lights -- "Leave No One Behind" -- 2/1/2008

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Matt Saracen reaches a tough point in his life where nothing seems to really matter to him anymore. Meanwhile, Tami Taylor's relationship continues to grow with Tyra and Julie becomes very jealous. Landry may have a new potential love interest that could shake up his relationship with Tyra. Elsewhere, Brian "Smash" Williams begins his three game suspension and turns to Coach Taylor for advice.

Second to last new episode...
Old 02-01-08, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow ... What an amazing episode. They proved they still can write a great episode. Matt and his grandmother are the heart of the show. I would rank this up with the best of last season and I have to admit I got a bit choked up a couple times.

Of course the previews for next week looks like its back to over-the-top.
Old 02-01-08, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Fantastic episode tonight. Just about everything clicked. Action. Consequences. This episode had it all. I shed a tear for Smash at the end.

And next episode looks hilarious given the special guest star.
Old 02-01-08, 09:05 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
"Shalom"

Great episode
Old 02-01-08, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gracie is the ugliest baby ever.
Old 02-01-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Fantastic episode tonight. Just about everything clicked. Action. Consequences. This episode had it all. I shed a tear for Smash at the end.

And next episode looks hilarious given the special guest star.
Agreed on all points.

I just hope Tyra isn't playing Landry...but, eh, I really don't care just so long as we get to see more Landry storylines.
Old 02-01-08, 10:19 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Universal just announced Season 2 on DVD already for April 22nd with all 15 episodes. The show has yet to complete its strike shortned season and an announcement already? Did they ever plan on doing all 21 episodes? I hope next weeks Series finale is a good one
Old 02-01-08, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Well, they consider the rest of the season for any shows a lost cause. Same thing happened with Heroes.
Old 02-01-08, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And it looks like the Bionic Woman TV on DVD set (Vol. 1) will only feature 8 episodes.

But we all digress...

Will Matt be seeing the dancer later?
Old 02-01-08, 11:56 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Well, they consider the rest of the season for any shows a lost cause. Same thing happened with Heroes.
So even if they come to an agreement tomorrow...shows are done? Damn
Old 02-02-08, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisih8u
Gracie is the ugliest baby ever.
Amen. Pitch perfect casting all around... but wtf were they thinking when they chose that baby?
Old 02-02-08, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
So even if they come to an agreement tomorrow...shows are done? Damn

There's no time to get new episodes developed and cranked out in time. So yeah, pretty much the season is over for those shows that already wrapped up.
Old 02-02-08, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Poor Adrianne Palicki. I wonder if she's ever played a sport in her life. She couldn't be any less convincing.

Matt's grandmother happily telling Coach that her grandson needed his help was a great moment.

das
Old 02-02-08, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Coach needs to add a wing onto his house for all his wayward players....
and families.

And I couldn't disagree more about Gracie. She's adorable. Simply adorable.
Old 02-02-08, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Hell, even Mrs. Coach calls Landry "Lance".
Old 02-02-08, 09:38 AM
Banned

Agreed that it was a very good episode (even had a little football...well, at least some practice action). Writers did a great job in the Coach/Saracen shower scene (how's that for tittilating those who haven't seen the episode yet?). Made Matt really sympathetic & kind of justified some of his acting out...although, in real life, I think he might have been suspended from school for cussing his teacher.

Seems that all of the team's stars have MAJOR anger management/ego (or insecurity) issues. This show goes a long way toward refuting the idea that sports builds character.

Perhaps the last two shows of the season be nonstop football to make up for the absence of games in the other shows. We will get to see the final three games of the season plus the playoffs plus the state championship.

Seriously, will the season just end abruptly while the football season is still ongoing, or did the writers have time to prepare an appropriate ending for the strike-shortened season? In the latter case, that would mean that we would fast-forward three or four weeks into the season to post-season play (I think it's been established that the Panthers have already qualified). Otherwise, the audience is left hanging until next season, assuming that the show is renewed.

I'm wondering a little if the strike will have an effect on ensemble cast shows in that some of the actors might find other work that may tie them up when (or if) shooting resumes for next season. I don't imagine that it would affect many since FNL is their prime paying gig, but it makes me wonder if being in limbo like this with an uncertain schedule is causing any of the main cast to have to consider taking other offers.

Having a little fun here....

Riggins is turning into a whiny brat. Maybe Lyla's boyfriend will get into a fight with him in the parking lot and kill Riggins with a tire iron. Meanwhile, Landry witnesses the whole thing. He can advise the couple on how to get rid of the body (reminding the boyfriend to BE SURE TO REMOVE YOUR WATCH!). Then Lyla can fall for Landry since he was so sweet in helping them out of a jam, and Landry can bump off the boyfriend. Meanwhile, Tyra can enlist Julie's help to bump off Lyla in order to get Landry back by offering to help Julie get Matt back. While this is happening, the waitress chick can enlist Matt's help to bump off Tyra to get Landry back. Landry & Matt can discover the other's role in bumping off girlfriends, and they can get into a fight and go over the Reichenback Falls together. That would leave the waitress chick to be consoled by Smash. But then, there's always Noel....
Old 02-02-08, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I thought that was one of the best episodes of the series thus far. Its really scary when a group of relativley unknowns can pull off better acting than many of the 20 million dollar per film movie stars. And hell yes to Jason Bourne Jr. finally getting some honest Tyra lovin.
Old 02-02-08, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Great episode.

Had to laugh that even Mrs Coach calls Landry "that Lance kid". I was kinda rooting for Lance's new girl, but I knew it wasn't meant to be.
Felt horrible for Smash there at the end.
Glad Matt got some help from Coach. Great scene there.
So either Lyla has graduated, or she's also skipping school?

I'll gladly get season 2 on dvd when it comes out.
Old 02-02-08, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm waiting for the "I F'd Landry Clark" song/video. (Jimmy Kimmel/Sarah Silverman reference)
Old 02-02-08, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
I know they're shooting the last 2 episodes to show emphasize Tyra's height but damn she's a big girl.
Old 02-02-08, 10:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I thought that was one of the best episodes of the series thus far. Its really scary when a group of relativley unknowns can pull off better acting than many of the 20 million dollar per film movie stars. And hell yes to Jason Bourne Jr. finally getting some honest Tyra lovin.
Hungry actors try harder. But you're right...some awesome acting when they're given good scripts & dialogue. Some of these people can convey so much with just a look or body language.

I believe Landry had best watch his back with Tyra. She's a head case who really doesn't know what she wants. I think she really thinks she has it sorted out, but she's not got it together enough to count on yet. She was pretty mercenary in cutting the waitress chick's throat. Landry traded a real person who shares his quirky tastes for the gold in them thar Tyra hills (she looked like an Amazon beside the little chick). It's hard for me to imagine Tyra getting into MST3K, so their long-term prospects are dim. Their terrible secret is always going to be lurking in the background while they are together.

Don't have anything against Tyra, just wish she'd leave Landry alone with someone who treats him nice and worships the ground he walks on. Tyra needs to find a strong, stable guy who loves her & appreciates her but isn't blinded by her beauty. It's not that Landry doesn't "deserve her" (actually, I think he deserves better), but I'm afraid that he would always have an inferiority complex with her.

Just my two cent's worth. Tyra had her chance and blew it, and she should have waited to see if Landry would come back to her. Now the good-hearted little waitress chick is left out in the cold...mugged by a hussy.

Pretty realistic, I guess...happens all the time in real life, but it doesn't endear me to Tyra to see that it took seeing Landry happy with another female to make her 'realize' that she wanted him back. Makes you wonder if she would have felt the same if Landry just moped around pining for her instead of getting on with his life.
Old 02-02-08, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

There's something obvious about this episode, OK. When Street isn't around, the episode is usually much better, OK. I think that should be pointed out, OK.

das
Old 02-02-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts
I would say this was my favorite episode of this season, Matt and his Grandma have some substantial screen time, I think Smash will rebound with another school(Com'on He was only defending his sister), but I wish Landry didn't go back to Tyra. Not only was the hippie chick really cute, they actually had some common ground and interests they shared together, she was right that he made a huge mistake.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 02-02-08 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-02-08, 12:13 PM

Great episode. Evoked a lot of emotion and feeling with a great script and acting. One of the best actresses on that show imo? The grandmother. I forget she is acting. I think she is really affected with Alzheimers. Amazing job.
Old 02-02-08, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
There's something obvious about this episode, OK. When Street isn't around, the episode is usually much better, OK. I think that should be pointed out, OK.

das
Except for the fact that I rate the last scene of this episode as one of my favorite scenes of the whole series. I thought it had great impact.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.